Awesome Toy Picks: Dan Ketch - Ghost Rider

Posted by G-Man (37730 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Legends line of action figures made its return earlier this year. The line first started in 2002. The last main line was in 2008 followed by some department store exclusive lines. I debated over the figures from this line but thought it was time to check one out.

This week we're going to look at the Ghost Rider figure.

If you haven't been reading or following Ghost Rider the past few years, you might notice he looks a little different. Rather than the normal colored flames, this one is blue. That means that this is the Dan Ketch version which, in my opinion, makes it quite a bit cooler.

It is a little weird that there is no clear mention that this is Ketch. We know because of the color but even the back offers no information.

If you haven't seen this line, you can see that Steve Rogers, Hope Summers, Iron Man, Klaw, Constrictor and Thor are also in the line. Buying them all allows you to build your own Terrax.

Here's the parts of Terrax you get. If you don't get all, it's kind of sad and creepy to just have random body parts lying around.

Ghost Rider looks pretty cool in the packaging but actually looks quite a bit cooler once you take him out. You can click each image for a larger look.

You can see that action figure flame technology has improved. This isn't the first Ghost Rider figure we've had but this looks pretty sweet. Especially with the light shining on it.

What about those other Ghost Rider figures?

What's cool about this Ghost Rider figure is his head glows in the dark. That is perfectly fitting since GHOST RIDER #15 from 1991 had a glow-in-the-dark cover.

Of course we can't forget the Super Hero Squad figure. At least that one came with an actual motorcycle.

It's understandable that the Marvel Legends figure can't come with a motorcycle but Ghost Rider without one seems a little weird. Still, it's a pretty cool looking figure. What do you think?

Next week we'll take a look at another LEGO set. Stay tuned!

#1 Posted by halucinathan (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been looking everywhere for the blue flame version. I picked this exact figure up from Target about 7 months back, but it is in the traditional orange flame. I want the this even more after seeing how cool it looks in the pictures above.

#2 Posted by bamfamf (22 posts) - - Show Bio

haha thats awesome. lovin the glow in the dark figure.

#3 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

it's cool ,but im only into marvel universe for my marvel figures

but with some re-tooling it can be used as a custom B.P.R.D villain the black flame

#4 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Frikkin' wish Ghost was blue full time. Or else have Marvel Select make a Ketsch variant GhostRider. Now that'd be the figure to get!

#5 Posted by 7DEADPOOL7 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucky

#6 Posted by scuzz2.0 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

how much did it cost?

i love the detail on it, looks pretty bad ass. also, what size is it? i hate those tiny figures they have been coming out with recently.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34347 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks very bulky 

#8 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Ghost Rider joins the new Marvel Now Thunderbolts team. That book looks sick and I think Ghost Rider (Alejandra, Ketch or Blaze) would make an awesome addition. Anyway the Ketch figure is terrific.

#9 Posted by longbowhunter (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw this last night at Target. They actually had all of the first wave. Never really been a Ghost Rider fan.

#10 Posted by DenjinZ (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of disappointing that they didn't mention that it was Danny Ketch, since not everyone knows about him. I own an older Danny Ketch Ghost Rider figure from the Legends line, which was pretty cool, I felt. As for this one...it looks cool, but lack of bike kind of hurts it overall, I think.

#11 Posted by aqviz (3 posts) - - Show Bio

the whole looks is awesome . but , that fire on the skull , is kinda weird . it's like he's wearing that crown made of fire . anyhow , thumbs up . :)

#12 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#13 Posted by Sifighter (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, will look for it next comiccon

#14 Posted by mcduck (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The original marvel legends ghost rider is what started my marvel legends obsession and the funny thing is I pretty much just read dc. He's awesome because he came with the bike. I've seen the blue flame version of this figure a few times in the northeast, usually at target. Can't wait for wave 3

#15 Posted by christopherwalken (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks badass.

#17 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

if i get it i'll pair it with a bike from another action figure

#18 Posted by falcon10 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#19 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

blue reminds me of fathom and micheal turner RIP

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh I want that Dan Ketch figure so bad :/ And the shot with him turning his back to Blaze and SHS Blaze is priceless ^_^

#21 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

oooh. Nice Ketch figure.

I have the old Marvel Select Johnny Blaze Rider, the Legen- wait for it -dary Riders Vengeance. This one would just complete my trio.

#22 Posted by RoTheKid (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool! I love these toy articles! I look forward to them every Sunday! :)

#23 Posted by blueninjapanther (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the Dan Ketch figure. He looks awesome and I like him better than blaze

#24 Posted by Darkmount1 (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

The body mold underneath is reused from the ML Ronin figure.

#25 Posted by reaper2922 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit these new Marvel Legends are pretty awesome, personally my favorites are US Agent, Piledriver, and Thunderball

#26 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Gosh I want that Dan Ketch figure so bad :/ And the shot with him turning his back to Blaze and SHS Blaze is priceless ^_^

#27 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

i had a chance to get this figure recently but passed on it im still kicking my self for that one

#29 Posted by _Araneae_ (413 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know he was back. But didn't that other one from a while back come with cycle?

#30 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really badass!

#31 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3773 posts) - - Show Bio

Most awesome of the three.

#32 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda reminds me of spawn.

#33 Posted by Jackass_Cowboy (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta gettit man!

#34 Posted by MAllen (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't bought a Marvel Legends figure in years, but this one is tempting.

#35 Posted by Jontaru (6 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.