New Relationship?

#151 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@maikkywin said:

x23

No. That would ruin their bond and would not work out either way

#152 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 is more like a sister to him. Going for something outside of the X-men for a chance.

#153 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

*Bump*

#154 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue is the only one for him.

#155 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking of maybe Miss Marvel

#156 Edited by RazielWraith (583 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s been over between Gambit and Rogue for since what… 2006? It’s going to be over for some time now, hopefully for the next decade or more and die-hard G/R fans need to realize that the damage that has done… Gambit should never be ok with. Although I doubt they will ever realize that. And this list… some people have come up with a believable match for Gambit… others are not even trying.

#157 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@RazielWraith said:

It’s been over between Gambit and Rogue for since what… 2006? It’s going to be over for some time now, hopefully for the next decade or more and die-hard G/R fans need to realize that the damage that has done… Gambit should never be ok with. Although I doubt they will ever realize that. And this list… some people have come up with a believable match for Gambit… others are not even trying.

I am a die-hard Rogue and Gambit fan, lol --- and I completely agree with you.

+1

#158 Edited by RazielWraith (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Very few die-hard G/R fans will be able to realize it

#159 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@lykopis said:

@RazielWraith said:

+1

Add another +1 from me.

#160 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll add +1 also because i use to be a die-hard Rogue and Gambit fan also.

#161 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on Rogue/Gambit, too. I kept hoping for them to rekindle their romance for the longest time, but it just doesn't feel right anymore after the choices Rogue has made & the way she's been ignoring him. The past few story arcs have a good job sinking that ship for good. I really can't imagine how their relationship could be restored after all that's happened lately. I'm still kind of hoping to see them together again later, but not for a while. Right now, I just want Gambit to become his own character again. I don't really care if he starts a new relationship, as long as he's being restored back to his former glory. But if he does start romancing someone, I'm rooting for C. Reyes.

#162 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@lykopis said:

@RazielWraith said:

+1

Add another +1 from me.

Damn straight.

#163 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

At lease C. Reyes know how to treat him. Never know it could work out.

#164 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than a complete reboot of the Marvel U, there is no way to salvage Romy.

#165 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll be too late for that.

#166 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@natejoseph09 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@lykopis said:

@RazielWraith said:

+1

Add another +1 from me.

Damn straight.

Agreed. It makes me sad, but I agree nonetheless.

#167 Posted by SarahB (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Purgy

Please CeCe Reyes is just absurd.  The only reason she's even a choice is Liu is pulling a Carey and throwing Gambit om with her pet. 

A will +1 with everyone else about Rogue though sadly, I'm an old G&R fan too and perfectly agree she's been a complete bitch to him and they don't need to  be together until Rogue gets her head on straight and that's going to take a lot of work. 
#168 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love an alternate universe relationship of Gambit/Emma, just for the hell of it.

#169 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I'd love an alternate universe relationship of Gambit/Emma, just for the hell of it.

no

#170 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

no

No love for Alternate Universes?

#171 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

no

Not really. I also hate parallel universes. But Gambit forever belongs with Rogue. *Nods*

#172 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

no

Not really. I also hate parallel universes. But Gambit forever belongs with Rogue. *Nods*

Eh. I agree that 616 Gambit/Rogue just need to fcking Marry and be together till the end of eternity, but I love Alternate Universes.

#173 Edited by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@SarahB said:

@Purgy: Please CeCe Reyes is just absurd. The only reason she's even a choice is Liu is pulling a Carey and throwing Gambit om with her pet.

I do like the Cecelia/Gambit romance as an idea. I love Cecelia, and she's the sort of stern yet compassionate, no-nonsense-type of woman Remy could use in his life. I don't mind the fact that they haven't had much interaction before Liu came on board. Every comic book relationship has to start somewhere.

However, I wasn't completely sold by the first issue of Liu's Astonishing. I wasn't impressed by the fact that Remy and Cecelia had apparently become awfully chummy completely off-page. If these two characters really are heading for a romance - and I'm guessing they are - I think it really should be established when, where, and how they began bonding, instead of just implying that it happened between issues... or, rather, titles. It's really unsatisfying for the readers if these things aren't shown on page, and it's really not going to help people care about their future as a potential couple.

#174 Posted by SarahB (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyraMyraMyra said:
[quote]However, I wasn't completely sold the first issue of Liu's Astonishing. I wasn't impressed by the fact that Remy and Cecelia had apparently become awfully chummy completely off-page. If these two characters really are heading for a romance - and I'm guessing they are - I think it really should be established when, where, and how they began bonding, instead of just implying that it happened between issues... or, rather, titles. It's really unsatisfying for the readers if these things aren't shown on page, and it's really not going to help people care about their future as a potential couple. [/quote] 

Exactly.  That's why I said it was just her pet character because it happened just like Carey did with Magneto and Rogue where all the important issues were supposedly handled "off-page". I see CeCe as more of a Storm replacement/another big sister the way she is written than a love interest and with Gambit's new book coming up - hopefully he won't be tied down and can have some flings for awhile given how poorly he was treated at the end of his last relationship. 

#175 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i never liked Gambit Rogue gambit should get with storm or psylocke in my opion.

#176 Edited by SarahB (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@LoganRogue24

You don't seem to know enough about him to know that .  You keep saying he's a "ladies man" like that has something to do with him not being good enough for Rogue just so you can get her with Logan. Yes, Gambit's attractive and sexy and women like him but he's been good to Rogue.  Heck better than she's been to him lately.  He's gone out of his way to save more than once her even when they were broken up and she's been ignoring him.  

I hate to break it to you but comic Wolverine is not movie hot Hugh Jackman and Wolverine's recent girlfriend just broke up with him because Logan kept cheating on her. Melita actually states this directly in the the comic.   Actually, I can't think of a girlfriend Wolverine hasn't cheated on.  He cheated on Mariko with Mystique.  Gambit may be a "ladies man" because women like him and he's had at least two women throw themselves naked at him but Logan is a horndog who'll sleep with anyone and everyone at any offer and nearly has.  He's been with well over half the promentant women in the MU.   Gambit's never chased other women while with Rogue (even when they couldn't touch and even if he's been tempted and maybe succumed once - its unclear) nor has he flaunted any attraction to some other woman in her face like she has him.   Wolverine has done that over and over with his attraction to Jean to other women.

Gambit needs a break and to stop sitting on his hands waiting on Rogue who's decided she'd rather sleep with an unrepentant  mass murderer.  Yes even cheating:Logan is a step up from bastard Magneto but neither is better than Gambit was. 
#177 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

sarah b i respect your opion but i don"t agree but thank you for explaining. i think my problem is the off and on again that the writers do with Rogue and Gambit that turn me off of that pairing. plus i always thought in theory that Logan and Rogue could work if given a fair chance.

#178 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambits new relationship(s) will consist of lots of women on his globe trotting adventures.

#179 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda want to see him and Frenzy, but I don't read Legacy so I'm not sure if they have any chemistry.

#180 Posted by RazielWraith (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Well said SarahB

#181 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit's been better to Rogue than she's been to him and that's coming from somebody who likes Rogue the tiniest bit more than Gambit.

I'm over Romy, not because I don't like the pair, but because they need time apart to be themselves and get over past baggage. The soap opera antics that have assailed that relationship for the past decade plus are tiresome and I think that the readers need a break from it just as much as the actual characters do.

That being said, I don't want to see it completely thrown out the window, just left for several years to develop into a friendship that doesn't involve terse tension or soap opera antics.

#182 Edited by Blaisey (13 posts) - - Show Bio

The Gambit/Frenzy pairing is so wrong. They don't even look good together. Isn't Frenzy some crazy mass murderer from the Acolytes of whom Magneto used to be the leader of? How could these characters (Gambit and Rogue) completely forget about these characters' past behaviors? There is just no continuity in the writing/story lines, making the characters' behaviors and actions unbelievable at times.

I also don't like Gambit and Cecilia Reyes. Didn't Cecilia use to have a slight flirtation with either Beast or Bishop (I forget)? Anyhow, they are just really awkward together. I feel that for now, Gambit doesn't need a relationship. He just needs to get back to basics, doing his ladies' man thing and just have a few flings I guess.

As for Rogue and Gambit, they should be together forever! This stupid Rogue/Mags is a fiasco, as is Gambit and Frenzy!

#183 Posted by _Grifter_ (11215 posts) - - Show Bio

I say let him roam for a while. Gambit and Rogue's relationship....it just feels like it's played out.

#184 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: I will always defend the fact that Wolverine and Rogue make for a great team even if for some reason they wouldn't make for a great couple!

#185 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: :)

#186 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Asmus (who will be writing the upcoming Gambit series) implied in an interview that Gambit will be enjoying his current relationship status with many women + a new femme fatale-type of character. This makes me happy; I think his reputation as a ladies' man needs to be reinforced now that he's spent so much time as the losing side of a love triangle. I do enjoy seeing him flirt. I do hope this new female character will be interesting.

#187 Posted by captainpojoe (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is the coolest character in all of marvel!!! and I think that the gambit and rogue thing it awesome and they should totally get married!!!!!

#188 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra: Man i just can't wait for this book, i would love to see more info on this please some one.....any one? And who is this mysterious female will be? Is it someone already in the MU or someone completly new?

#189 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Purgy said:

@MyraMyraMyra: Man i just can't wait for this book, i would love to see more info on this please some one.....any one? And who is this mysterious female will be? Is it someone already in the MU or someone completly new?

An original character.

#190 Posted by SarahB (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

An original character.

And the least interesting things I've heard about the book so far.  She's sounds like a straight up cliche right out of a heist romantic comedy.  She'll become his Catwoman like that stupid Sek character was his Tombraider.     Niether character makes me care a whit but everything else I've heard so far sounds great.  Well mostly great.  I hope Gambit get to work with some heros for a change and not just be in conflict with them.  That will get old fast.              

#191 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@Purgy said:

An original character.

That's good to know, but i just can't wait to find out

#192 Posted by Roguegirl24 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra: way to go girl...you said it.

#193 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Summers

#194 Posted by Munsu (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I was going to mention Rachel as well.

I wouldn't want anything serious, both are sort of coming out of dreadfully dull relationships, but I think the two of them could have a good dynamic. Gambit always works well when paired with a strong female character where he can still be his laid-back self, and it would be something new and fresh. Plus I would like to see Rachel build stronger relationships with some other X-Men. It is a shame they didn't interact more when they were in Legacy together.

#195 Posted by Teerack (6381 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda like the new girl in the Gambit series a lot. I don't know her name. I actually think she might not have told it to Gambit yet.

#196 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Munsu

: i guess hes waiting for rogue to be single again, could happen because magneto is going into hiding

#197 Posted by Munsu (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I never want him and Rogue together again even though I know they will at some point. It's just that relationship nearly ruined the character beyond repair and the love triangle with Mags was awful. It was stupid how she could forgive Mags for everything he's done but still hold things against Gambit. I hate how he is basically just waiting around for her to make up her mind (which apparently is the most challenging thing in the world for her) and as soon as she wants to get back together he will jump at the chance and then continue to be treated like garbage. Just not looking forward to it. That's why I would like to see something new and fresh with someone he doesn't have any real history with, like Rachel.

@Teerack: I don't think her name's been given yet, but I like her too. Though I don't know how long his solo book will last so I don't know if the relationship can really go anywhere.

#198 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Dude, agreed. I love the new girl so far in the series.

Moderator Online
#199 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't stand the new woman in Gambit's series. Too contrived.

#200 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the tattooed mystery woman. Sure, the femme fatale she has going on is just the tiniest bit overdone, but she has kept me interested so far. I do like seeing Gambit fooling around with a bad girl for a change, and this thing they've got is sure as hell more interesting and enjoyable to read than any of the other romantic developements he's had in other titles. The vaguely romantic Gambit/C. Reyes relationship in Astonishing X-Men, which sounded like an intersting idea to me at first, turned out to be contrived and boring, Rogue/Gambit totally need a break, and while I like the hiss-and-purr relationship between Gambit and Frenzy, I hope they continue being just drinking buddies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.