Which are you favorite Gambit stories?

#1 Edited by spikevalentine (133 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorites are the first Gambit miniseries written by Howard Mackie, Lee Weeks and Klaus Janson, because this one really brings you down to Gambit's complicated life riddled with difficult choices and obligations, and Wolverine/Gambit; Victims by the super team-up of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale, I think this story defines perfectly the psychology of the character and why he is the way he is.

#2 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite?
Hard to say really. Not much to choose from.
I wish I had that 1st Gambit mini and the Fabian Nicieza ongoing.  
I have a couple issues of the last ongoing series. Nothing too spectacular there.
I do have Wolverine/Gambit. That was pretty good.
 I did like Mike Carey's Gambit: Origins one shot too.

#3 Edited by spikevalentine (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@stumpy49er: X-Men Origins; Gambit was pretty good, but sadly nothing new happens there. I did like the second monthly series, but it was kind of a "lite" fun set of adventures, it didn't really develop the character. The first mini you can find reprinted in trades like X-Men; Gambit Classics, the first monthly is a bitch to get, I'm still buying the issues I couldn't find, I live in Mexico City, some of the issues were sold out before I could get them, and there's the elusive Wizard exclusive #1/2 :S
#4 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio
@spikevalentine said:
@stumpy49er: X-Men Origins; Gambit was pretty good, but sadly nothing new happens there.

True!
@spikevalentine said:
@stumpy49er:  The first mini you can find reprinted in trades like X-Men; Gambit Classics, the first monthly is a bitch to get, I'm still buying the issues I couldn't find, I live in Mexico CIty, some of the issues were sold out before I could get them, and there's the elusive Wizard exclusive #1/2 :S
Cool! I'll have to look for that.
#5 Posted by Hizang (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit makes Christmas dinner!

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

The ones where he's written correctly.

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:
The ones where he's written correctly.
#8 Posted by spikevalentine (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hizang: From the X-Men cartoons?
#9 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hizang said:

"Gambit does not make TV Dinners!"
#10 Posted by Hizang (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hus said:

@Hizang said:

"Gambit does not make TV Dinners!"

We could warm it up later..

#11 Edited by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio
@spikevalentine said:
@stumpy49er: The first mini you can find reprinted in trades like X-Men; Gambit Classics,
Finally just read it.
Gotta say I loved this tpb. Definitely one of the best Gambit stories I've read.
#13 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men #45 Hands down the best Gambit & Rogue story I have ever read.

#14 Posted by Blaisey (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit's first mini-series is the best...and I liked him in early X-Men, written by Chris Claremont followed by Fabian Nicieza.

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Storm and Gambit one shot. These days he doesn't have any stories at all, so I am really hoping his series goes well.

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the story from the on-going where all the assassins were out to get him?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.