Geoff Johns Wants To Write Live Action Superman or Flash

Posted by G-Man (34537 posts) - - Show Bio
I think we can agree that Geoff Johns is an amazing writer.  He admits to loving the DC Universe.  He's already written just about every character lately and has helped reshape a lot of the recent DC events.  He's even working on the DC Universe Online game.

It seems comics aren't enough for him.  He told MTV that he'd love to write for Smallville if it returns for a ninth season.  He even would've written for The Graysons (unfortunately that has been canceled). 

What he really wants to do is write a Superman or Flash movie.  It makes sense to me.  Why not have an actual comic book writer take on the characters for a movie.  Who else knows the characters better.  He has my vote.
Staff
#1 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

Johns would ROCK for a Flash movie

#2 Posted by inferiorego (24939 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to sound like a jerk but.... duh. I'd like him to do a Flash film.

Staff
#3 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been happier with Flash comics than when Johns was in charge.  I can't think of a better writer for the movie.

#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns' runs on Flash and Action Comics are some of the best I've ever read

#5 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah MAN this has just made m night. I hope he goes for Flash

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

same, as good as Action comics is, it's too much of a Donner fest, if they are doing a reboot aiming for something similar to last time doesn't work.

On a sidenote: Donner himself said that Johns should be handled the Superman franchise

Oh and I personally want Morrison, three words: All Stars Superman

#7 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!  Finally, something in the super hero movie world that plain makes sense!!  I'd be very happy with him as a writer for any DC comic property.  Give it to him! 

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, Johns is amazing but not really a fan on his take of Batman and/or Wonder Woman

#9 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome.  His run on Action Comics has been amazing.  If you made his Brainiac story into movie it would be beyond epic.  I'd love to see anything he'd write.

#10 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a flash movie by him.

Superman its gay in he's new movies.
#11 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

At last... a great writer for a great movie... Ryan Reynolds good candidate as The Flash (Wally West)... What would you think could be a good villain?... Maybe Captain Cold?...

#12 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome!

#13 Posted by The Wind-Stalker (64 posts) - - Show Bio

go for flash i think people are tired of superman and besides we have superman movie already

#14 Posted by nite_wing (1 posts) - - Show Bio

flash all way

#15 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw it! Give him both movies!!!
He is clear more talented than most of the script writers anyway,

#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

point there

#17 Posted by ButterscotchLion (24 posts) - - Show Bio

He could do both, couldn't he? 

...Seeing as the Flash movie probably won't be out until like 2030, anyway.
#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

imao

#19 Posted by AssertingValor (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash needs a film more than Superman.

#20 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

coolio

#21 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Man everyone loves this Johns guy work. I'm going to check it out and hope he writes some superhero movies. Too many suck because they don't even bother to hire great comic book writers.

#22 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Johns for a new Flash movie would be Cool... but I think they need to lay low for a while with a new Superman movie...
#23 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"same, as good as Action comics is, it's too much of a Donner fest, if they are doing a reboot aiming for something similar to last time doesn't work.

On a sidenote: Donner himself said that Johns should be handled the Superman franchise

Oh and I personally want Morrison, three words: All Stars Superman"
Yeah, now yer talking, all star and Morrison rock! But so do Johns, and I'm willing to jump on anything he's excited about!
#24 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"Nighthunter said:
"same, as good as Action comics is, it's too much of a Donner fest, if they are doing a reboot aiming for something similar to last time doesn't work.

Yeah, now yer talking, all star and Morrison rock! But so do Johns, and I'm willing to jump on anything he's excited about!"
NO, Silver age needs to die and stay buried. I loved All star Superman, And I'm Morrison's biggest fan, But if they're making a superman movie it needs to be modern version.
No more Goofy bumbling Clark Kent serving as nothing more than a mask and comic relief.
No more Gangsta Lex who hides in underground lairs, with a habit of surrounding himself with idiotic henchmen.
No more Superman's girlfriend Lois Lane desperately wanting to get Superman's attention, and definitely no more getting pregnant.
#25 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"lordraiden said:
"Nighthunter said:

Yeah, now yer talking, all star and Morrison rock! But so do Johns, and I'm willing to jump on anything he's excited about!"
NO, Silver age needs to die and stay buried. I loved All star Superman, And I'm Morrison's biggest fan, But if they're making a superman movie it needs to be modern version.
No more Goofy bumbling Clark Kent serving as nothing more than a mask and comic relief.
No more Gangsta Lex who hides in underground lairs, with a habit of surrounding himself with idiotic henchmen.
No more Superman's girlfriend Lois Lane desperately wanting to get Superman's attention, and definitely no more getting pregnant."
I agree with the last too 'No more's but I think Clark Kent should still be kind of climsy. Not just for cheap comic relief of course.
#26 Edited by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

His writing for the Green Lantern  movie sucked 

he's a bit of a hack writer if you ask me

#27 Edited by sky-pirate (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@MutenRoshi said:

His writing for the Green Lantern movie sucked he's a bit of a hack writer if you ask me

ITA. He couldn't even write good on Smallville. Have you seen Absolute Justice? The entire thing is full of plotholes and ends with the (all too common) Geoff Johns 180 degree turn, of Hawkman (off-screen) deciding to reform the JSA and return to heroics (on a permanent basis).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.