How powerful is gandalf?

#1 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

I always hear that gandalf is a powerful wizard. but in the movie all he really did was shine his staff and some low level telekinesis. I know in his unbound form he was a god, but did he have any Impressive feats from the books that The movies left out? ( i Know this is comicvine, but people tend to be very knowledgeable) .

#2 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wizards of Middle-Earth aren't really the fireball-flinging types that you see in D&D or other conventional fantasy settings.  Fighting the Balrog was certainly an impressive feat, but the wizard's real powers fall along the lines of the spiritual rather than the invocative.  They're meant to act as guides the the peoples of Middle Earth, but can act as individuals as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.