Zod in Superman/Wonder Woman and Earth One Vol 3

#1 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I found you, Son Of Jor-El

This fall, kneel before Zod!

In his Villains Month one-shot, Zod’s origin will be revealed. Not only will you see the infamous Superman villain in his New 52 debut, but you’ll also see him at an early age on an abandoned island and fighting monsters following his parents’ death. It’s Jor-El who acts as Zod’s ticket off the island, and the brotherly alliance they form is something that will be explored. It’s also something that might be the catalyst of some of the friction between Jor-El and Zor-El …

Then, in this fall’s SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN, fans can look forward to Zod taking on the role of the series’ first major villain. As for Doomsday? There’s a connection there too, but I won’t say anything more about that just yet.

And just because it’s San Diego Comic Con weekend, here’s another treat for you. Zod will be popping up in the pages of the upcoming original graphic novel, SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE, VOLUME 3. But why he’ll be coming after Kal from Krypton remains a mystery … for now.

In the gallery above, check out the designs for General Zod by Kenneth Rocafort for his appearances in the New 52, as well as Ardian Syaf’s designs for SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE, VOLUME 3.

#2 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated

#4 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they show both villains not just Supes.

#5 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#6 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I like how Orion is really good friends with WW now.

#10 Edited by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh bugger it, the good Superman villain is reserved for the couple few want to see series. Didn't Pak say he had plans for Zod, not Soule? And I haven't been impressed with the Earth One graphic novels yet. Hopefully Morrison's Wonder Woman one will change my mind.

#11 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

So Zod has a Z symbol?

You know, if it has meaning as a sort of reversed S symbol, I guess that could make sense. But hmm.

#12 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (11340 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

#13 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Oh bugger it, the good Superman villain is reserved for the couple few want to see series. Didn't Pak say he had plans for Zod, not Soule? And I haven't been impressed with the Earth One graphic novels yet. Hopefully Morrison's Wonder Woman one will change my mind.

Speak for yourself buddy :P

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod looks dumb in Earth One but his New 52 design isn't bad, even though the one from Last Son will always be my favorite.

@sandman_: They're adapting Faora to the comics? (Or rather bringing her back)

#15 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@lvenger said:

Speak for yourself buddy :P

Hey I like Zod man. Soule is a good writer to be fair. I just didn't want Zod to be in the series of a couple I dislike. I stand by my Earth One comments though :P

#16 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Bleh! I like Zod too, but I like SM/WW too. It does need more development though.

Party Pooper :P

Zod looks dumb in Earth One but his New 52 design isn't bad, even though the one from Last Son will always be my favorite.

@sandman_: They're adapting Faora to the comics? (Or rather bringing her back)

Faora is also gonna be there. See the pic I posted above with the gatefold.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Well I am glad Zod is back in the New 52. At least that's something.

#18 Posted by SmashBrawler (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Yep, that's why I asked. Lazy redesign too and her symbol makes no sense considering the DCnU isn't using MoS' kryptonian alphabet but whatever.

#19 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by knightofthechronicle (638 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, plain and simple. Zod looks awesome in New 52 and even more awesome in Earth 1 (Anyone notice how he looks so young in Earth 1?)

#21 Posted by knightofthechronicle (638 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, plain and simple. Zod looks awesome in New 52 and even more awesome in Earth 1 (Anyone notice how he looks so young in Earth 1?)

#22 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Funny, since pre-52 Orion connection to Earth was on Superman's side.

#24 Edited by entropy_aegis (14114 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they stick to this iteration of Zod,looks cool and the story sounds good too. I'll give SM/WW a shot,not opposed to the couple on principle but they need to do something interesting with them.

Earth One Zod yeah he looks dumb,it's like they wanted to make him cooler and edgier,reminds me more of H'el.

@sandman_ said:

@lilben42: Funny, since pre-52 Orion connection to Earth was on Superman's side.

Interesting to see that Darkseid is in Superman's corner while Orion is in Diana's.

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they stick to this iteration of Zod,looks cool and the story sounds good too. I'll give SM/WW a shot,not opposed to the couple on principle but they need to do something interesting with them.

Earth One Zod yeah he looks dumb,it's like they wanted to make him cooler and edgier,reminds me more of H'el.

@sandman_ said:

Interesting to see that Darkseid is in Superman's corner while Orion is in Diana's.

I thought you hated the idea of Darkseid as a Superman villain....

#26 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: I wonder if they thought that out or if its just a coincidence.

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (14114 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I do but they could possibly do a story that forces Superman to team up with Darkseid and WW to team up with Orion.

#28 Posted by entropy_aegis (14114 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@entropy_aegis: I wonder if they thought that out or if its just a coincidence.

I believe it's intentional.

#29 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: That would be an awesome story! At least if its done right.

#30 Posted by dondave (33384 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (14114 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@entropy_aegis: That would be an awesome story! At least if its done right.

Sadly done right and Darkseid rarely go hand in hand.

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32109 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm isn't using Zod in Earth 1 just going to be a rehash of Vol 1?

#33 Posted by TDK_1997 (14411 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad that we are about to see Zod but I wanted to see him in Action COmics,under the hands of Pak and not in Superman/Wonder Woman.And also I really dig his Earth One design.

#34 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I do but they could possibly do a story that forces Superman to team up with Darkseid and WW to team up with Orion.

So...Darkseid can betray Superman? :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.