Watch Ennis & Palmiotti's The Pro Animated!

Posted by No_name_here (1225 posts) - - Show Bio
 If this promo image doesn't clue you in to what the clip will be like, I don't know what will.

I remember Jimmy Palmiotti talking about this when he was on the Comics on Comics panel at the Long Beach Comic Con. See, he, Amanda Conner and Garth Ennis put out a one-shot called THE PRO at Image in ’02 that people are still talking about it. It was about a filthy, foul-mouthed hooker who suddenly gains super-powers and gets recruited by a thinly-veiled parody of the Justice League. To put it mildly, her membership with this team doesn’t work out well.

Anyway, I remember Jimmy saying at the panel that there was a cartoon based on the comic that was in development at one point. He couldn’t show it at the time, because of legal reasons, but he really, really wished he could because he was so pleased with how it turned out. Apparently, whatever barrier that was blocking him before has been lifted and he’s gotten to post the demo reel of the cartoon on his Youtube channel (and thanks to Bleeding Cool for the heads up.)

WARNING - - FOR MATURE VIEWERS ONLY. This clip is definitely R-Rated, it's definitely is for adults only and you definitely shouldn’t watch it at work… == TEASER ==  

Wow… they didn’t pull a single punch for this. I’d like to know who the voice actors were, because this cast totally got the kind of delivery they needed for the material. And Titmouse made this! Kick ass!  I’ve been to their studios a bunch of times for the monthly Comic Book Sunday! event. They’ve produced lots of other rad , adult-oriented cartoons like METALOCALYPSE and GI JOE RESOLUTE.

Man, this series probably would’ve been too intense, even for Adult Swim. Would you maniacs like to this series to get picked up? Or maybe even see another Ennis comic like THE BOYS get this kind of treatment?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. HYBRID BASTARDS! is available  here and UNIMAGINABLE is available here for pre-order on Amazon.com.  

#1 Posted by Tmul501 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

:Looks hilarious. Can't wait.

#2 Posted by Brickabrack (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I want to to be picked up. No normal TV station would air it though. Probably have to be HBO or Showtime or something.
#3 Posted by foxglove (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Watched this yesterday. I think Palmiotti made a Facebook post about it. 
Really fun, I definitely recommend The Pro to anyone who hasn't read it, comic satire done well.

#4 Posted by hellfiregod529 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Good god that is messed up... I hope it gets a series...

#5 Posted by longbowhunter (7127 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the Pro! I would watch without a doubt!

#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#7 Posted by MemnochZERO (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Any time Garth Ennis' work gets appreciated and shown to a wider audience is a great day for me. I really hope this finds release. And, whatever company has the rights to Preacher gets their act together and does that adaptation properly. Same can be said for The Boys. Or pretty much anything Ennis has had a hand in.    

#8 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

If the cable networks are too scared to put this on, then maybe they could sell it online. Do it in episode format & let people buy it on iTunes or whatever. Either way, The Pro looks hilarious.

#9 Posted by NightFang (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

this comic was one of my first and definitely one of the many reasons I love Garth Ennis, awesomeness to the MAX!

#11 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this last night, I was pleased, though I really want a Punisher Max show.

#12 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does that prostitute Power Girl have on a jisim belt buckle?

#13 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@logan48227 said:
" If the cable networks are too scared to put this on, then maybe they could sell it online. Do it in episode format & let people buy it on iTunes or whatever. Either way, The Pro looks hilarious. "
Straight to DVD?
I'd buy that :D
#14 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Erm.....
I just watched it. Great stuff but gotta say, I'm really not surprised to have seen "imbedding disabled by request" :P

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40679 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YEAH

#16 Posted by triton23 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

lol cool cant wait to see the whole thing

#17 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

so weird, I just happened to read that one shot a few days ago as I was sorting through some stuff and it just had that WTF factor that made me open it up. 

That preview is great, it really takes the book and carries it across to animation well. I'm still laughing thinking about the titty twister move.

#18 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahaha!! That was amazing!!

#19 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

too bad they cut the Flash and Green Lantern parodies...and The Viewer, that guy was hilariously perverted! but yeah...the video was great and captured the feel of the comic...needs to be made into a movie!

#20 Edited by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

"Move your head for God's Sake move your head"

#21 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

i finally find wonder woman hot 0o OH GOD NO!!!!! 
but seriously unless theres nudity i doubt im gonna watch this crap, hell even if theirs nudity i doubt im gonna watch this crap

#22 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved this and I read the book years ago, was hoping for a sequel so hopefully this can deliver!

#23 Posted by MisterMollusk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that was dirty. Kinda made me sad that her parents kicked her out.... :(

#24 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Was laughin so hard durin the batman knock off's speech(Wonder Boy) to actually 'ear what he was attemptin to say. Looks... interestin, to say the least. If anyone is even willin to pick it up I'd totally watch this insanity.  
#25 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally

#26 Edited by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good.

#27 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Embedding Disabled By Request. 

Awwww, poop...!  I missed it.
#28 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

That is the most amazing thing I've ever seen! I really don't see how it is that awful compared to some of the other crap on TV. South Park has a kid eat his parents. Family Guy has just awful jokes aimed at everyone. King of the Hill has red necks. At least this is funny.

#29 Posted by ILuvMsMarvel (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it!

#30 Edited by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

"Jesus, this f***ing outfits all the way up my ass!"  LOL
- this is pure awesomeness. :D

#31 Edited by Nerd Of A Hero (899 posts) - - Show Bio

This was really hilarious and would love to see more.  I like how this is a parody of the Justice League because I'd figured this would actually happened if one of the superheroes was pissed off rather than being Boy Scoutsand all. 

Funny, that hooker sorta looks like a ghetto version of Amanda Conner's Power Girl from the series XD lmao.

#32 Edited by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

great video!!
#33 Posted by dr.x (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow The Pro Garth Ennis at his bestand badest I'm looking forward to it . 

#34 Posted by Rosebunse (151 posts) - - Show Bio

The voice acting and animation was phenomenal! It's gonna be great!
#35 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL the most hilarious animated anything I've seen in awhile. Although I don't think even Adult Swim would put this on, although I would see them getting behind it to do straight to DVD or online sales. The Boys and Herogasm would be another hilarious bad ass cartoon they should make, I could actually see Dynamite getting behind these... I am surprised they didn't get behind The Pro.

#36 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. 
 This and Archer.
#37 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, it was alright...but the whole airplane bit was hilarious. 

Good to see that some edge and filth is coming to the world of animation.  = D

#38 Posted by lorex (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I read The Pro a while ago and enjoyed it but that was great. I would love to see a animated series based on these characters, or with the same take on superheroes.

#39 Posted by BKole (501 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! 

Genius. Love me some Ennis. They could animate Dicks as well.

#40 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!

#41 Posted by Blue_Shield (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicely done and true to the comic.
#42 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

DARN!!!!!!!!!!
#43 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED it!

#44 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Like everything Garth Ennis writes far more vulgar than it has to be where to the point it is just there for shock value to make up for crappy writing and poor story boarding

#45 Posted by BrklynBeatnik (17 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSS oh gawd YESSS pleaseeee let this get picked up

#46 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (103 posts) - - Show Bio

So... where'd the video go? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.