New Relationship?

#101 Edited by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazielWraith: Why does it have to be a gay joke? It is a joke about being with Magneto, not with a man.

#102 Edited by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit and Frenzy?!?

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, CAREY!!!

BURN IN HELL, YOU MALEDETTO BAST*RDO!!!

#103 Edited by RazielWraith (585 posts) - - Show Bio

... Anyway... man you said it jrock85. I didn't think for one moment that Gage was going to do anythig different or better.

#104 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm warming towards Frenzy.

Judging by the latest AVX teaser, maybe Spiderwoman?

#105 Posted by LSROTJ (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, with the correct combination of alcohol, OOC fanfic writing no matter how dumb it may be… anything is possible. All it takes for an evil bitch to stop being one is a man and booze and the readers will buy into it very easily as they always do.

#106 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

fake account is fake

#107 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

Judging by the latest AVX teaser, maybe Spiderwoman?

Personally I'm digging it more myself, because believe it or not I enjoyed Age of X for what it was and I've always thought it an interesting concept when characters keep their memories from alternate realities. It should probably be referenced a bit more all things considered. Though to be honest a few people should have about 4 or 5 lifetimes worth of memories (and yeah I'm looking at you Cyclops).

#108 Edited by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

You disappoint me, Nate. >:(

Frenzy is a walking pile of feces.

@RazielWraith said:

... Anyway... man you said it jrock85. I didn't think for one moment that Gage was going to do anythig different or better.

Carey mentioned in an interview that he gave Gage some suggestions about things that he may want to continue from his tenure on Legacy, so there's no doubt in my mind that he influenced Gage to pursue this direction. Not only is it a horrible pairing, but it was completely unnecessary. I mean, haven't we had enough soap opera crap for the last 2+ years? Furthermore, I can't understand why Frenzy has been given a prominent role in an X-title when there are so many great, underutilized X-characters who aren't murderous scumbags.

#109 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

You disapoint me too Jrock, he got drunk and got laid, i don't see a problem.

#110 Posted by Mutant God (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him and hellcat

#111 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

I like him and hellcat

That issue is pure comedic gold, and it made me put Patsy Walker officially in my cool book. Poor Remy was losing it, and the results were hilarious ;) I'm not sure how I would feel about them as a couple, but their interaction was so funny in this story that I wish that they will team up again.

#112 Posted by Mutant God (3075 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyraMyraMyra: For me that pairing is a lot better than Gambit and Frenzy
#113 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit and Frenzy :S

#114 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

What can I say? I find both hugely entertaining ;)

I don't think that Frenzy/Gambit is a good pairing, either, if we're terms of whether I think that they would actually make a great couple in real life. Oh, they would make a terrible couple, but that doesn't mean that their random hook-up wasn't a fun twist of events, especially since I've been longing to see Remy distance himself from Rogue now that she has made her (very, very bad) choice. I'm still kinda hoping that the Rogue/Gambit pairing will eventually be resurrected because I think it deserves a better conclusion than this, but right now I think Gambit needs to be redefined as his own individual character. Mike Carey spent so many years slowly turning him into a less and less important supportive character in Rogue's personal mythology, and now everyone has seemed to forget that there used to be more to him as a character than just his love for Rogue. That was why I was so relieved to see him doing something that wasn't merely a reaction to Rogue's actions - and that "something" being Frenzy was just an added bonus for me since I happen to love her as a character. All in all, Gage already made Gambit express lots of motivations, desires, and thoughts that weren't directly linked to his now unrequited love for Rogue, which is much more than Carey ever did during his entire run.

Anyways, Frenzy/Gambit is just pure fun for me. I'm not exactly hoping that they'll get together and become a real couple, but I'm really enjoying the way they get under each other's skins. I like how ambiguous the relationship is; they're constantly switching between being hostile to each other, being sexually attracted to each other, and bonding over their similar experiences. Even after this, it's still kind of unclear whether they'll eventually become friends, enemies, or lovers. That why I find this subplot interesting; I can't instantly tell where it's going. Frankly, I doubt that they're ever going to be using each other for anything more than casual sex, and I wouldn't even like to see them becoming anything more than friends with occasional benefits.

#115 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

You disapoint me too Jrock, he got drunk and got laid, i don't see a problem.

Him having a one-night stand with that vermin is definitely a problem IMO. Its no worse than Rogneto.

@MyraMyraMyra said:

@Mutant God said:

What can I say? I find both hugely entertaining ;)

I don't think that Frenzy/Gambit is a good pairing, either, if we're terms of whether I think that they would actually make a great couple in real life. Oh, they would make a terrible couple, but that doesn't mean that their random hook-up wasn't a fun twist of events, especially since I've been longing to see Remy distance himself from Rogue now that she has made her (very, very bad) choice. I'm still kinda hoping that the Rogue/Gambit pairing will eventually be resurrected because I think it deserves a better conclusion than this, but right now I think Gambit needs to be redefined as his own individual character. Mike Carey spent so many years slowly turning him into a less and less important supportive character in Rogue's personal mythology, and now everyone has seemed to forget that there used to be more to him as a character than just his love for Rogue. That was why I was so relieved to see him doing something that wasn't merely a reaction to Rogue's actions - and that "something" being Frenzy was just an added bonus for me since I happen to love her as a character. All in all, Gage already made Gambit express lots of motivations, desires, and thoughts that weren't directly linked to his now unrequited love for Rogue, which is much more than Carey ever did during his entire run.

Anyways, Frenzy/Gambit is just pure fun for me. I'm not exactly hoping that they'll get together and become a real couple, but I'm really enjoying the way they get under each other's skins. I like how ambiguous the relationship is; they're constantly switching between being hostile to each other, being sexually attracted to each other, and bonding over their similar experiences. Even after this, it's still kind of unclear whether they'll eventually become friends, enemies, or lovers. That why I find this subplot interesting; I can't instantly tell where it's going. Frankly, I doubt that they're ever going to be using each other for anything more than casual sex, and I wouldn't even like to see them becoming anything more than friends with occasional benefits.

Frenzy is one of the most horrible, undesirable characters of all-time, and the thought of Gambit entering any type of relationship with her is unbearable for me. Gambit needs to be interacting with characters that are actually WORTHWHILE human beings.

#116 Posted by Avalonia (297 posts) - - Show Bio

ASDFGHJKL I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS PAIRING. It's one of the most forced couples I've ever seen. In what was an overall great issue and really good start, this is already a blight on the book. Just aslkdjf;lakjsf;lkasdjfa;lskdjf; terrible and shameful.

#117 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avalonia said:

ASDFGHJKL I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS PAIRING. It's one of the most forced couples I've ever seen. In what was an overall great issue and really good start, this is already a blight on the book. Just aslkdjf;lakjsf;lkasdjfa;lskdjf; terrible and shameful.

I'm fairly certain that Gage knows nothing about the characters he's writing in Legacy, other than what Carey told him about them. He's even admitted that he hasn't read UXM #350 yet! How could you be writing Rogue and Gambit and not be familiar with the events of that issue?

#118 Posted by Avalonia (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@Avalonia said:

I'm fairly certain that Gage knows nothing about the characters he's writing in Legacy, other than what Carey told him about them. He's even admitted that he hasn't read UXM #350 yet! How could you be writing Rogue and Gambit and not be familiar with the events of that issue?

Excuse me while I go and vomit from the insurmountable amount of irritation, rage and frustration coursing through my body.

#119 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avalonia: I know the feeling.

#120 Posted by Dernman (15668 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him with someone other then Rogue for awhile. Just not X-23. What they got going on is fine but it doesn't need to be changed into something it's not.

#121 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I would like to see him with someone other then Rogue for awhile. Just not X-23. What they got going on is fine but it doesn't need to be changed into something it's not.

There hasn't been any romance between him and X-23. Its just a brother/sister type of relationship.

#122 Posted by Dernman (15668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@Dernman said:

There hasn't been any romance between him and X-23. Its just a brother/sister type of relationship.

I know. I'm just referring to some comments I have seen in the past where people said they wanted something more to happen.

#123 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Gothca.

#124 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Frenzy and Gambit in love <3

#125 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

Frenzy and Gambit in love <3

#126 Edited by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible art, but true love <3

#127 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09: Disgraceful!

#128 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09:

NO NO NO!!!!

#129 Edited by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Edited by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09: Suddenly, CeCe is looking more and more appealing to me. LOL

#131 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- I have to agree that the Gambit / Frenzy couple looks like a terrible idea from all sides

- Off the top of my head i actually think him and Emma would be a lot more interesting than her and Cyclops

#132 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13617 posts) - - Show Bio

Frenzy & Gambit: It's Guy Love Between Two Guys

#133 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

How sad.

There are so many single, desirable ladies in the Marvel U who could use some Cajun spice in their lives.

#134 Posted by Hysteria (386 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind Frenzy they'll probably have a strong relationtion for sometime but then things won't work out. BTW does Frenzy look shorter?

#135 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit and Frenzy. Double rebound. It's a recipe for disaster.

#136 Posted by SarahB (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Lothe Frenzy. She's a person who loves killing just for the sake of killing - she's a female Sabretooth and just because Marvel and Mike Carey like to white wash pasts does not make it better. Its not that I don't see the potential for short term conflict with her on a team but this bull that some fake romance with Cyclops and some team adoration is going to suddenly fix her murderous tendancies just annoys me. Almost as much as the crap characterization of Magneto Carey gave us. Suddenly making her "cute and bitchy" just doesn't fly with me. Gambit can and should do better even for a fling and I do believe this is a fling. I don't particularly like CeCe either but she beats Frenzy by a mile. I just don't get this belief that if they say they've changed but not in the least shown any remorse that its change. Frenzy needs tons of work to even make her human to me and not just some anger snarky charactature. Gambit needs to distance himself from Rogue for awhile and they just be friends (given Gage a least writes Rogue human again and not some stupid robot that can't be nice to anyone but Mike Carey's choosen few) but can't he at least rebound date some nice fun ladies not boring CeCe or a ruthless killer pyscho bitch? Its like they can't wait to tie him down into some other romantic mess when what he needs is a break.

#137 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@SarahB said:

Lothe Frenzy. She's a person who loves killing just for the sake of killing - she's a female Sabretooth and just because Marvel and Mike Carey like to white wash pasts does not make it better. Its not that I don't see the potential for short term conflict with her on a team but this bull that some fake romance with Cyclops and some team adoration is going to suddenly fix her murderous tendancies just annoys me. Almost as much as the crap characterization of Magneto Carey gave us. Suddenly making her "cute and bitchy" just doesn't fly with me. Gambit can and should do better even for a fling and I do believe this is a fling. I don't particularly like CeCe either but she beats Frenzy by a mile. I just don't get this belief that if they say they've changed but not in the least shown any remorse that its change. Frenzy needs tons of work to even make her human to me and not just some anger snarky charactature. Gambit needs to distance himself from Rogue for awhile and they just be friends (given Gage a least writes Rogue human again and not some stupid robot that can't be nice to anyone but Mike Carey's choosen few) but can't he at least rebound date some nice fun ladies not boring CeCe or a ruthless killer pyscho bitch? Its like they can't wait to tie him down into some other romantic mess when what he needs is a break.

Thank you.

#138 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Do not worry my fellow Gambit fans, he will be joined in matrimony with Frenzy soon enough!

#139 Posted by Whisper_ (3454 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

Do not worry my fellow Gambit fans, he will be joined in matrimony with Frenzy soon enough!

This IS something to worry about. Frenzy sucks and this is quite possibly the most forced and out of character relationship that I've ever seen.

#140 Edited by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Whisper_ said:

@natejoseph09 said:

This IS something to worry about. Frenzy sucks and this is quite possibly the most forced and out of character relationship that I've ever seen.

I'm sure Gambit now knows if Frenzy truly does SUCK...........ok too far.

Next issue Gambit confirms all they did was kiss and it didn't mean anything, Frenzy looked bothered though, Gambits still hung up on Rogue sadly

But like i said, i don't expect anything serious with Frenzy when he's also romancing someone else in another title.

#141 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

@_Whisper_ said:

@natejoseph09 said:

I'm sure Gambit now knows if Frenzy truly does SUCK...........ok too far.

Next issue Gambit confirms all they did was kiss and it didn't mean anything, Frenzy looked bothered though, Gambits still hung up on Rogue sadly

But like i said, i don't expect anything serious with Frenzy when he's also romancing someone else in another title.

Unfortunately, it seems like Gage relied to heavily on Carey instead of doing his own research about these characters.

#142 Posted by stumpy49er (611 posts) - - Show Bio

I like CeCe. She might be 'boring' but Gambit doesn't need an exciting woman to make him exciting. She's a caring, humble, good woman. Not my first choice for Gambit, but not bad either.
Frenzy is horrible though. I remember reading a comic where the Acolytes were attacking a childrens hospital with the intent on killing kids because they were human. Frenzy was going nuts with blood lust, and Gambit took her down with a tire swing (great moment). Characters can't just decide "Gee, I'll be a hero now." Lame characterization. Unless she goes through some major transformation she will always be a villain to me.
I wouldn't mind Gambit being used by the X Men as a James Bond/Austin Powers/Batman type, who basically seduces the bad girls to get info/loyalty from them. I wouldn't want him breaking the good girls hearts though, CeCe for instance.

#143 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

x23

#144 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er said:

Frenzy is horrible though. I remember reading a comic where the Acolytes were attacking a childrens hospital with the intent on killing kids because they were human. Frenzy was going nuts with blood lust, and Gambit took her down with a tire swing (great moment). Characters can't just decide "Gee, I'll be a hero now." Lame characterization. Unless she goes through some major transformation she will always be a villain to me.

Carey had no real vision for Frenzy. She was just brought into Legacy because she has a history with Gambit that Carey could exploit to further along Rogneto.

In other words, she's taking panel time from characters that are far more deserving of it.

#145 Posted by Vermillo (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me but lately it seem like Rogue been riding Magneto's cape more and more? I mean lately she act like there is no relationship with Gambit at all while Gambit on the other hand just wait. This is sad because I was a big fan in the the whole Gambit and Rogue relationship. I hate the fact that Marvel now a days just throw out all relationships or destroy them.

For me since Rogue is all over the place...I would like to see Gambit and Frenzy as a couple. Sure they have some problems but at least they more interaction between them.

#146 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vermillo said:

Is it just me but lately it seem like Rogue been riding Magneto's cape more and more? I mean lately she act like there is no relationship with Gambit at all while Gambit on the other hand just wait. This is sad because I was a big fan in the the whole Gambit and Rogue relationship. I hate the fact that Marvel now a days just throw out all relationships or destroy them.

That's what annoys me the most. It's one thing to have Rogue move on to someone else, but it really just drives me nuts how both Carey and now Gage have been writing her like she can't even remember that she used to be so in love with Gambit that she almost gave her life to save him and then dragged him from death's door to be with him. It's never been explained why she's suddenly stopped having feelings for him. It just sort of happened, and now it's like they never even had anything special going on. It's just bad writing, if not anything else. If you're going to have Rogue start having insane feelings for Magneto, it would be decent to at least deal with the loose ends of her previous relationship instead of just pretending that it doesn't mean anything now that she has someone new in her life.

#147 Edited by RazielWraith (585 posts) - - Show Bio

Well said SarahB and stumpy49er

They have some problems... oh god...

#148 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@MyraMyraMyra said:

@Vermillo said:

That's what annoys me the most. It's one thing to have Rogue move on to someone else, but it really just drives me nuts how both Carey and now Gage have been writing her like she can't even remember that she used to be so in love with Gambit that she almost gave her life to save him and then dragged him from death's door to be with him. It's never been explained why she's suddenly stopped having feelings for him. It just sort of happened, and now it's like they never even had anything special going on. It's just bad writing, if not anything else. If you're going to have Rogue start having insane feelings for Magneto, it would be decent to at least deal with the loose ends of her previous relationship instead of just pretending that it doesn't mean anything now that she has someone new in her life.

I couldn't agree more.

I have a feeling we won't being seeing Gambit and Rogue together for a while. The Rogue + Magneto has to be one of the stupidest things Marvel have done in a while.

#149 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

@lykopis said:

@MyraMyraMyra said:

@Vermillo said:

I couldn't agree more.

I have a feeling we won't being seeing Gambit and Rogue together for a while. The Rogue + Magneto has to be one of the stupidest things Marvel have done in a while.

It was really funny how Rachel trolled Rogue about her relationship with Magneto in Legacy #261. ;D

Anyway, Romy is beyond salvation at this point, but I will not and cannot accept any relationship between Gambit and Frenzy. Him being attracted to her makes about as much sense as Rogue being attracted to Magneto.

CeCe isn't my first choice for him, but I wouldn't oppose it. And BTW, she looks great in a dress!

#150 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Frenzy: No CeCe: Maybe Someone outside of X-Men: Going for a big yes for a new relationship. Rouge: Going for a big no for how they have been writing her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.