If you were an X-person would you trust Gambit again?

#1 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2662 posts) - - Show Bio

So I've always had a soft spot for Gambit. He was an X-guy when I started reading.
But let's look at the facts. He was helped Sinister with the whole Mutant Masacre thing, he was one of Apocolypses Horse Men (along with a million other Marvels) and I'm pretty sure he betrayed the X-folk at some other point. Around X-men #200'ish. Some thing to do with the Marauders.

Would you trust him again?
With his past as a thief I know at the very least I wouldn't leave my phone or wallet out of sight.

#2 Edited by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

i think you're talking about Uncanny X-men #350 it was all about them finding out that he led the Marauders to the Morlocks

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't blame him for being transformed into Death.  However, he did cause the mass slaughter of hundreds of mutants, which also resulted in the severe beating the X-Men & X-Factor took.  Gambit has also betrayed the X-Men on other occasions, even though his own agenda was for Rogue's benefit he had still left the X-Men to work with Sinister & Mystique.

He's not exactly winning points on the trustworthy scale... but the X-Men have trusted far worse characters than him (ie Sabretotth & Mystique)

#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

He's so charming, you'd have a hard time not trusting him

#5 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" He's so charming, you'd have a hard time not trusting him "
It's all in the eyes, I would trust that man what ever he said.... XD
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" @pixelized said:
It's all in the eyes, I would trust that man what ever he said.... XD "

Wait... which one?  Gambit or Gambler...?  Because I know the latter is a dodgy geezer ;D
#7 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit is awesoemso hells yeah i would trust him

#8 Posted by Scoobypuff (107 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd trust him after emma spent some time messing with his head to make sure i didn't have to worry about him.

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scoobypuff said:
" i'd trust him after emma spent some time messing with his head to make sure i didn't have to worry about him. "
So the only way to trust someone is to have them psychically lobotomised by the former White Queen of the Hellfire Club?  Yeah, that sounds rational... ;p  But it's nice to know you trust Emma ;)
#10 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Final Arrow said:
" @pixelized said:
It's all in the eyes, I would trust that man what ever he said.... XD "
Wait... which one?  Gambit or Gambler...?  Because I know the latter is a dodgy geezer ;D "
Both but Gambler has a silk tongue.
#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: I don't want to know how you know that... *is disturbed* ~_~
#12 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit wasn't fully aware of what he was getting himself into with the Marauders. When Gambit realized his mistake, he tried to save the Morlocks (only able to save one). 

#13 Posted by likalaruku (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me a backstabber, but I always side with the hot guy. Mwahahaha.

#14 Posted by boffie (10 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit never meant for ennyone to get hurt and he allways had a reason for what he did!!! soo I'd have a hard time tusting him spesialy whit thos eyes but I'd tottalty do it... I mean the boy is good at the bottom!  
and then i agrey whit likalaruhu he's sooooo hot!!!
#15 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

ok call me the paranoid guy in the team but all you guys way too trusting, let me start off I love Gambit but they guy going to betray me or leave me to die if the thing get rough I know that for sure

#16 Posted by Power NeXus (9849 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how the X-Men get off shunning him because of what he did. Emma was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, and now she's trusted so much that she's sleeping with the X-Men's leader. Namor has tried to destroy Earth's surface world more times than I even remember, and they've been practically begging him to stay around on Utopia. Wolverine has done more sh!+ in his life than the rest of them combined, but he's included as a member in pretty much every X-team (and most of the non X-teams) in the Marvel universe, and everybody trusts him with their lives. 
Hope I don't start a flame war here by quoting from the Bible, but I can't help but be reminded of the words "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Most of the X-Men have absolutely no right whatsoever to judge another man based on the actions of his past.

#17 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how Rogue still trusts him somewhat, i'll trust him.

#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, if I were an X-Man, I would never have trusted him in the first place.

#19 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12475 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? 
They trust in psycho drinker with bad hair cut Wolverine, he is mad and could go crazy and kill every X Men for no reason.

#20 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Personally, if I were an X-Man, I would never have trusted him in the first place. "
I don't think I would trust any of the X-Men. Half the team has turned evil at some point, if not more.
#21 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

No I would not.

#22 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"I don't think I would trust any of the X-Men. Half the team has turned evil at some point, if not more. "
Many of them were trustworthy to begin with though. Gambit never was.
#23 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Nobody said:
"I don't think I would trust any of the X-Men. Half the team has turned evil at some point, if not more. "
Many of them were trustworthy to begin with though. Gambit never was. "

Thats why i trut him, the other were honest men, the honest men are the dangerous ones, they go crazy and kill people for no reason. 
Gambit is safe for that reason. 
Also i am the only that hate Wolverine Haircut?
#24 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" Gambit is safe for that reason"
Have you been reading Second Coming? Gambit isn't very safe to be around right now.
#25 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:
@Korg said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" Gambit is safe for that reason"
Have you been reading Second Coming? Gambit isn't very safe to be around right now. "
Still i do think for mad or wrong he does, i could actually trust less on him that i trust in Wolverine or other X Men
#26 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" Still i do think for mad or wrong he does, i could actually trust less on him that i trust in Wolverine or other X Men "
So you're saying you would trust him less than Wolverine? Or more? This sentence is kind of hard to make sense of, no offense intended.
#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:
I some times dont understand myself. 
I say, that if you trust the X Men, you have to trust Wolverine, Cyclops, Charles Xavier and so many other guys. 
And that Wolverine is a psycho, you can not trut Wolverine or Xavier after all the crazy thing he does. 
Gambit is not Worst that this two.
#28 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" Wolverine is a psycho, you can not trut Wolverine or Xavier after all the crazy thing he does. Gambit is not Worst that this two. "
I would trust Wolverine and Xavier over Gambit any day. Wolverine has never willingly betrayed the X-Men. He has been brainwashed more than a few times, and his berserker outbursts are dangerous, but personality-wise, Wolverine is much more trustworthy. Same with Xavier. He has erased people's memories, and imprisoned a sentient machine, this is true. He erased those memories because they were incredibly painful, and I for one, would have thanked him for it. Danger turned out to be incredibly dangerous, which is what Xavier was a afraid of. He eventually made amends with Danger anyway, and convinced her to join him willingly.
#29 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12475 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:
Xavier send Hulk to the Space,
He actually create a plan to kill i think every mutant or every X Men. 
I dont think anyone could trust Xavier.
#30 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" @Korg: Xavier send Hulk to the Space,He actually create a plan to kill i think every mutant or every X Men. I dont think anyone could trust Xavier. "
Xavier didn't send Hulk into space. He was not a part of the Illuminati when that decision was made, and even if he had been, it wasn't a unilateral decision. The Xavier Protocols were a bad idea, but only because he didn't secure them properly. It's incredibly practical to have a way to neutralize mutants if they go rogue, they're pretty dangerous individuals. I would trust Xavier, and a lot of the X-Men still do. I think his character has been seriously mishandled over the past few years, but that's another story.
#31 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" I would trust Xavier, and a lot of the X-Men still do. I think his character has been seriously mishandled over the past few years, but that's another story. "
Nail on the head.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.