New Relationship?

#51 Edited by spikevalentine (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakeeboi17 said:

For some strange reason, I would kind of like to see Gambit and Psylocke together... No idea why though O.o

I'm totally backing that one, they are both sexy, fun and dangerous with a tint of identity crisis (plus, in the 90s they did share a lot of moments, some very crucial like the "weren't you British?" saga. It's possible she learned Gambit's secret when he was comatose after a kiss with Rogue, and he was well aware and afraid of that, but when in turn he had the chance to kill her when she was already dying because of an attack by Sabretooth, he didn't). Plus, Fantomex is really just Morrison's weird version of Gambit (and so help me god if you start talking about Fantómas or Diabolik).
#52 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

I' would propose a new character assuming they had a past that hasn't been mentioned until now that they re encounter, to make thing interesting you know? 

#53 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I still like Gambit/Rogue. I agree that their relationship hasn't been treated well in the past... decade, actually, but I still like their dynamics too much to stop hoping that it'll become awesome again. I don't think it's flogged to death just yet, and I am still curious to see where they are going. I also think that they have too much emotional baggage between them to just drift apart without reaching some sort of conclusion about the state of their relationship. Right now, they've just been left hanging in mid-air, and I'd hate to see either one of them enter into a serious relationship with another character before Gambit/Rogue has been resolved (I don't consider Rogue/Mags a serious relationship). 

Although I do like how Gambit is being all confident and gentlemanny towards Rogue (giving her time and space, and letting her explore her feelings for Magneto), a part of me wishes he'd throw a good old jealous hissy-fit instead. That would be more interesting and entertaining than just seeing him stand there and take whatever Rogue is throwing at him. Him being written too passive and static in their non-relationship is what's really making Gambit/Rogue kind of boring right now. To me, much of the appeal of their relationship lies in the fiery tension that has always existed between the two characters, and this calmness is just sucking the life out of it.

Other than Rogue, some perverted part of my brain just loves the idea of the subtle flirtation between Gambit and Frenzy being taken a little bit further. Their relationship would probably be abusive, highly dysfunctional, and totally awesome. It would be so wrong, and so worth reading. I really wouldn't mind seeing them having a drunken fling or something while Rogue is still doing the nasty with Magneto.

I really, really hope that Gambit/X-23 is NOT going to happen. I absolutely love the two as a buddy team, and I wish it's going to stay that way for many reasons. Her being underage is obviously one of them, but the main reason I hate the idea is because I think the "big brother-little sister/Wolverine-Jubilee" thing they have going on right now is perfect character developement for both of them. Laura now has someone in her life who gives her the guidance, care, and attention the child inside her needs, and Remy gets to be the responsible one for a change. Making the relationship romantic/sexual would destroy all that.

#54 Posted by Munsu (164 posts) - - Show Bio

For Gambit's sake I hope he and Rogue never get back together. That relationship has basically ruined Gambit's character and only now with writers like Liu, who want to write him as something other than just a supporting character for Rogue, has he been getting any development. I mean it is just pathetic how long this whole mess between them has dragged out. She doesn't want to be with him until she get her powers under control, then she gets control of her powers but still isn't sure she wants to be with him, chooses to sleep with Magneto for a night for whatever reason, but even after that she still doesn't know what to do. If after I poured my heard out to a girl I love and she immediately goes and sleeps with someone who tried to kill me in the past (and wouldn't care if I died now) I would be done with that girl, but Rogue can do pretty much whatever she wants and Gambit will still take her back unconditionally. It is just making Gambit come off as so weak as he constantly prusues her while she continues to be indecisive. I can't even remember the last time Rogue pursued Gambit or went out of her way to do something for him. It's just sad how one sided it is.

And really, the whole Rogue/Magneto/Gambit triangle is just awful. If Rogue can't choose between between them after everything Magneto has done to her and her friends then she isn't worth it, in my opinion. I mean I get that a Magneto and Rogue fling was probably just something Carey wanted to write because he really likes the two characters, but it is just so uninteresting. Though I guess it doesn't matter. Since judging from the Legacy teaser images it looks like Gambit is going to be on Rogue's team while Magneto is elsewhere. So unfortunally it looks like Gambit is again going to be playing the role of Rogue's lapdog for the foreseeable future under Carey's pen.

#55 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit and Cecelia Reyes seem to be hitting it off in X 23 #14.
I think that would be an interesting couple.

#56 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Munsu
yeah, but if anyone were to understand a checkered past, it's Rogue 
she's not got an exactly squeaky clean record when it comes to treating mutants and other heroes well either, now does she?
#57 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@stumpy49er said:
Gambit and Cecelia Reyes seem to be hitting it off in X 23 #14. I think that would be an interesting couple.
I think they came to an understanding, but I don't see anything else coming out of it.
#58 Edited by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Munsu said:

For Gambit's sake I hope he and Rogue never get back together. That relationship has basically ruined Gambit's character and only now with writers like Liu, who want to write him as something other than just a supporting character for Rogue, has he been getting any development. I mean it is just pathetic how long this whole mess between them has dragged out. She doesn't want to be with him until she get her powers under control, then she gets control of her powers but still isn't sure she wants to be with him, chooses to sleep with Magneto for a night for whatever reason, but even after that she still doesn't know what to do. If after I poured my heard out to a girl I love and she immediately goes and sleeps with someone who tried to kill me in the past (and wouldn't care if I died now) I would be done with that girl, but Rogue can do pretty much whatever she wants and Gambit will still take her back unconditionally. It is just making Gambit come off as so weak as he constantly prusues her while she continues to be indecisive. I can't even remember the last time Rogue pursued Gambit or went out of her way to do something for him. It's just sad how one sided it is.  And really, the whole Rogue/Magneto/Gambit triangle is just awful. If Rogue can't choose between between them after everything Magneto has done to her and her friends then she isn't worth it, in my opinion. I mean I get that a Magneto and Rogue fling was probably just something Carey wanted to write because he really likes the two characters, but it is just so uninteresting. Though I guess it doesn't matter. Since judging from the Legacy teaser images it looks like Gambit is going to be on Rogue's team while Magneto is elsewhere. So unfortunally it looks like Gambit is again going to be playing the role of Rogue's lapdog for the foreseeable future under Carey's pen.

Well said 

And the people who try to compare and make sense of them… oh god…
#59 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Isnt he currently got something going with Frenzy?

#60 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
Isnt he currently got something going with Frenzy?
Nah. Its been implied that they have a romantic history but there's no budding romance between them at the moment.
#61 Edited by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Rogue/Gambit seems to be going down the drain for good, I'm hoping that Gambit will get a new love interest. I hate to see him being hung up on Rogue now that she's written like she's completely forgotten the history they share in favour of her insane & unexplained feelings for Magneto. The whole mess has really cheapened Gambit as a character. C'mon, he used to be a mysterious, confident, smooth-talking rogue & gentleman womanizer, and now he's just a shadow of his former self who doesn't get to do anything that isn't directly related to Rogue. I want Gambit to stop being just Rogue's sad ex-boyfriend and become his own individual character again. Maybe a new relationship could help him get forward again (not that he needs to be dating someone in order to be interesting).

I'm liking the idea of Gambit/Frenzy more and more. I friggin' love Frenzy, and I like the ambiguous tension between the two. Even though any kind of a romantic relationship between them would probably be disastrous and dysfunctional, I still think it would be so much fun to see. Frenzy has such an explosive temper, and Gambit likes to push other people's buttons, so a Gambit/Frenzy romance could be entertaining in the "train crash" kind of way.

Marjorie Liu has also introduced some potential love interests (IMO) for Gambit in the soon-to-be-canceled X-23 series. I liked the flirting between him and Tiger Tyger, and there was also a brief bonding moment between him and Cecilia Reyes, which probably wasn't meant to be flirty in the slightest, but which I liked anyways.

#62 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Since Rogue/Gambit seems to be going down the drain for good, I'm hoping that Gambit will get a new love interest. I hate to see him being hung up on Rogue now that she's written like she's completely forgotten the history they share in favour of her insane & unexplained feelings for Magneto. The whole mess has really cheapened Gambit as a character. C'mon, he used to be a mysterious, confident, smooth-talking rogue & gentleman womanizer, and now he's just a shadow of his former self who doesn't get to do anything that isn't directly related to Rogue. I want Gambit to stop being just Rogue's sad ex-boyfriend and become his own individual character again. Maybe a new relationship could help him get forward again (not that he needs to be dating someone in order to be interesting).

I'm liking the idea of Gambit/Frenzy more and more. I friggin' love Frenzy, and I like the ambiguous tension between the two. Even though any kind of a romantic relationship between them would probably be disastrous and dysfunctional, I still think it would be so much fun to see. Frenzy has such an explosive temper, and Gambit likes to push other people's buttons, so a Gambit/Frenzy romance could be entertaining in the "train crash" kind of way.

Marjorie Liu has also introduced some potential love interests (IMO) for Gambit in the soon-to-be-canceled X-23 series. I liked the flirting between him and Tiger Tyger, and there was also a brief bonding moment between him and Cecilia Reyes, which probably wasn't meant to be flirty in the slightest, but which I liked anyways.

I kinda like Tiger Tyger, don't like Frenzy, and I'm kinda meh about CeCe. Instead of jumping into another relationship, I prefer he just play the field for a while.

#63 Edited by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Frenzy is a bitch... the last thing Gambit needs in his life is to go from someone who can't make up there mind on anything... to someone who has a temper problem. In other words... Gambit can do so much better. Puting him on another team is the way to go.

#64 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep i've got to agree that it's more important for him to get another team instead of getting a new relationship.

Being in Legacy hasn't done anything for him, likewise just being a supporting character in a Rogue book. I think he deserves more tbh, he should be on a team where everyone gets equal develoment and panel time like most team books. But now that X-23 has finished Legacy is going to be Gambits only appearence, and honestly i think he's screwed.

#65 Posted by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Gambit had joined another team years ago. Like when he was left to die in Antarctica.

#66 Posted by Dernman (15229 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit should move on.

#67 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

He is on another team. He's a professor in Wolverines School of Witchcraft and er... whatever.

The whole fate of the X Men is down the drain. It's not just Gambit. Until he gets his own series or is on a team that fleshes him out as a character, it just won't be worth reading his stories. Can't stand anything that has happened with the X Men for the last decade. I really want Marvel to take a cue from DC and just start everything over. Just blow up there entire line.

#68 Edited by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er said:

@stumpy49er said:

He is on another team. He's a professor in Wolverines School of Witchcraft and er... whatever.

He's not part of the cast though despite being a senior staff member. (WATXM)

I'd just love for him to be on any team, it's like his only existence now for being in a book now is Rogue.

#69 Posted by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit should be on a team with non X-Men characters. He needs to stay away from them for the next decade or more.

#70 Posted by Thunderscream (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see him with:

Threnody

Silhouette

Scarlet Witch

Domino

Skids

Rachel Grey

I'm tired of the Rogue/Gambit/Magneto love triangle.

#71 Edited by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio

To be on another team and with a better woman... maybe he needs to get Sage and her Exiles out of that Crystal Palace and join them. That team has alternate versions of characters and it would be nice to see Gambit with a woman who is actually competent, independent... a woman who knows what she wants and none of that "Oh, I'm so confused" or "I need time to myself" crap.

#72 Posted by KEROGA (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

dazzler,cuckoos sisters,

#73 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream said:

I'd like to see him with:

Threnody

Silhouette

Scarlet Witch

Domino

Skids

Rachel Grey

I'm tired of the Rogue/Gambit/Magneto love triangle.

1. Threnody - Too young.
  2. Silhouette - Need to know more about her.
  3. Scarlet Witch - That would be hilarious, considering the Rogue/Remy/Mags love triangle.
  4. Domino - A fling maybe, but not a relationship.
  5. Skids - Can't see Remy being interested in her.
  6. Rachel Grey - Its very possible that she and Gambit could be related; but if they're not I wouldn't oppose it.
#74 Posted by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyger Tiger wanted ta taste sum a dat cajun.

#75 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost might be interesting?

#76 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Tyger Tiger wanted ta taste sum a dat cajun.

I wouldn't mind seeing that pairing.

#77 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by Honor_Finesse (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85: .....that's actually a really good pairing O__o

And I've seen some people shipping him with Laura....

#79 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Honor_Finesse said:

@jrock85:

And I've seen some people shipping him with Laura....

Not Laura. She's too young.

#80 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Marjorie Liu had this to say about her upcoming Astonishing X-Men revamp:

"We've got Northstar moving back to New York and he's going to be living with his boyfriend, Kyle. Another side of it, we've got characters like Cecelia and Gambit circling each other and Gambit moving into his own apartment in Westchester. The first issue will settle in the team and introduce the villains, the Marauders."

Did anyone else read this as a hint of a future Cecilia/Gambit attraction?

As much as I'd like to see Gambit stay single & play the field for a while, I'm kind of liking the idea of him having some kind of a romance/relationship/random hook-up with Cecilia, or at least some consistent flirting. They'd make an interesting couple because Cecilia is kind of cynical whereas Gambit is definitely a romantic. She's also headstrong, decisive, and intelligent. They're different in many ways, but I also think that they'd find enough common ground to make it work.

#81 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Too bad it can't be you.

#82 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Only all the time.

#83 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520 said:

@lykopis: Only all the time.

Most true thing I have seen ALL day.

HAH!

#84 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: It is getting to be kind of a problem. You are pushing it on everyone else. I think we need to have an intervention.

#85 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: back evil temptress!

#86 Posted by Kentotron (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Spider-man should catch Gambit and Black Cat hooking up in her apartment. Then they can go on all kinds of thieving adventures.

#87 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kentotron said:

I think Spider-man should catch Gambit and Black Cat hooking up in her apartment. Then they can go on all kinds of thieving adventures.

I believe he and Felicia already have "hooked up".

#88 Posted by Assassin_Elektra (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think Gambit is better off as "single" due to the fact he's a ladies man. Gambit getting around is more his style than being in a relationship. I don't think it's necessary for all characters to be in the complicated relationships, sometimes it's nice to just focus more on the character and their contributions to the main comic story.

#89 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I know who it should be.

#90 Posted by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio

......... of course, someone has to throw in a gay joke... anyway, when did Gambit and Black Cat meet each other? As for CeCe... she always seems to be a bitch to Gambit (when she said "is your accent as real as the cancer those cigarettes are going to give you?"), there’s no chemistry between the two at all. I wish Sage were around, at least there one can see something of a romantic nature in the relationship. Sage obviously has the hots for him and when they interact, even if she disagrees with him, she doesn't just throw insults at him.

#91 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

this could be start the surprise future relationship with Marrow

#92 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazielWraith said:

anyway, when did Gambit and Black Cat meet each other?

Web of Spiderman #113.

#93 Posted by Kentotron (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85: Yeah, man! Now that Gambit's back in NY they should just booty call each other. No serious relationships for him. At least not for a while, right?

#94 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kentotron said:

@jrock85: Yeah, man! Now that Gambit's back in NY they should just booty call each other. No serious relationships for him. At least not for a while, right?

Yep.

#95 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

How old is she?
#96 Edited by Thunderscream (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be pretty scandalous if he got together with Scarlet Witch (considering Rogue's all up in Magneto's kool-aid)...but I also think they'd make a lovely couple.

I also like the idea of Threnody or Silhouette, making beautiful biracial babies with his signature red/black eyes ;)

or maybe the 616 Blink

#97 Edited by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm rooting for Cecilia Reyes/Gambit at the moment. She's going to be in the same title as him when the new Astonishing X-Men begins, so I'm assuming that they're going to be interacting more or less. Maybe something will happen between them. She's the kind of level-headed & decisive person who could do Remy good after years of on-off drama with Rogue. Cecilia is also strong, opinionated, and definitely no pushover. Judging on Remy's romantic past, he likes that in a woman. They're different in many ways, but deep down I think the share the same values and ideals, such as protecting and helping the ones who can't protect themselves. It would be interesting to see how Cecilia's personality - a sarcastic realist with a tinge of cynic, though also caring & compassionate - would mesh with Remy's romantic personality. If written well, this could be a very interesting comic book romance.

Though the Frenzy/Gambit smooch & possible sexytime in Legacy made me happy, too, because Frenzy is awesome, and Gambit/Frenzy has been a part of my headcanon for a while now. Not sure if this is going to result into anything serious (could be just a random hook-up), but gosh darnit I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts anyways.

#98 Edited by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Somehow not getting along, auguring and throwing insults is signs of a relationship???

Once again the character writing is awful, Gambit still can't get over Rogue and I don't buy it with Frenzy. "Oh you've changed so much?" Oh please... this bitch Frenzy would never say that, she still hates humans and is not here to learn to be nice, she's the last person that's going to give condolances. Another issue where the female is completely written out-of-character. Just another idiotic excuse (getting drunk) for two characters to make-out. The only thing that both of these relationships would offer is idiotic drama and conflict. To go from one Magneto admire to another makes no sense whatsoever.

#99 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he can be with Magneto?

#100 Edited by RazielWraith (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Another gay joke...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.