Follow

Genie

Character » Genie appears in 152 issues.

The Genie was released from his lamp by Aladdin and became one of Aladdin's greatest friends.

Blue Genie of Aladdin

theBlueGenie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theBlueGenie

I am wondering how powerfull the Genie of Aladdin is in full power,if angered, if he was not a funny sidekick, but a serious mean caracter, forgett that he is voiced by Robbin WIilliams and Don Castellanta (both which are comedians)

I am wondering if what level of Genie he is in terms of Genie mythology, how would he rank in a DC universe or Marvel Universe compered to the Genies and Imps in djinn universes, i know there is a vilable ranking order which can be used to validate Genies strenght and different classes of Genies, on the lower levels you have Sprites, Imps anf Foliots, ( my basic analysis method is based around the Barthimeaus trilogi by Johnathan Stroud, where large part of the books is about genie powers and various powers), on the higher limits you got Djinn, Afritt/Ifritt and Marid, and there is Genies which is so low they aint more then farts, and not given names couse they are not really able at any large feats, and there are entetys so powerfull, that by their mear pressance can warp reality, Ramuthra of Barthimaeus the book Amulett of Samarkand was so powerfull he created a black hole over London by his presseance, and was an uncontrollable force over 10 times higher then a Marid, Nouda from the book Ptolemy's gate was 6 times as strong as a Marid, warped reality by his pressance, could destroy other genies with little effort, and sucked everything of a radious of 3-4 killometers towards him. Nouda and Ramuthra http://z13.invisionfree.com/The_Tower_of_London/index.php?showtopic=23 the highest entitys of Genies i have come across, on what level is Genie, he was quite powerfull when he was in the lamp, is he as powerfull as Barthimaeus, a fourth level djinn of 5000 years old,, or is he stronger, according to Disney WIki, itis said in the Trivia part that the Blues Genie

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Genie His appearance may have been inspired by a type of Djinn known as the Marid. Traditionally believed to be the most powerful classification of Djinn, the Marida (plural formof Marid) are known also as the "Blue Djinn" for their likewise skin texture.

by that it means he is in the upper limmits of the djinn level table, but way under Nouda and Ramuthra, i think also Genie Jafar is a bit over Marid status, or just a very powerfull Marid,

i think the freed Blue Genie is more on level with a high level normal Djinn, (like Barthimaus, or Ifritt level), this is the only djinn entity i know of from DC mr mxyzptlk, i dont know much of him but he seams to be powerfull, in mere djinn level status he is as i read an Imp, which is lower then djinn, ifritt and marid, but on a battle thread i read the Impt would stomp a high level Marid, or Djinn but he is probably from a different dimention, but heck that is also all other genies, they are from a different world then humans (according to the Barthimaus triliogi, which is the reason they not always understand human limitations, emotions and anatomical limitations), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mxyzptl

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

At the same the power level as Mr.mxyzptlk.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@CrimsonCake said:

At the same the power level as Mr.mxyzptlk.

Pretty much this.

Although the genie did show more Toon-Force.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

Genie is near-omnipotent. He seemingly has limitless power. He can warp reality to unknown extents with ease and has shown the ability to defy the laws of physics. He's also shown strong feats of strength and no visible weaknesses. He does have three limitations. He can't kill, bring back the dead (technically he can, but not with the results one would hope for), and can't manipulate human emotion. After being freed, he only maintained a fraction of his magic powers and the ability to shapeshift. It's hard to tell how he would compare to DC and Marvel characters because his powers are limited to the Disney universe, which he remains the most powerful being. I think he might be more like Mr. Mxyzptlk.

theBlueGenie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theBlueGenie

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

he had the power of Omnifarious and that's extremely good (shapeshift into anything independent of physical laws)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

He can do anything....anything..cept escape from a lamp.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@AweSam said:

Genie is near-omnipotent. He seemingly has limitless power. He can warp reality to unknown extents with ease and has shown the ability to defy the laws of physics. He's also shown strong feats of strength and no visible weaknesses. He does have three limitations. He can't kill, bring back the dead (technically he can, but not with the results one would hope for), and can't manipulate human emotion. After being freed, he only maintained a fraction of his magic powers and the ability to shapeshift. It's hard to tell how he would compare to DC and Marvel characters because his powers are limited to the Disney universe, which he remains the most powerful being. I think he might be more like Mr. Mxyzptlk.

I always thought Chernobog was the most powerful being in the Disney Universe.

theBlueGenie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By theBlueGenie

Chernabog is the most powerfull evil entity

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@AweSam said:

Hasn't shown anything to suggest he's above Genie.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

It's hard to say. He lost a large chunk of his powers after being freed. But that was still enough to help out against some heavy threats...

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@AweSam said:

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@AweSam said:

I know, but he is the equivalent of Satan within the Disney Universe I find it hard to fathom a genie could knock the embodiment of all things evil. The Genie was given a run for his money by Jafar (as I remember, it's been a long time since I've seen any of the Aladdin movies).

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AweSam

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@AweSam said:

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@AweSam said:

I know, but he is the equivalent of Satan within the Disney Universe I find it hard to fathom a genie could knock the embodiment of all things evil. The Genie was given a run for his money by Jafar (as I remember, it's been a long time since I've seen any of the Aladdin movies).

Genie was made to have the ability to do anything. They weren't really thinking which would be stronger. Jafar beat him after he was freed.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@AweSam said:

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@AweSam said:

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@AweSam said:

Genie was made to have the ability to do anything. They weren't really thinking which would be stronger. Jafar beat him after he was freed.

Understandably. Gotcha, so Jafar only got Genie after his power loss, I was missing that bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.