Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Omega level?

Zeraphyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 38

#1  Edited By Zeraphyne

Wasn´t Gambit supposed to be an Omega-level mutant? I thought I read it soemwhere once, but can´t find no proof anywhere. Anyone got some intel?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Usually a mutant needs to have a power that can effect matter on a sub-atomic scale.  Aside from making things glow & blow up, he doesn't seem to show any signs of being an Omega.  It's possible that it was hinted at during an alternate reality story.  Personally, I don't understand the obsession with making characters into Omega Levels.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By HellionVulcan

Gambit is only an Omega level being as newsun gambit .

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AMS

He was meant to be until he got Sinister to depower him to managable scales.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Valtot

yep

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By jrock85

New Son couldn't have been anything less than an Omega-level mutant. He killed Phoenix and destroyed the entire planet in his reality.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp

Gambit is potentially an Omega-Level mutant. However, because he was gaining so much power, he couldn't control is, so what happened is he went to sinister who, basically lobotomised him turning his power down into manageable levels. If sinister hadn't performed this operation on Gambit, he would be an Omega-Level Mutant.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator

Omega isn't a term applied like male or female. At one stage he may have been, and he might again one day, pretty much like all mutants (barring the individual likelihoods, like Gambits is better than most, given what others have covered). Usually most have it as a permanent status of course, Iceman, Legion, etc, so I understand that angle, but in regard to who is suppose to be and all that, in story, he could have, out of story context, no I do not think he was, would ruin the character. 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp
    @SC said:
    "Omega isn't a term applied like male or female. At one stage he may have been, and he might again one day, pretty much like all mutants (barring the individual likelihoods, like Gambits is better than most, given what others have covered). Usually most have it as a permanent status of course, Iceman, Legion, etc, so I understand that angle, but in regard to who is suppose to be and all that, in story, he could have, out of story context, no I do not think he was, would ruin the character.  "

No, its not. But it should be. It would stop random characters from showing off random amounts of power and thus being ruined.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @ReVamp: I was thinking more like on your passport lol or drivers license.  

Barmaid: Ma'am you need to be over 21 to drink at this bar.  

Iceman: Ma'am? WTF lady, I'll ice you with my icicle fist of uh ice... nah just jokes, he's my ID. *takes off wig* See, all man... mostly....  

Barmaid: Sorry 'sir', we don't accept Omega Mutant Cards. We don't recognize its authority sorry... plus it says your 19? And female?  

Iceman: Awh dammit, my jig is up. Time to make like a snowball and... roll. To DC. Hi DC people, my name is Tora... 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp
    @SC said:
    " @ReVamp: I was thinking more like on your passport lol or drivers license.  

Barmaid: Ma'am you need to be over 21 to drink at this bar.  

Iceman: Ma'am? WTF lady, I'll ice you with my icicle fist of uh ice... nah just jokes, he's my ID. *takes off wig* See, all man... mostly....  

Barmaid: Sorry 'sir', we don't accept Omega Mutant Cards. We don't recognize its authority sorry... plus it says your 19? And female?  

Iceman: Awh dammit, my jig is up. Time to make like a snowball and... roll. To DC. Hi DC people, my name is Tora...  "

LOL. I only mildly understand what this as to do with my post, but its epic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.