Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Is Gambit Related to Mr.Sinister???

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In x-men:the end he was a perfect clone of sinister and Remy was adopted so he doesnt know who his real parents are???

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By LoganRogue24

i thought he was a clone of sinister i read that sinister had the hots for Rogue and created Gambit to be with her or something.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By stumpy49er

God, I hope not. I prefer more realistic origins. Hate clone origins. I guess if Mr. Sinister were his real father I'd be somewhat okay with that, but then it just feels like Darth Vader and Luke.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Munsu

Don't remember anything about him being a clone having anything to do with Rogue, but yeah, in X-Men the End he was a clone of Sinister and Cyclops. Don't think that is going to be cannon in 616 though. I wouldn't mind him being Sinister's son, but it would be nice for him to have a definitive origin at least.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By fodigg

This would be the first I'd heard of a connection to Sinister.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: thier eyes look alike sometimes

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Munsu

Also I think CC's original plan for both Gambit and Sinister (which never happened btw) was that both were indented to be projections of a "hero" and a "villain" by this powerful mutant that never aged that was in the same orphanage Cyclops went to.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

It would fall really flat if Gambit was shown to be a clone of Sinister.

If some clever writer was able to incorporate Sinister's origins with creating a clone of his dead son through Gambit, that might be interesting.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@fodigg: thier eyes look alike sometimes

Well, a lot of characters are visually similar without being related.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Munsu said:

Also I think CC's original plan for both Gambit and Sinister (which never happened btw) was that both were indented to be projections of a "hero" and a "villain" by this powerful mutant that never aged that was in the same orphanage Cyclops went to.

Claremonts original plan for Gambit was that he betrays the X-Men, there is a ton of evidence that supports it but it was all retconned due to Gambit becoming a fan favorite. I have never heard of what you suggested
    Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Munsu

@cattlebattle said:

@Munsu said:

Claremonts original plan for Gambit was that he betrays the X-Men, there is a ton of evidence that supports it but it was all retconned due to Gambit becoming a fan favorite. I have never heard of what you suggested

What you said is also correct. It is just part of the abandoned plot. Here is a list of more. http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?80800-Claremont-s-Abandoned-Plots

The part where Gambit and Sinister are mentioned to be projections/byproducts of this kid mutant starts on post 12.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Munsu said:

What you said is also correct. It is just part of the abandoned plot. Here is a list of more. http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?80800-Claremont-s-Abandoned-Plots

The part where Gambit and Sinister are mentioned to be projections/byproducts of this kid mutant starts on post 12.

Aaah...the greatness that was Claremont, I can't say all the ideas are great...but most of them are good. The X-Men these days would  likely be heavily altered, which is better than the crap they are up to these days. The thing I like is that Claremont didn't care who was a fan favorite or not.......he would just do whatever he saw fit to a character.
    stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stumpy49er

@Munsu: I had heard that was Mr. Sinisters intended origin. Never knew it was supposed to be Gambit as well. I always liked the idea for Sinister, I don't think I like it for Gambit though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.