Follow

Gertrude Yorkes

Character » Gertrude Yorkes appears in 149 issues.

Gertrude "Gert" Yorkes was a founding member of the Runaways. She shares a psychic bond with her pet deinonychus, Old Lace. She was also the daughter Dale & Stacey Yorkes; members of the Pride.

Gert Yorkes Speculation Thread

kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kerukun878

Mkay, so as we all know(Or most of us), Runaways Volume 3 came to an end quite some time ago. Thing is, I've only just been able to read the final issue of said volume last night. And I noticed something. the brown haired girl has GOT to be Gert Yorkes, why, do you ask?

Theory 1;Didn't Gert say this line to Chase before: "A word to the wise, sailor; the longer you lie on the pavement, the less attractive you're gonna get."
    Theory 2:In the panel above the one Chase get's hit in... Why would she even CARE if it wasn't Gert? Normally a girl would simply think he was a stalker, and let him get in. While she says "WAIT!"
    Theory 3:Under the hair dye, Gert has said she is brunette, and her eyes are blue-ish green.
    Theory 4:In the panel above the one Chase get's hit in, in the background, you can see the shadow of Old Lace. Was she really dead? Or was she simply fainted? And she doesn't cry out in pain, so is the empathic connection back to our beloved Ms. Yorkes?

Thoughts?

lydiabones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lydiabones

Wow, how did I miss that Old Lace outline? And I remember that they never found Old Lace's body, and just assumed Nico's magic made it disappear.

kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kerukun878
    @lydiabones: Actually they assumed that Nicos magic didn't bring it with them. But yea, I agree! The first time I read it, I missed it, too.
    lydiabones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lydiabones
    @kerukun878: Ah my bad. I really hope they will bring Gert back, she was my favorite character. Do you have any idea when the "hiatus" will be over?
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kerukun878
    @lydiabones: My favorite is Karolina. :D

And sadly, I do not. I know a volume 4 is planned.
    lydiabones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lydiabones
    @kerukun878:
    oh good, i was afraid they were going to cancel it. i really hope they bring Xavin back.
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kerukun878
    @lydiabones: Hmm. Essentially it'd be replacing Chase with Gert and bringing Xavin back then, but, I agree. Xavin.. She rules.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.