Follow

Ghost Rider 2099

Character » Ghost Rider 2099 appears in 85 issues.

A new, high-tech Spirit of Vengeance stalks the streets of Transverse City and struggles against the evil corporate entity D/Monix.

Ghost Rider 2099... WTF?????????

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Okay, has anyone read Ghost Rider 2099? I just read an issue, and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. From what I picked up, Ghost Rider's no longer connected to Mephisto in any way, he's Japanese, he's a cop, and his mom is some sort of druggie. What??? I've said it once, I'll say it again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Anybody else got any comments about that liitle fiasco of a series?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think I bought like the first 2 or 3 issues. Then I stopped. I've blocked it from my memory. All I remember is the cover to issue #1.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

Ghost Rider 2099 isn't the Ghost Rider we know, he's literally from the year 2099, as were all the characters in the 2099 titles.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Octagon Enigma

DEADPOOL says:

"Ghost Rider 2099 isn't the Ghost Rider we know, he's literally from the year 2099, as were all the characters in the 2099 titles."

I know that, but they completely distorted what Ghost Rider was. In that series, he was like some sort of technological mutate that, for some reason, no one saw was different from everybody else. It was truly just a bunch of messed up sh*t.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

G-Man says:

"I think I bought like the first 2 or 3 issues. Then I stopped. I've blocked it from my memory. All I remember is the cover to issue #1."

It was shiny. Must buy...shiny covers.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Boken

hey what about doom 2099 aint he the original, i'm not quite shure all i have is up to issue 17

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Lord Boken says:

"hey what about doom 2099 aint he the original, i'm not quite shure all i have is up to issue 17"

It seems probable, since Doom is super genius and all that jazz.

AlphaRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By AlphaRider

GR2099 Was about a bad seed kid ( Kenshiro "Zero" Cochrane) living in Transvers City during the time of 2099. He had stole some important info which he and his gang were hunted down for and killed. The person who hired the assassination of the gang was an employee of the corperation named D/Monix, which was Zero's father. Zero was able to download his consciousness into cyber space before dying where a strange artificial entities known as Ghost Works. The gave him a mechanical body, with holiraphic tech, and other shit as he tries to bring down the corperation that killed him and free the city from it's lies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.