X-Men Producer Wants a Gambit Movie Starring Channing Tatum

• 94 results
#51 Posted by movieartman (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

#52 Posted by movieartman (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14 said:

His acting doesn't really impress me. I 'd rather see Timothy Olyphant from justified play gambit than Channing Tatum.

#53 Posted by mattwing87 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as bad as Johnny Depp as Doctor Strange. I could probably deal with it. I really like Taylor Kitsch as Gambit from X-Men Origins. That was the only good thing about that movie!

#54 Posted by Darkseid_Prime (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks: DUDE.. my thoughts exactly. Channing Tatum can't even read let alone take on a superhero in this day and age. This isn't the old days where they think they can just throw Ben Afflleck in a costume and call it a day. ...Oh wait. Well shit.. what's next Tom Cruise as [enter name of favorite character]?

**No Iron Man references -- We know. Thank God RDJ got sober**

#55 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of Tatum at all, his roles have been really mediocre in my opinion and as much as I love Gambit this wouldn't interest me in the slightest.

#56 Posted by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I imagine ANYONE could do better than that idiot in X-Men Origins Wolverine movie.

Gambit: Do I owe you money?

Wolverine : No...

Gambit: Then Remy Lebeau I am.

SO TERRIBLE!!!

#57 Posted by judasnixon (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

What's that Channing Tatum wants to play Gambit?

#58 Edited by goobot (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezmero said:

Well I imagine ANYONE could do better than that idiot in X-Men Origins Wolverine movie.

SO TERRIBLE!!!

Why exactly are you acting like the actors make up their own lines?

#59 Posted by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@goobot said:

@mezmero said:

SO TERRIBLE!!!

Why exactly are you acting like the actors make up their own lines?

It was the way he delivered it. Those lines in particular were about as "cajun" as he sounded in the movie and it was awful.

#60 Posted by nappystr8 (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

Channing Tatum is a bit larger than I usually think of Gambit being, but otherwise I think he really fits the mold. Wouldn't have thought of him but it could work. Honestly I really enjoyed Taylor Kitsch as Gambit in Origins, despite that movie's flaws I think they got Gambit down perfectly.

#61 Posted by Xwraith (15618 posts) - - Show Bio

Tatum has said that Remy is his favorite superhero.

#62 Posted by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Taylor Kitsch, never had a chance where he was put.

#63 Posted by DaltonMunnal (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I want a Gambit movie? Yes. Do I like Tatum in the role? I don't know. Don't think I've seen him act. But the most important question for me is... will it make any sense in the universe? First Class is my favorite X-Men movie, if and I only if I ignore it's mistakes with the other movies. If I acknowledge those mistakes, it's unbearable. I love Gambit, I thought Kitsch did well, though I don't really care if it's recast (I don't consider recasts to be continuity errors or problems), and I think Gambit can carry his own movie... but it needs to make sense with the rest of the movies, and I can't judge what makes sense until we see Days of Future Past. Even with First Class, I love it to pieces, but if I could trade in a 9/10 movie that doesn't make sense with the rest of the movies for a 7/10 movie that does make sense with the rest, I absolutely would, because I want to appreciate the franchise as a whole, rather than just certain movies from it.

#64 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as he's not in the 70's again

#65 Edited by Verotikryptonite (294 posts) - - Show Bio

@noblewindwalker said:

FINALLY! I've been talking about this for years. If Tatum can pull off the Cajun accent and mannerisms then I'll definitely give it a watch.

But he can't.

Everything he does has a hint of 90's wannabe ghetto trash

#66 Edited by HexThis (884 posts) - - Show Bio

"How could anyone resist Channing? He's such a sweetheart"

I have nothing but utter contempt for nepotism. "He's a nice guy and has been in blockbusters...I think he'd be perfect for this role"....that's how fricken Affleck got cast. And actually, did you know they weren't even sure what role Scarlett Johanssen was going to play after they hired her for Iron Man 2? Bypass the casting director, just go for whoever you think is hot and nice....cause that always works out.

#67 Edited by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

only if we get a money shot

I honestly thought about Tatum as Batman after Aflack was announced...I think he'd be a more suave Bruce Wayne, but it doesn't get much more suave then Gambit so...I'm intrigued.

Maybe do something with the thieves and assassins guilds or maybe Selene and the X-Ternals...could be interesting outside of the X-Franchise in it's own right. Or maybe I'm hallucinating. What's in this tea? Schnozzberries!

#68 Posted by Jimmie_Hudson_ (284 posts) - - Show Bio

haters can hate. i can see it.

#69 Posted by Bad_People (152 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't even do his own accent! There's now way he can do a even a salvageable Cajun accent. My favorite MeXn gets no respect.

#70 Edited by greenlucario (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Never, never, never, NEVER! To Tatum that is not a Gambit movie. A Gambit movie would be very welcomed. However only if Matt Bromer plays him. As Neal Caffrey on White Collar he's stellar and a perfect fit for the Ragin' Cajun. Suave, smart talking, cunning thief that often pulls himself out of tight spots--exactly like Remy. Nuff said.

#71 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

What's wrong with Taylor Kitsch? He's been in some bad movies, but he's a pretty good actor. Case in point: X-Men Origins...none of that was his fault or his portrayal of Gambit. Its all bad writing (to say the least)

#72 Posted by Ando123 (216 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they do a great movie. not somethign dissapointing

#73 Edited by Perfect 10 (982 posts) - - Show Bio

i like tatum but dont think he is right for the role, if he could get in shape the actor who plays neil on once upon a time can do a mean cajun accent

#74 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6154 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#75 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I was like HELL NO. Then I watched that video of him and Jamie Foxx and now I'm like "...could work'..

#76 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I can resist Channing Tatum

#77 Edited by judasnixon (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

Great FOX the A-holes who brought us K-Ville, and X-Men Origins Wolverine wants to give us a Gambit movie....... Please just leave New Orleans alone.

#78 Posted by tupiaz (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the only one that things it is going a little overboard with comic movies and the should be focusing on one movie at the time instead of a bilzzilon movie projects at the same time?

@cheesesticks: DUDE.. my thoughts exactly. Channing Tatum can't even read let alone take on a superhero in this day and age. This isn't the old days where they think they can just throw Ben Afflleck in a costume and call it a day. ...Oh wait. Well shit.. what's next Tom Cruise as [enter name of favorite character]?

**No Iron Man references -- We know. Thank God RDJ got sober**

Well Ben Affleck did a good Daredevil it was just cut into a whole different movie.

#79 Posted by Danial79 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could do it, but it all comes down to how good a cajun accent he can do :)

#80 Posted by judasnixon (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

He can do a pretty good Cajun accent.

I have no hard feelings against Channing Tatum..... But he is no Punk Rock Cajun! Where's your Fleur De Lis tattoo? Where's your 504 and N.O.L.A. tattoos? Where were you when the levees broke...... If Channing Tatum wants to play Gambit he better bring the $#!%.... If he says how much he love New Orleans..... Please Prove me wrong......

#81 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Tatum Fan.... but i am aware of his limitations. He has never shown us that he can do a dialect as complicated as Cajun. If he can pull that off, i think people would be pleasantly surprised by the film.
But only if you go in without a bias about him.

no one thought Scarlet was a good choice for BW, and then she went and spoke russian and we all got over it. Same diff.

#83 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

You know how I know he's a fan of Gambit? The cigarette comment. You'll never see Gambit smoking in any recent publications. He never touched one cigarette in his last solo series. You know when Gambit smoked? Back in the 90's Jim Lee era and a short time after. Tatum obviously knows his "old school" Gambit history cause the cigarette smoking has been absent for quiet some time now.

#84 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad.... I think it can be done. The movie must have a good strong/compelling story.

#85 Posted by mrvizcarrondo (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox character design is straight garbage. Gambit movie Im cool with but Tatum doesnt have the look.

#86 Posted by ZephyrX26 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

could be worse: we cold be stuck with Taylor Kitsch again....

#87 Edited by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio

Hrrrrrm

#89 Posted by Jbreen (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure what i think about this. I am a big Gambit fan so I would love to see a a solo movie for him. I think Taylor Kitsch did a good job with what he was given so i wouldn't be against him having another shot at the role with better material.

As for Tatum taking on the role. I don't actually mind him as an actor and i have enjoyed some of his movies. From the clip that was posted earlier it seems Tatum might be able to pull off a cajun accent and really wants the role. As for his looks, I think he could pull it off, he is a bit bigger than i thought Gambit would be but I'd be willing to give Tatum a shot.

#90 Edited by Xaos (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Never gonna happen.

Gambit isn't known enough by the great public. That's not bankable enough.

At best, it will be a direct-to-dvd movie.

#91 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I haven't seen any movies with Channing Tatum in them, I can't really say how I think he will portray Gambit (even though I liked Taylor Kitsch's portrayal of Gambit). My biggest concern with a Gambit solo film is if they can get Gambit's character right and what kind of story they will tell with him. Sure, Gambit's popular in the comics, but is he as popular as Wolverine when it comes to the movie audience? I'm not sure if this solo movie would do well or not, it all depends on what story they are telling and how much promotion they give this movie.

#92 Posted by Lykida (182 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

What's wrong with Taylor Kitsch? He's been in some bad movies, but he's a pretty good actor. Case in point: X-Men Origins...none of that was his fault or his portrayal of Gambit. Its all bad writing (to say the least)

Yeah I think so too. He was a bit too young in Origins, but when I saw him in John Carter I thought he could do a good Gambit now!

#93 Posted by wanderingmage (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I am skeptical of Tater Channing. I would love to see Josh Holloway in the role of Gambit though. When I watched Lost all I thought of was how good he would be as Gambit.

#94 Posted by BlackLegRaph (665 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't make any judgements yet, but Tatum's acting has not impressed in any of the movies I've seen. A more vibrant actor is needed for Gambit.

#96 Posted by DjBest02 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe Tatum is right for the role...

#97 Edited by God_Spawn (37377 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. I like Channing Tatum, but this was just never a role that I would have ever thought of for him doing.

#98 Edited by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by Erik (31695 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: This news literally makes me want to hurt someone.

Tatum has the depth and acting range of a spoon.

#100 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been impressed with Channing Tatum as an actor, but I'd be willing to give this a shot. The fact that he's a fan of Gambit and wants to actually use a cajun accent makes me optimistic. Whether it's Tatum, Kitsch or some other (maybe unknown) actor, I'm not that concerned with. I just really want a Gambit movie. Preferably a good Gambit movie of course but not everyone agrees on what makes a good movie anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.