therandomizedguy's Ghost Rider #0.1 - Give Up The Ghost review

...and the war on sin begins.

I LOVE this issue. There is just so much in this issue that is just so right. Except for that freaking logo.

I don't know much about Ghost Rider. I know the character has been around for about as long as most other Marvel characters and has an equally rich history. I also know that for some reason there are like three Ghost Riders running around for some reason. What I don't know is why. Regardless of what you do know about Ghost Rider you don't need to know a thing about the character to get into this series.

Not sure if I am alone on this one but the opening pages of this issue are pretty freaking genius. Williams sets up that Johnny Blaze is the Ghost Rider, why he's the Ghost Rider, how much is kind of blows to be the Ghost Rider, and Blaze's general attitude and personality. And he does it in six pages. Freaking perfect!

It does kind of suck that this series is starting as a tie in to this summer's big annoying event but I can't help but feel that this is all going to end in a big epic way. I'm just hoping I don't have to read any other parts of the said event though. My only other issue is that terrible logo! It just looks terrible and photoshopped by a 13 year old. Regardless, I would seriously give up food for this series if it continues to be this good.