Movie?

#1 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone see the Gen 13 animated movie? I didn't know there was one but there is. It was never released in the US (weird copyright issues) but I might try to track it down online if it's worth watching.

#2 Posted by Taken (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Buckshot,

I know the animated movie. Didn't know it wasn't released in the US. The Movie covers the content provided in the 5 issues Miniseries, introducing Kate as main-character and showing her way from college to gen 13 Project and closing with the escape of the team.

I think the movie is ok. I don't like the way it's drawn, it is too much cartoon style and looks more like a movie for children or maybe teenager. I also think Sarah's part is too small, she is only shown in one or two scenes.

If you find a way to purchase the movie, tell me what you think about it.

#3 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

gen 13?

#4 Posted by Taken (11 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

whoah.. i didn't see this...

yeah, there is a gen13 movie...

to be honest, it isn't that great...

you cam grab it on DVD quite cheaply in the UK, dunno about stateside though

M

#6 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched this last night on youtube. It wasnt bad really imo. Main thing I didnt like was thier voices.

#7 Posted by DanceGreenman (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was very very so so. Bad voices and its missing burnout and Sarah. I watched it for free on youtube,  if  i paid to watch it i would have said that it sucked.

#8 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I've watched it  (:
I have it uploaded on my computer.

I didn't think it was that bad, It had great action scenes and was rude in parts ... but so is the comic, so it's all goood.

Rainmaker didn't have much of a role in the movie, and we only see her in a few scenes.

#9 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@DanceGreenman said:
" I thought it was very very so so. Bad voices and its missing burnout and Sarah. I watched it for free on youtube,  if  i paid to watch it i would have said that it sucked. "
Sarah was in the movie. briefly.
She didn't use her powers though.
#10 Posted by aZuLPiNoY (116 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" I've watched it  (:I have it uploaded on my computer. "
Where did you download it?
#11 Posted by ViciousCesar! (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

i bought a VHS copy online back in like 2002. lol. ain't seen it since. 

#12 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot: I have seen segments on youtube though, the part where caitlin had her transformation

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.