Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Report: Gambit Movie Moving Forward

• 60 results
    Avatar image for street_level_hero
    Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ms-lola said:

@street_level_hero said:
    No Caption Provided

Maybe?

That had to have been made after the announcement. It's too freaked out, otherwise.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it was made post-announcement. But if he slims down he can at least look the part I think. Whether he can actually pull of the acting seems to be debatable by many. Personally I think he can capture Remy's persona, accent, and mannerisms but I am probably in the minority.

I do not think he is the best choice though necessarily but they seem to be casting the most well known actors for superhero roles nowadays rather than the best candidate and with that in mind he is not a bad choice out of the pool of "popular" actors".

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@street_level_hero: Actually, he's already slimmed down and then buffed up again. He's presently filming the sequel to a movie he made with a few other notable male actors as a troupe of male strippers. He looks as gorgeous as ever and I have no doubt he can pull off the Cajun accent. He has the smirk and charm to carry off Remy, for sure.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

@ostyo said:

@jonny_anonymous: Would you have preferred the other guy from Origins?

The guy from Origins wasn't that bad (compared to the rest of that movie). He looked decent in the role, it was just the script, the special effects etc. that made it crappy.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Ostyo

@minisaladfresh: I never said he was. I was asking if he would prefer Taylor Kitsch.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@flazam said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Can Gambit really carry his own film?

Better question. Can Tatum carry his own film. I've liked dude in one movie 21 jumpstreet. He probably did a good job in whitehouse down too. But he's acting a long side Jonah Hill and Jamie Foxx. I have no confidence in his acting ability to play a character like Gambit, especially not in a stand alone film. I cant help but picture him royally screwing up the accent if they try the cajun thing.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So Tatum is Gambit whats next Jonah Hill is Iceman, Seth Rogen as Beast, Ice Cube as Bishop, Anna Faris as Rogue, Queen Latifah as Storm

Hey even though he looks nothin like him I aint knockin Cube as bishop. Just remember when he was XXX.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we really need a Gambit solo movie? Ehhhh....

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola:

@ms-lola said:

@street_level_hero: Actually, he's already slimmed down and then buffed up again. He's presently filming the sequel to a movie he made with a few other notable male actors as a troupe of male strippers. He looks as gorgeous as ever and I have no doubt he can pull off the Cajun accent. He has the smirk and charm to carry off Remy, for sure.

No Caption Provided

yeah he fluctuates a lot....

<---maybe photoshop but still.

But he needs to be a lot slimmer and in better shape muscularity-wise than he was in magic mike and workout a LOT more. He needs to look more like this to play Gambit.:

No Caption Provided

Dunno about gorgeous or not because I am into women but I think he can act well enough to pull off the role though.

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@street_level_hero said:
    No Caption Provided

Maybe?

That had to have been made after the announcement. It's too freaked out, otherwise.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it was made post-announcement. But if he slims down he can at least look the part I think. Whether he can actually pull of the acting seems to be debatable by many. Personally I think he can capture Remy's persona, accent, and mannerisms but I am probably in the minority.

I do not think he is the best choice though necessarily but they seem to be casting the most well known actors for superhero roles nowadays rather than the best candidate and with that in mind he is not a bad choice out of the pool of "popular" actors".

Guys this was done with photoshop.

I would love to see a Gambit movie; I have always been a fan of the character. However I agree it may be a bit tough to get a good story line with him. They will likely have to bring in a bunch of other characters for Gambit to play off of; I wonder who they will get, Hugh Jackman maybe? I also hate Tatum as Gambit. He does have the look, but that is about it. He can't act, he has a single tone when it comes to acting and that tone is not suited for any comic book movie let alone a Gambit movie. I can't imagine he will be able to pull of the Cajun accent either.

I wonder if any execs making these comic book movies catch wind of what is said here or on other forums?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm down for a Gambit solo film but I am not a fan of Channing Tatum ...

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoking_gun said:

@street_level_hero said:

@ms-lola said:

@street_level_hero said:
    No Caption Provided

Maybe?

I would love to see a Gambit movie; I have always been a fan of the character. However I agree it may be a bit tough to get a good story line with him. They will likely have to bring in a bunch of other characters for Gambit to play off of; I wonder who they will get, Hugh Jackman maybe? I also hate Tatum as Gambit. He does have the look, but that is about it. He can't act, he has a single tone when it comes to acting and that tone is not suited for any comic book movie let alone a Gambit movie. I can't imagine he will be able to pull of the Cajun accent either.

I wonder if any execs making these comic book movies catch wind of what is said here or on other forums?

It's really good, haha. To be fair, I'm not too knowledgeable of Tatum's acting chops. I can say, physically, he is a good match. If they are aiming at the hetero female demographic, he's a good choice although I am not speaking for all of them.

I agree about him needing a supporting cast, but it's all speculation. As for a storyline, there is a lot to choose from. Knowing it's going to be based on Claremont's representation of the character is a relief. I hope it'll have Bella Donna and the Guild, focusing on New Orleans. That would be awesome.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Interesting. Wonder how this will play out.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that three of Channing Tatums upcoming movies are directed by Quentin Tarantino, the Coen brothers and the Wachowski siblings speaks volumes to me of his acting ability. Those are some of my favorite directors of the past 2 decades (especially Tarantino) and if they have trust in his acting ability, then so do I.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. I found nothing special about the new RoboCop. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't overly good either.

This is what concerns me the most. I didn't hate the new Robocop, but it lost all the fun of the original Robocop. I guess I can't blame a bad movie on the writer though. It really depends on who they get as director.

Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoking_gun said:

@street_level_hero said:

@ms-lola said:

@street_level_hero said:
    No Caption Provided

Maybe?

Of course it was done with photo editing software. I assumed everyone realized that.It's pretty obvious that it his fave imposed onto a bust/figurine of Gambit. I was just using the pic i found via google to highlight that he could actually look the part if he slimmed down enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.