Follow

Gandalf

Character » Gandalf appears in 56 issues.

Gandalf is a Maia who were the underlings of the Valar, the Gods of Middle-Earth. He was sent with his fellow Istari Saruman and Radgast to help in Middle Earth from the Undying Lands. He aided Bilbo Baggins and the thirteen dwarfs on their quest to retake Erebor and years later help Frodo as a member of the Fellowship of the Ring.

How powerful is gandalf?

rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rein

I always hear that gandalf is a powerful wizard. but in the movie all he really did was shine his staff and some low level telekinesis. I know in his unbound form he was a god, but did he have any Impressive feats from the books that The movies left out? ( i Know this is comicvine, but people tend to be very knowledgeable) .

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MrMiracle77

The Wizards of Middle-Earth aren't really the fireball-flinging types that you see in D&D or other conventional fantasy settings.  Fighting the Balrog was certainly an impressive feat, but the wizard's real powers fall along the lines of the spiritual rather than the invocative.  They're meant to act as guides the the peoples of Middle Earth, but can act as individuals as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.