Marvel Teases New GAMBIT Series in August

• 121 results
Posted by G-Man (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news for Gambit fans! Marvel has announced that a new solo series is coming our way. At least we hope it's a full series and not just a miniseries.

The only information Marvel has attached is this:

Find out more Sunday, April 15 at the Next Big Thing panel, 11am Central during C2E2 2012.

Who will be writing it? Who will be drawing it? You can bet we'll be there in Chicago to find out more.

Are you ready for a new Gambit series?

Staff
#1 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

The Good: A new not principal Character get an ongoing

The Bad: Too many X-series

#2 Posted by movieartman (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish: @Arevish said:

The Good: A new not principal Character get an ongoing

The Bad: Too many X-series

Agreed the only x-book we need is Uncanny X-force, that book (minus a magento related issue and the just finished otherworld storyline) has been bloody supurb, absolutly blast all the other x books out of the water.

#3 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!! maybe we'll get some closure on the whole horseman of apocalypse thing.

#4 Posted by movieartman (981 posts) - - Show Bio

very down with this, id almost prefer it to be a mini series so we dont have to be sad and mad when it gets canceled in less than 10 issues (forgive my pessimism)

id like MARCO CHECCHETTO to draw it specialy if its gonna be a darker themed book (he drew a fantastic Gambit during the Daken / X-23 crossover collsion)

but, i dont think id be willing to give up him on punisher :(

who do you guys want to draw the book

#5 Posted by karrob (4276 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

AWESOME!!! maybe we'll get some closure on the whole horseman of apocalypse thing.

Hopefully

#6 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit! an own serie! GREAT but we don't know more so I say crap

#7 Posted by movieartman (981 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion:

I 2nd this strongly

did you read X-men Second Coming Revelations-Hellbound there was a good amount of Gambit as Death in it twas badass

#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to post some de-motivational poster about women being teases but all I found was poetry, bah!

#9 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I found my X-23 replacement.

Oh, who am I kidding? While I love Gambit, I want X-23 back. Maybe she'll make an appearance in his series.

#10 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Finally a series I'm interested in.

Bad news is that its probably not going to sell well and get cancelled pretty fast especially if marvel is going to give him shitty creators.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92445 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesssssssss

#12 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#13 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Girls around the forum rejoice. ^_^

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

So, what is this...the third attempt at an ongoing....

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (57747 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, it's just going to get cancelled anyway...he ain't no Wolverine, bub.
BB

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm interesting. Might work but what will make it stand out as opposed to his other ongoings? Still, I may have to check it out but I'm in agreement with others...faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too many X-titles already.

#17 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Never cared for Gambit but congrats to all the card slinging fans. definately agree that there are too many x-books right now.

#18 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

harsh fact but a fact none the less. Any mutant in general with an ongoing never lasts. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Gambit in some situations that arent just, rob, get caught, win somehow

#19 Posted by jcj145 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit has always been my favorite character so I definitely hope its an ongoing I love the cajun!

I wonder thought if this has any ties to AvX though, in the since that his solo/mini spins out of actions therein.

#20 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Marjorie Liu have an un-revealed upcoming project with Marvel on the horizon? I remember hearing that somewhere...could this be it?

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are Marvel releasing and teasing so many X-related books?Are they trying to make X-Men their greatest team?

#22 Edited by ivolution2k1 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

meh i hate when ppl do that a mutant gets a series so we automatically comparing him to wolverine who lately has gotten extremely boring, i am no gambit fanboy but i welcome a nice change of pace tired of seeing logen get cut/shot over and over then winning while saying bubb a hundred times an hr.

o you shot me in the face your gonna pay bubb, whats that a flamethrower your dead bubb, you just hit me with a truck your in for it now bubb

#23 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

When I saw the title topic, I let out a massive sigh.

The whole point of getting rid of Daken and X23 is to downsize the X-Titles, and now seeing Marvel release X-Treme X-Men and Gambit, I feel a dissapointed.

But then again, Gambit has been written quite badly recently, hopefully this is some form redemption for the character...

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (57747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ivolution2k1 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

meh i hate when ppl do that a mutant gets a series so we automatically comparing him to wolverine who lately has gotten extremely boring, i am no gambit fanboy but i welcome a nice change of pace tired of seeing logen get cut/shot over and over then winning while saying bubb a hundred times an hr.

o you shot me in the face your gonna pay bubb, whats that a flamethrower your dead bubb, you just hit me with a truck your in for it now bubb

I'm not a Wolverine fan but I can admit that he's the only mutant that can maintain his own series.
BB

#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@ivolution2k1 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

I'm not a Wolverine fan but I can admit that he's the only mutant that can maintain his own series.
BB

He can contain his own series because he is an interesting read and provides a lot of action and bloody scenes.

#27 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Time for me to draw a Gambit sketch!

#28 Posted by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, it's just going to get cancelled anyway...he ain't no Wolverine, bub. BB

This
#29 Posted by StriderNo9 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I love announces about future announcements!

#30 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

So, what is this...the third attempt at an ongoing....

I think you are right on that. Im not going to read it. Too many X-titles as it is right now.

#31 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and their stupidly annoying teasers.

#32 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, yes, yes! I think I just wet my pants with excitement!

Here, Marvel. Have my money.

Gambit is my favourite comic book character, and I've really liked his past series. He's been underused for so long that's it's about time he got his own book again. I obviously think that he's an awesome and compelling character, but I also think that he can easily hold his own series because he has so much story potential as a solo character. He has a rich "mythology" of his own, and he comes with cool supporting characters like Belladonna, Mercy, Jean-Luc LeBeau, and Courier. I love the mystical New Orleans scene he comes from, so I'm hoping this series will get him back to sweet old N'Awleans.

Now I'm just hoping that this book will get a great creative team.

#33 Posted by Zaklops (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that Gambit's getting another spin-off series. He's one of my favorite X-Men!

#34 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

it will be mine!

#35 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

the tag line should be "CANCELLED AFTER 6 ISSUES"

#36 Posted by pikahyper (11478 posts) - - Show Bio

yay !!! my fav X spin-off's have always been from Gambit :D

#37 Posted by Novaar (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally agree. There are way too many X-titles out at the moment. That said I may go against that and actually get this one as it's a character I really like!

Gambit's no Wolverine? Thank god for that. I don't mind old Sharp Claws but he's in EVERYTHING right now! Here's hoping that they don't feel the need for that many Mutton Chops cameos...(although we know they will have 'em...)

#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#39 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

I SO DIG THIS MON AMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they can explore the backstory of why he needs to constantly wear that cowl/hood/headband/neck brace contraption he wears.

#41 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: I don't know maybe Marvel is trying to go back to the 80s and 90 when the X-men were extremely popular and their was a new x-men related series coming out every month.

#42 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
meh
#43 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! Iam so getting this serie!

#44 Posted by wmwadeii (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

Miniseries I can see I've enjoyed them in the past. Not sure how much power Gambit has as a solo title.

#45 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is pretty good news

#46 Posted by zzax (50 posts) - - Show Bio

The time when just announcing a series starring Gambit (or a lot of X-men) generates excitement is long gone. Marvel has really watered down (or squandered) this character so badly recently that this announcement does nothing for me. I am not saying this series could not be good with a good creative team and an interesting take on the character. But as a marquee name makes people jump at a book, Gambit is no longer one of those.

#47 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

ohhhhh just shut up the more series the x-men get, the better.

and i prefer when is a character series with another name, example rouge's comics is x-men legacy

#48 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

when was the last time gambit got his own series? Tell me who the creative team is first and them we'll talk

#49 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2608 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good mon ami!

#50 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite my boycotting Marvel, I'm intrigued.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.