Why is Gambit not a member of the Avengers?

Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Gambit not a member of the Avengers? Gambit should join the team and become a permanent member. I think it would be really cool to see Gambit work with Captain America and the Red Hulk.

#1 Posted by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
Remy would be an interesting addition to The Avengers
#2 Edited by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

No...I love gambit but come on!

#3 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

lol for real? He would be an absolutely terrible Avenger.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio
I probably should not have said anything to save your thread...
#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Gambit an Avenger before Storm? Hell most X-Men don't trust him what makes you think Cap would? I love Gambit 3rd favorite X-Man but unless they ruin his character and make him some disturbed Robin Hood I don't see it ever happening.
#6 Posted by FearTheLiving (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I don't see Gambit as an Avenger only reason he stuck around in the X-men was because he liked the company don't think he really had any interest in their cause.

#7 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio
@FearTheLiving said:

Yeah I don't see Gambit as an Avenger only reason he stuck around in the X-men was because he liked the company don't think he really had any interest in their cause.

#8 Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991: If the red hulk can become an avenger anything can happen. The red hulk attacked the white house and it didn't stop him from becoming a member.
#9 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit fits best in an almost outlaw type setting. The X-Men are pitted against the establishment enough so that his membership makes sense. Avengers are to white collar for Gambit to have any sort of lasting affiliation. He should probably be a member of X-Force if anything.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
Gambit fits best in an almost outlaw type setting. The X-Men are pitted against the establishment enough so that his membership makes sense. Avengers are to white collar for Gambit to have any sort of lasting affiliation. He should probably be a member of X-Force if anything.
QFT!!!!
#11 Posted by The Stegman (25541 posts) - - Show Bio

the question is, why WOULD he be on the Avengers?

#12 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a few X-Men that could be great Avengers, the only problem is there names are Storm and Iceman....not Gambit.  :-P

#13 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see him joining.

#14 Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Because Gambit is the coolest Marvel character they have.
#15 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

I could best picture gambit with the x-men, some other "Outlaw" group, or by himself. He just doesn't seem like the Avenger type. They don't seem "Edgy" enough, if that makes sense.

@Gambler said:

#16 Posted by The Stegman (25541 posts) - - Show Bio
@quiksilver70777: yeah, they're gonna let Gambit, a known thief and criminal into their ranks just cause he's cool....
#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13644 posts) - - Show Bio

multiple reasons 

Red Hulks term is just an example of Bendis kooky ideas and fluctuating writing talent 

Gambit has never been invited to join the avengers and wouldnt want to even if they did, he's still trying to settle down into the x-men

#18 Edited by God_Spawn (38244 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit  has always had that air of mystery and sometimes seems even some of the X-men don't trust him completely, I'm sure the only reason he hangs around the X-men now is because of the people he likes and the people he calls friends.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Wolverine is a known killer, they still let him in.
#20 Posted by The Stegman (25541 posts) - - Show Bio
@quiksilver70777: .....you got me there lol
#21 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit is too cool to be an avenger

#22 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13644 posts) - - Show Bio
@quiksilver70777 said:

Wolverine is also Marvel's most popular character save spider-man.  
#23 Posted by daredevil21134 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather have him then Wolverine

#24 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Gambit's too good for them... And Cap doesn't trust him. 

#25 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he would fit well.

#26 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see him as an Avenger... but then again I don't see him as a Champion either :p

Gambit: From The Marvel Vault #8

#27 Posted by War Killer (20376 posts) - - Show Bio
@quiksilver70777 said:
@Blood1991: If the red hulk can become an avenger anything can happen. The red hulk attacked the white house and it didn't stop him from becoming a member.
The ONLY reason Red Hulk is on the Avengers is because Bendis wanted a new Sentry, nothing more. Like you said, he attacked the freakin' White House. Even if Red Hulk was trying to "redeem" himself, he should first start off on a team like the Thuderbolts and earn his chance to be an Avenger, like oh I don't know...maybe SONGBIRD -__-
#28 Posted by daredevil21134 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
@quiksilver70777 said:
The ONLY reason Red Hulk is on the Avengers is because Bendis wanted a new Sentry, nothing more. Like you said, he attacked the freakin' White House. Even if Red Hulk was trying to "redeem" himself, he should first start off on a team like the Thuderbolts and earn his chance to be an Avenger, like oh I don't know...maybe SONGBIRD -__-
agreed
#29 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Other then if he was getting paid loads why would he want to be an Avenger?
I could see him in the Secret Avengers as it would be good to have a stealthy master theif to get intel on whoever. 
They let Red Hulk in so i guess it's an open door policy......

#30 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@quiksilver70777 said:
THANK YOU! I'm not saying I want Gambit to be an Avenger..frankly I miss the Avengers pre Spider-Man and Wolverine, but if Wolverine and Red Hulk can be Avenger, it would seem that anybody can be one. I would like to see Gambit used more in the X-Men titles aside from the X-23 books (although those are awesome!) 

@Gambler
said:
By that logic, Wolverine shouldn't be an Avenger..ESPECIALLY since he's the leader of X-force of which you're suggesting Gambit would make a better member of. And for the life of me, i still don't understand how Red Hulk is an Avenger.
#31 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hus said:

By that logic, Wolverine shouldn't be an Avenger.

And? I dont think he should be on the Avengers either. A feeling shared by Steve Rogers when Tony recruited Logan in the first place ;)

#32 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hus said:
 i still don't understand how Red Hulk is an Avenger.
Oh my god this. So much this. 
#33 Posted by cdeoleo (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the idea of him being a good fit for the Secret Avengers but still think Gambit would turn down membership offer.

#34 Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox_kitty: Hurtful :-p lol, Gambit is just misunderstood. I think Gambit has what it takes to be an Avenger.  
#35 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13644 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox_kitty said:

I don't see him as an Avenger... but then again I don't see him as a Champion either :p

Gambit: From The Marvel Vault #8

................where the heck did THIS coime from

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.