Official Gamora Respect Thread

#1 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

After searching all the usual hot spots and respect forums and coming up empty, I decided to hit the store today with a decent list of Gamora appearances in hand. Determined to find out whether or not the title, " The Most Dangerous Woman in the Universe" is just that, a title, or does this daughter of The Mad Titan have the on panel feats to back it up. Bare with me as this is just the initial stages. I'll add more scans and feats as I continue to comb through the issues, but I wanted to get this started while I had time. Please, feel free to add comments, issue numbers, and/or scans yourself. Time to give Gamora some shine ;)

Trained by Thanos:

Gamora learns a harsh lesson during her first defeat. Ordered to stay with the ship, she disobeys Thanos and explores a dangerous space port on her own.

Holds her own

Augmentation :

But is eventual overrun
and her body is all but destroyed

Thanos was forced to replace much of Gamora's original body as a teenager. Some mechanical, others dark science.

Strikes/Nerve Strikes:

From what I've seen Gamora is a highly accurate striker. The captions may not always indulge the reader with obvious references, but the locations of alot of her strikes can not be ignored.

Nerve strike to Thanos (but he's faking)
But he still manages to drop this little pearl
Ronan
Nerve strike: Rage
Nerve strike(s): Thing
Cyclops (with one arm held by Logan)

Reflexes/Dodging:

Rogue
She-Hulk

Admittedly there isnt much here but hopefully I come across some decent feats.

Dodges blast from the Thanos clone
Same clone (point blank range)
Thanos himself

Durability/Healing Factor:

Miscellaneous:

Just some basic this/that/and the other thing.

The UN invade Monster Island
8mins later
its all over (originally their intelligence had her around Spiderman level strength. Afterwards they believe they should up to Iron Man level)
vs Maxam
#2 Posted by pooty (11732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: You are quickly becoming one of my favorite people around here!!

#3 Posted by WWQ (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Great thread, Gambler! Love the scans.

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Great thread Gambler, a good scan to find if you can is how she is pretty much burned to a crisp during Annihilation Conquest by the Church of Universal Truth and she healed. She is definitely one of my favorite cosmic characters right behind Nova, Starlord, and Rocket. When they paired her with Nova during Annihilation I was like best pairing in comics in awhile.

#5 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Gamora and really miss DnA's Guardians. What a waste cancelling it and Nova.

#6 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

Great thread Gambler, a good scan to find if you can is how she is pretty much burned to a crisp during Annihilation Conquest by the Church of Universal Truth and she healed. She is definitely one of my favorite cosmic characters right behind Nova, Starlord, and Rocket. When they paired her with Nova during Annihilation I was like best pairing in comics in awhile.

Just added it. Good looking out.

#7 Posted by greenenvy (580 posts) - - Show Bio

She she needs her own series pronto marvel

#8 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder who should play her in the upcoming movie...

#9 Posted by micahparadise (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish a real good writer would write her! She is an amazing character!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.