Brought to life by some of the world's darkest minds, and unknown person guided mad scientists, such as Dr. Ivo, to acquire and from the sites of some of the worst acts of Genocide in the world's history. They then used this dust and an unknown power source to create and animate a golem, calling itself Genocide. Setting it's sights on Wonder Woman, with her and the amazons destruction their ultimate goal, they set their creation loose.
Travelling to Wonder Woman's city, Genocide began rampaging through a shopping center. Diana was sent with her team to respond to the disturbance. What she found was Genocide with a number of prisoners held in the center of the shopping center, realizing the severity of the threat she quickly transformed into her Wonder Woman persona to face the creature. Genocide fought against Diana fiercely, testing her to her very limits. During the course of the battle Diana realized that the golem she faced was powered by a God. While she dealt with that knowledge, Genocide took the offensive, attacking Diana with all it's might. As the fighting progressed Genocide began bringing Wonder Woman to the edge of her abilities, pushing her beyond it. Stopping to grab one of the hostages she held, Genocide demanded that the Amazon get on her knee's.
Diana complied, questioning why she had been ordered to do so. Genocide calmy replied for the view, and murdered the woman she had grabbed. Diana attacked in a rage, yet even that wasn't enough. Genocide began to feed off of Diana's rage, using it to paralyze the princess and began to beat Diana brutally. Genocide was able to completely overpowering Diana, leaving her tied (almost crucified) to a cement slab, and taking Wonder Woman's lasso as her own.
The character of Genocide was created for use in DC Comics by Gail Simone. Her first appearance is in Wonder Woman #26, released in January, 2009, and her death comes in Wonder Woman #34, released in September, 2009.
Powers and Abilities
The full extent of Genocide's abilities has yet to be revealed. Because Genocide bears the body of the future Wonder Woman, she may have all of Wonder Woman basic powers and abilities at her use.
- Superhuman Strength: Genocide over powered and outmatched Wonder Woman and the Justice League of America. This making Genocide what would seem to be a female version of Doomsdays.
- Superhuman Durability: Genocide possesses a high resistance to damage and magical attacks. Genocide took blows from Wonder Woman and had extreme resistant to her blunt force attacks. Genocide may somewhat be vulnerable to piercing weapons since she has Wonder Woman body from the future.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Genocide was easily able to keep up with Wonder Woman battle.
- Superhuman Speed: Genocide has superhuman-reflexes and is able to go toe-to-toe in battle with Wonder Woman, Genocide's speed should be on the same level or greater then Wonder Woman's noted she outmatched her in battle.
- Superhuman Agility: Genocide's agility seems to be greater than even that of Wonder Woman's.
- Superhuman Stamina: Genocide can last a great deal of time in any fight, it would seem longer than Wonder Woman.
- Anger Projection: Genocide can project anger, fear, and despair to weaken her enemies and
- channels rage from its victims to increase its strength
- Superhuman Senses: All five of Genocide's senses can be used at an superhuman degree.
- Invulnerability: Being a magical construct, she is nearly indestructible.
- Healing: Being a magical construct, she is nearly indestructible and can heal any damage her body receives.
- Martial Combat: Genocide can fight armed and unarmed and is capable of going Toe-to-Toe with Wonder Woman and nearly killed Wonder Woman herself in battle and defeated the Justice League of America.
Because Genocide bears the body of the future Wonder Woman, she can tap into the Lasso of Truth to create a large explosion of negative psychic energy. The explosion can not only destroy nearby solid material and people, but also leaves survivors with a backlash of such negative emotion that they do not think or act rationally.
Lasso of Truth: Genocide has Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth woven into her shoulders, arms, and back. She uses the lasso not only for its truth-telling abilities, but also to directly attack people's souls.