Who is the best Gambit?

#1 Edited by FearTheLiving (3091 posts) - - Show Bio

Who was your favorite Gambit? When I say that I'm strictly speaking about in animation (voice acting) or live action.

Personally I don't think I've seen anyone really nail his accent but that's just me. If I were to pick one however it would be the 90s X-Men Gambit.

I'd love for Michael Raymond-James to portray Gambit in an animated x-men show because after hearing  Phil LaMarr voice Gambit on Wolverine and the X-Men I almost died a little by how bad it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROX95_I2hM

#2 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@FearTheLiving
TAS of the 90's is what made him prominent, but I liked the X-Men evolution version as well.
#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (11793 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:
@FearTheLiving:  TAS of the 90's is what made him prominent, but I liked the X-Men evolution version as well.
Agreed on both Mon Ami
#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10787 posts) - - Show Bio

The Capcom games voice was amazing.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Evolution's was alright. The 90's one is the standard one, though. 

#6 Posted by FearTheLiving (3091 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Gonna have to check that one out not really into fighting games though so I never picked it up.
#7 Posted by MiraTheGoddess (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really liked the Wolverine and the X-Men Gambit. He was charming, sly, and mysterious, and I fell in completely head over heels for him when in the episode "Aces and Eights" when he charged the water in the fountain. I honestly had no idea he could do that.

#8 Posted by FearTheLiving (3091 posts) - - Show Bio
@MiraTheGoddess said:
I actually really liked the Wolverine and the X-Men Gambit. He was charming, sly, and mysterious, and I fell in completely head over heels for him when in the episode "Aces and Eights" when he charged the water in the fountain. I honestly had no idea he could do that.
Don't get me wrong I liked him in the show, just felt is voice didn't match the voice in my head. (I guess that's my problem though =/)
#9 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:
@FearTheLiving:  TAS of the 90's is what made him prominent, but I liked the X-Men evolution version as well.
#10 Posted by MiraTheGoddess (37 posts) - - Show Bio
@FearTheLiving: Really? I thought his X-Men Evolution voice was horrid. His 90's voice and the WATXM voice were my favs.
#11 Edited by FearTheLiving (3091 posts) - - Show Bio
@MiraTheGoddess: Well I don't really recall his Evolution voice so really can't say anything about that, but the WATXM voice just sounded too (maybe a bit racist) black, like I heard his VA's voice rather then Gambits. Also his accent needed work which to me is a must for voicing Gambit. As of yet however 90s Gambit is still my favorite.
#12 Posted by Lord_Angelus (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The 1990s Gambit is one of the better ones

#13 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the 90's Gambit is what I'm most used to hearing and when I first heard Gambits voice from Wolverine and the Xmen I didn't like it cuz it was so much different from what I was used to. But after I got used to hearing it, I actually really like that version of Gambits voice. It's cajun and like a previous poster said its dark and mysterious.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13134 posts) - - Show Bio
@FearTheLiving said:
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Gonna have to check that one out not really into fighting games though so I never picked it up.  

its the same person who voiced him in the 90's cartoon 

@MiraTheGoddess said:
@FearTheLiving: Really? I thought his X-Men Evolution voice was horrid. His 90's voice and the WATXM voice were my favs.

same here.
#15 Posted by Logan X (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@FearTheLiving: I agree
#16 Posted by Atarius (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to necro a thread needlessly but I just got finished rewatching the 92 x-men animated series; noticed that Chris Potter wasn't doing Gambit in the episode "Jubilee's Fairytale Theater". It basically ruined the episode imo. His was and is so far my favorite gambit interpretation.

#17 Edited by RazielWraith (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Voice actor Chris Potter set the stander on how Gambits's voice and accent should sound. Unfortunately no one but him has been able to capture his voice correctly.

#18 Posted by Captain Danvers (149 posts) - - Show Bio

The original Gambit was amazing.

#19 Posted by NinjaProtocol (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him in the 90's and Wolverine and the X-men, I like those prtrayals, but my favorite is probably the one from X-men Legends, and its sequel.

#20 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

90's Remy. Anything else is a joke.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.