the_raptor's Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher: Hearts of Darkness #1 - GN review

• the_raptor wrote this review on .

Hearts of Darkness

Starring three of Marvel's greatest bad-ass heroes, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, and the Punisher are given invitations to Christ's Crown, a small town where everything is not as it seems. Blackheart offers them the ability to to become stronger and to destroy Mephisto. They refuse, which makes Blackheart deside to change their minds by kidnapping a little girl named Lucy. The three of them team-up and defeat Blackheart.

This is easily one of the greatest team-ups in the Marvel Universe, but what if Blackheart decided to do one better? Let's think about other bad-ass superheroes who would gladly join the kicking of Blackheart's ass:

Black Widow

Venom

Werewolf

Other reviews for Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher: Hearts of Darkness #1 - GN

Pretty Good. 0

I am actually one of those people with a limited income, therefore it's hard for me to buy comics by the dozen. This one, I believe, found its way into my hands as a Christmas present. It was included with a Blackheart action figure (part of the Onslaught series of Marvel Legends). I thought, "Hey, I might as well read it." I am a big fan of John Romita Jr.'s art, so that was a plus. Never heard of Howard Mackie, though, so it was hard to predict what the writing would be like. But it was pretty...

An Oldie But Goodie! 0

While reorganizing my comic collection I stumbled upon this one-shot from about twenty years ago or so and realized that I had either never read it or the story totally slipped my memory.  The Good While not a unique concept, we see Blackheart (son of Marvel's version of the devil a.k.a. Mephisto) tempting three of the MU's less morally bound characters.  This would then provide Blackheart with some extra power to kill Mephisto and take over his "operation".  The story was not bad and well paced...