The "Craziest" Ennis Character?

#1 Edited by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

So through his years Ennis has created a multitude of messed up characters, mainly in Preacher and The Boys, so of all the characters you've encountered of his through your readings would you say disturbed you the most? 

Is it Odin Quincannon and his secret lover in the meat warehouse? *shudders*

Or maybe T.C. and his animal loving, maybe Herr Starr and his need of prostitutes, or Jesus De Sade whose issues are too numerous to list. Or Arseface or the Chunt Brothers? Maybe Allfather D'Aronique, that fat bastard. 

Then there's always The Lamplighter or Vic the Veep or The Pro? 

Let's just say Ennis has created a vast array of brilliant characters, I just want to know which ones stand out to you. I honestly can't pick just one but even I have to admit when Odin's lovemaking was revealed at the end of that one arc...wow...that one made me want to wash my brain.

#2 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thousand

#3 Posted by ARMIV (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read any of his work.

#4 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read ALOT of Ennis though i do enjoy his writing alot.

The craziest would probably be T.C. Just because of his goal.

#5 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lime

#6 Posted by EisforExtinction (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus DeSade

#7 Posted by Psyron (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Tek Knight

#8 Edited by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin Quin cannon. he does it  with a sex doll made of ****. i had to have a beer after that. 
ennis is a sick little criminal, but hes a goddamn genius. 
overall, his best characters are casidy and jesse, also from Preacher
#9 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" So through his years Ennis has created a multitude of messed up characters, mainly in Preacher and The Boys, so of all the characters you've encountered of his through your readings would you say disturbed you the most?  Is it Odin Quincannon and his secret lover in the meat warehouse? *shudders*  Or maybe T.C. and his animal loving, maybe Herr Starr and his need of prostitutes, or Jesus De Sade whose issues are too numerous to list. Or Arseface or the Chunt Brothers? Maybe Allfather D'Aronique, that fat bastard.  Then there's always The Lamplighter or Vic the Veep or The Pro?  Let's just say Ennis has created a vast array of brilliant characters, I just want to know which ones stand out to you. I honestly can't pick just one but even I have to admit when Odin's lovemaking was revealed at the end of that one arc...wow...that one made me want to wash my brain. "
The Messiah
#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: ha! the fact that The Grail were so clearly invested in him made me laugh at humanity, great stuff :D

but you can't forget the original Preacher inbred boy

#11 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: poor Billy Bob..Bobbs, slain by the local fish f&%ker
#12 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.