Follow

Gentle

Character » Gentle appears in 627 issues.

Gentle is a mutant from Wakanda sent to the X-Men. He has super strength and has vibranium tattoos to keep his power under control. He is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Vibranium

davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By davidkenneth

So with the Vibranium gone what will happen to him?
    Tavai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Tavai
    @davidkenneth: I'm curious about that too! So will he just be unable to use his powers? I mean since his strength is destructive to his body or will his body adapt?
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By davidkenneth

I don't know but I hope Marvel just doesn't kill him off or kill him.
    Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By Deadknight

It would be interesting to see him adapt beyond his power's self-harming nature, considering that he would most likely be close to Hulk level.
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By davidkenneth
    @Deadknight:
    Yeah but I'm starting to think that not all the vibranium was destroyed so Gentle might still how his tats.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By EdwardWindsor

they should jsut get Elxir to hook him up when he has to use his abilties

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tavai said:
    " @davidkenneth: I'm curious about that too! So will he just be unable to use his powers? I mean since his strength is destructive to his body or will his body adapt? "
    i think he might go crazy and explode from the stress  at least that seems logical.  they probably wont do that though.  but it would be pretty cool.  
    @lazystudent said:
    " they should jsut get Elxir to hook him up when he has to use his abilties "

i think the only way elixir could cure him would be to remove his x-gene since its poorly mutated and thus killing him.  
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  i didnt make myself clear, using his powers damages him right if he uses them at a certain level. Elixir could possibly repair some of the dmaeg from over use but not cure him of the problem conpletely.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  i didnt make myself clear, using his powers damages him right if he uses them at a certain level. Elixir could possibly repair some of the dmaeg from over use but not cure him of the problem conpletely. "
    ah, got it.  wouldn't it be less painful and more effective to be daken who heals better.  i know he doesn't have the other powers but...
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  you mean a transfusion of blood or soemthing from daken ? since i havent seen daken actually heal anybody else via touching them which elixir could do. In this case only a small amount of damage not the whole problem would be healed.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  you mean a transfusion of blood or soemthing from daken ? since i havent seen daken actually heal anybody else via touching them which elixir could do. In this case only a small amount of damage not the whole problem would be healed. "
    no i meant if you had daken's powers.  you would be able to heal from any side effects of your other powers.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: oh yeah sure, i get you. Dakens healing factor is great but if you gave gentle that as well as his strenght he would be to tankish really be like hulk mark 2.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: oh yeah sure, i get you. Dakens healing factor is great but if you gave gentle that as well as his strenght he would be to tankish really be like hulk mark 2. "
    yeah and don't forget those persuasion pheromes
    and  sorry for not making sense i thought i was responding to someone from a different threat.  yeah i think what elixir should do is cure him of the x-gene cuz hell probably die if he doesn't.  unless some dues ex machina makes elixir have the power to make gentle's powers work properly.  
    another thing they could do is have rogue suck out a good portion of his strength so its balanced between the two.    
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  with elixir at the mo hes still very much an uknown in terms of maximum power level his feats are far apart and hes often Ko'd by them. If he ever gains more control  and skill with them he could do preety much aything, being Omega class and all. I think the rogue soultion would only work short term since when she takes some of peopels powers they generaly build back up again to previous level shortly after, unless she pulls a ms marvel and steals all his powers which would just move the problem to her.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  with elixir at the mo hes still very much an uknown in terms of maximum power level his feats are far apart and hes often Ko'd by them. If he ever gains more control  and skill with them he could do preety much aything, being Omega class and all. I think the rogue soultion would only work short term since when she takes some of peopels powers they generaly build back up again to previous level shortly after, unless she pulls a ms marvel and steals all his powers which would just move the problem to her. "
    that was all before she got full control of her powers after fighting Danger.
    and i am excited to see what happens with Elixir.  he is one ultra-powerful character they might refrain from giving the go-villain-then-die treatment. 
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: i was meaning if we wanted gentle to be cured that was the only real way roque could help, since powers always return shortly after her touch. but yeah iam a elxir fan i want to see more of what they have planned for him.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: i was meaning if we wanted gentle to be cured that was the only real way roque could help, since powers always return shortly after her touch. but yeah iam a elxir fan i want to see more of what they have planned for him. "
    i dont think thats the case anymore.  i think she can steel them permanently
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: i was meaning if we wanted gentle to be cured that was the only real way roque could help, since powers always return shortly after her touch. but yeah iam a elxir fan i want to see more of what they have planned for him. "
    and by permanently i mean take only a piece permanently. 
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  i i think she takes abit of their power but there levels return, otherwise she would of slightly depowered several xmen. But your theory is certainly possible.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  i i think she takes abit of their power but there levels return, otherwise she would of slightly depowered several xmen. But your theory is certainly possible. "
    oh i agree that she can just temporarily take their powers and have them loose nothing.  i just think she can ALSO take a certain portion of it too keep if she tries really hard and is in contact with them for a while. 
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " @lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  i i think she takes abit of their power but there levels return, otherwise she would of slightly depowered several xmen. But your theory is certainly possible. "
    oh i agree that she can just temporarily take their powers and have them loose nothing.  i just think she can ALSO take a certain portion of it too keep if she tries really hard and is in contact with them for a while.  "
    ah i understand what you mean better now, yeah totally agree with that also.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " @lazystudent said:
    oh i agree that she can just temporarily take their powers and have them loose nothing.  i just think she can ALSO take a certain portion of it too keep if she tries really hard and is in contact with them for a while.  "
    ah i understand what you mean better now, yeah totally agree with that also. "
    :)
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Osiris1428

Sych, Tag, Slug, Bishop....X-Men aren't too friendly to ...those kind of mutants.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Osiris1428 said:
    Sych, Tag, Slug, Bishop....X-Men aren't too friendly to ...those kind of mutants.
    I think they have been treated well actually. Some have died (some brought back like all comic characters), but I would hate for them to keep a character around based upon race.
    Synch was always considered an honored X-men. M loved him and the team ultimately disbanded shortly after his death. One of his powers was even to basically Synch with people and get along with them very easily. 
    Bishop is misunderstood. He is loved by some, disliked by others and few just don't know about him. Hes been an epic X-men character throughout his history. One of the few who does what is necessary. 
    Storm, Synch, Bishop, M, Darwin, Sunspot, Gentle....each very interesting mutants with unique abilities.  
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Osiris1428
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Osiris1428 said:
    I think they have been treated well actually. Some have died (some brought back like all comic characters), but I would hate for them to keep a character around based upon race.
    Oh, that would be a CRIME, but if they wind up being under used and just killed off, it could POSSIBLY be what I think it is, could it???
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Osiris1428 said:
    Oh, that would be a CRIME, but if they wind up being under used and just killed off, it could POSSIBLY be what I think it is, could it???
    Anything is possible =) 
    Just sad that the reason of "race" for some is always the most probable.  
    Who knows. I just choose not to see it around every corner.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#27  Edited By xerox_kitty

This is a thread about Gentle, who isn't dead yet as far as I'm aware.  It isn't a thread about racist conspiracy theories about dead characters. 

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kallarkz
    @xerox-kitty said:
    This is a thread about Gentle, who isn't dead yet as far as I'm aware.  It isn't a thread about racist conspiracy theories about dead characters. 
    This be true. 

How in fact was Gentles powers stabilized by the way?

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Kiddevil
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: maybe elixer could fix his x-gene so it doesnt kill him?
    lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

Everyone is missing a simple point. When T'Challa destroyed the Vibranium, he didn't destroy it all (and no, I'm not meaning that the Antarctic Vibranium was unaffected, though that is true too). The dialogue made it clear, he destroyed all the processed Vibranium, but that the raw ore in the mound was not destroyed. They noted that there's comparatively little of that left, not enough for a country whose whole economy used it for its underlying strength, but there could still be several tons. There'd definitely be enough for Gentle if they wanted to provide it to him. Of course, that depends on the characters feeling that such a valuable commodity can be spared (but since he needs it to survive, and they are good people, I'd think they'd spare it), and other writers realising that there is still some Vibranium, which is perhaps less certain.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.