World's End

#1 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

World's End starts on Issue 21 for the kids of Gen 13. Don't worry too much about the previous storyline, 21 is a good place to start.

Issue 21

Preview

Look before you leap! After jumping through an I.O. teleportation device at the close of their last adventure, the Gen13 kids find themselves in a radically changed world that they NEVER expected! The fallout from Number of the Beast continues as the epic "Teenage Wasteland" begins!

Issue 22

Preview

As the kids navigate their way through a flattened and flooded New York, they discover human survivors of the apocalypse — who want superhuman blood! Can a desperate plan bail them out, or will the kids serve the ultimate sentence for being post-humans? Plus: Part 3 of the Wetworks backup story by Gage and Badeaux!

Issue 23

The kids have found nothing but hardship and near-death in the post-apocalyptic landscape...in a brief respite in the wilderness, they take the opportunity to reflect on the new world order. Featuring the third chapter of the Marc "Backlash" Slayton backup story, by Christos Gage and Mike McKone!

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I got issue 21 more for the Lynch backup story than the Gen13 stuff. The story was ok, but they didn't really do much. They managed to make their way through a building by the end of the book, pretty slow going. My only concern is how long Burnout will stay blind. Could be temporary or they could be trying stuff with him. Don't see the point though. So far the weakest of the World's End books in my opinion. It's just (re)starting though so I'll cut it some slack. It could start picking up. I've at least got to get it for the backups.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn...my comic shop doesn't carry Gen 13 anymore.Only WS we got is Midnighter & Hawksmoor....oh and some crossovers.

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
Issue 24

The kids, tired and hungry, seek an escape from the horrors of a post-apocalyptic America in possibly the most American place of all: a mall! Will they find anything of substance in the looted halls? And what terror could possibly await them in a shopping center in the barren wastelands of a dead world?

Christos Gage and Pete Woods continue their Cybernary backup tale with part 3 in this issue.
#5 Posted by danhimself (22588 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it'll pick up the pace soon...most of the gen13 volumes suffered some slow points durring their runs so i don't see how this one will be any different

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

The lastest issue was better than the one before it. Seems like their going to bring back some of the characters from earlier in the series. The backup story is still great and I want to see that artist doing something regularly. 

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Witchblade involved in this event somhow?

#9 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"I got issue 21 more for the Lynch backup story than the Gen13 stuff. The story was ok, but they didn't really do much. They managed to make their way through a building by the end of the book, pretty slow going. My only concern is how long Burnout will stay blind. Could be temporary or they could be trying stuff with him. Don't see the point though. So far the weakest of the World's End books in my opinion. It's just (re)starting though so I'll cut it some slack. It could start picking up. I've at least got to get it for the backups."
I read this issue but it didn't really do it for me so i stopped reading Gen13 after this, but perhaps i should pick up the volume..
#10 Posted by danhimself (22588 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Isn't Witchblade involved in this event somhow?"

not at all....she's owned by a different company
#11 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh sorry. I keep confusing Wildstorm with Top Cow

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Buckshot said:
"I got issue 21 more for the Lynch backup story than the Gen13 stuff. The story was ok, but they didn't really do much. They managed to make their way through a building by the end of the book, pretty slow going. My only concern is how long Burnout will stay blind. Could be temporary or they could be trying stuff with him. Don't see the point though. So far the weakest of the World's End books in my opinion. It's just (re)starting though so I'll cut it some slack. It could start picking up. I've at least got to get it for the backups."
I read this issue but it didn't really do it for me so i stopped reading Gen13 after this, but perhaps i should pick up the volume.."
It's better, but I still think it's the weakest of the 4. 
In my opinion the best is Authority, followed very closely by Stormwatch PHD and Wildcats has the 3rd position.
#13 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the artwork on the covers ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.