Follow

Genis-Vell

Character » Genis-Vell appears in 286 issues.

Cloned from the DNA of the Kree warrior Mar-Vell, Genis-Vell was implanted with false memories making him believe he was instead Starfox's son. He was then artificially aged so that he'd be ready to face Mar-Vell's enemies. He inherited the title of Captain Marvel, but succumbed to the madness of Cosmic Awareness as he became nearly omnipotent and sought to "fix" the universe. He redeemed himself afterwards and became part of the Thunderbolts, where he took the title of Photon and was killed by Baron Zemo.

Insane Genis-Vell....?

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
    TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSpiritStalker
    No Caption Provided
    Can you guys give me the lowdown on this guy because I'm looking him up and I can't truly find anything on him. So can you guys like tell me his history and powers. Thanks.
    Omen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Omen

Well, the "insane" Genis-Vell was only really around for a little while before his title was cancelled. During that time, the stories involving him were a bit jumpy. So I'll do my best with a lowdown and I hope this helps you out. I'll try to be brief and if you want to know more you can either ask for more or get the comics.

He is the son of Mar-Vell, the origional Captain Marvel, and an Eternal from Titan known as Elysius. She had a fling with Mar-Vell and when he died she decided to have his kid using some cloning technology and some DNA. As a result Genis is much more powerful (stronger, faster, etc.) than his dad was. His power's include vast energy manipulation, super strength in the 100+ class, flight, breathing in space, faster than light travel, and cosmic awareness (and he also time traveled once). He inherited his dad's cosmic awareness (basically omniscience) which takes months of deep docus and meditation before he finally learns how to use it properly. He has a really deep desire to live up to his father's reputation which gives him some daddy issues, him always striving to be perfect and what not. 

The cosmic awareness drives him insane once he finally learns how to use it. He wants to save everyone, but all of his actions exist in shades of gray outcomes and he's needed everywhere at once. It's really the stress that gets him. Afterwards he decides it better to not care about life so much and he gets a little less human about his actions. He eventually starts believing himself to be a god and starts occupying himself with various shinanigans for entertainment. At this point he's basically a cosmic Deadpool. It's pretty funny and there's a lot of philisophical/ social commentary involved that I found really funny/interesting.  

There's also some scans of some of his funny rants here on comicvine if you''re interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.