Follow

Gentle

Character » Gentle appears in 627 issues.

Gentle is a mutant from Wakanda sent to the X-Men. He has super strength and has vibranium tattoos to keep his power under control. He is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Silver Eyes ...!?!?!

kai95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kai95

Am I the only one who noticed his eyes are silver even in human form?.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By riri4life

I'm pretty sure they are an icy blue, not silver.  
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By WARLOCK2792

He's mixed..........white daddy, Wakandan mother.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Why does this warrant such excessive punctuation? It's not ground-breaking.
    Tommy_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tommy_X

If he really has blue eyes then it does make me wonder why so many Marvel characters with African descent (Well atleast X-Men related) have eyes that aren't very common for Africans...
    Storm also has blue eyes and one of the lights Idie seems to have one blue eye and one orange(?) eye when her powers are active. (I noticed this recently in an teaser for Schism)  
    Okay, Gentle's father was revealed to be Russian and Idie's is a side-effect of her using her powers. Storm I think is simply descendent from ancestors who also had the same trait as her and it's a hereditary trait (a magical trait actually so it'd explain why it's always passed on) But even if these can be explained with a side-effects of powers or having one caucasian parent (in this case it's possible but still it's more likely for the child not to have blue eyes) it's still funny how it seems to be common for so many African X-Men...
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Tommy_X: Blame James Earl Jones lol his eyes are insanely blue, Also marvel loves blue, blue is calming(both storm and gentle must remain tranquil because of their powers) Idie has one blue and one orange because of her powers and its probably relevant to her inner turmoil 

And it's very striking when a person with a dark complexion to have such dramatic eyes, helps show more expression when they stand out(no matter the race)
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Thunderscream

I want to believe that a lot of characters of African descent are illustrated with lighter color eyes simply to enhance the contrast for the artwork's sake but I think it would behoove some of the big-wigs, especially in the larger companies like Marvel & DC, to make sure that the use of lighter colors is justified...because I've read many a' article about applying more caucasian characteristics to better "mainstream" black, asian, latino, etc. heroes and although many of those arguments are pretty extreme, they're also compelling. Storm is usually at the center of the controversy because of the white hair and blue eyes but I'd bet Gentle would factor into their thesis as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.