Interview: James Asmus Talks GAMBIT #1, Shower Scenes & Crossovers

• 53 results
#51 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Why should gay people be expected to tolerant of anti gay views? Why respect people who think it's okay to discriminate against you? That's utterly stupid.

I would imagine that the gay percentage of posters on comicvine is quite high. Nearly every gay guy I know read comics at one point. Barely any straight guys I know have read comics. X-Men and Batman in particular have an established and massive gay following. I just stopped frequenting DC board because of the constant religious and anti gay views. I'd hate for comicvine to go down that route. Hate shouldn't be tolerated just because someone claims it's a part of their mainstream religion. It's just wrong.

As for Mann's art of course Gambit looks hot. Everyone in a Clay Mann book looks hot and actually healthy. Nothing is too exagerrated. Gambit was flirty(sleazy) in the tv series so people would have same associations with him as people would have with Catwoman. It makes sense to go this route.

#52 Posted by Metron144 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@Botiste said:

@Metron@Metron144: You have a fair point, and I feel the same way about some characters. But you can not compare Wolverine who is an in every X-title, who is in every Avenger title, who has his own team and teams up with nearly every Marvel character, to Gambit who barely seen and poorly written in one book. To each his own, but written correctly he draws a pretty fair audience. The problem is he hasn't been written correctly since the Claremont days.

Agreed. Back during the jim lee claremont days, Gambit was among my favorite characters, then for some reason he just became "meh"

#53 Posted by IAMDIVINEVISION (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE GAMBIT !! DEFINITELY GONNA BUY THIS !!!

#TEAMGAMBIT @IAMDIVINEVISION <----- X-MEN FAN FOLLOW UP !!!

#54 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@psychoknights: Listen more is a great motto. So is lurk more! (same concept) I don't want to read any liberal or conservative arguments on here. All I want to read about here is peoples opinion on Gambit#1. Which I loved by the way. Gambit is my favorite character. Wish there was more of the cajun accent though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.