Be killed off  

Start dating some new, Psylocke, Emma or one of new students 

Have his own mini series again, have it last for a year or so 

Established a new X-Men team with Storm, X-23 and Jubilee 

Turn bad for a while 

Join the Avengers  

Lead his own X-Men team  

Leave the X-Men  

How many of you would be upset or happy about it?
#2 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@time: Are you going for some sort of quest or something? Why are you spamming the boards with the same questions for different X-Men characters?

My responses:

Marry Rogue or raise a child with Rogue: Only if the Rogue's powers killed the child halfway through the pregnancy and Gambit blamed her for it. Drama drama.

Be depowered: He's already been vastly boosted and then depowered after the New Sun storyline. I don't see what value totally depowering him would do considering he could just carry dynamite and a gun and be exactly the same.

Be killed off: Cheap drama there. 

Start dating some new, Psylocke, Emma or one of new students: It'd be interesting if his mentoring of X-23 took a dark turn, but I wouldn't want that to happen for the sake of X-23's character, which needs a positive role model.

Have his own mini series again, have it last for a year or so: He's had it. It's been canceled more than once.

Established a new X-Men team with Storm, X-23 and Jubilee: More Jubilee is always a good thing. Especially if she gets her powers and thus becomes the most sparkley vampire ever.

Turn bad for a while: He started bad and flirted with bad and went bad etc etc etc already. It's been overdone with him.

Join the Avengers: They wouldn't have him.

Lead his own X-Men team: Nah. That would be out of character.

Leave the X-Men: They don't need him so why not?
#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll answer in a sec but as far as spamming goes I don't think what she is doing is bad. Makes us think about the characters and gives us something to do while we are here roaming the site. 

#4 Posted by time (4967 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

@time: Are you going for some sort of quest or something? Why are you spamming the boards with the same questions for different X-Men characters?

My responses:

Marry Rogue or raise a child with Rogue: Only if the Rogue's powers killed the child halfway through the pregnancy and Gambit blamed her for it. Drama drama.

Be depowered: He's already been vastly boosted and then depowered after the New Sun storyline. I don't see what value totally depowering him would do considering he could just carry dynamite and a gun and be exactly the same.

Be killed off: Cheap drama there. 

Start dating some new, Psylocke, Emma or one of new students: It'd be interesting if his mentoring of X-23 took a dark turn, but I wouldn't want that to happen for the sake of X-23's character, which needs a positive role model.

Have his own mini series again, have it last for a year or so: He's had it. It's been canceled more than once.

Established a new X-Men team with Storm, X-23 and Jubilee: More Jubilee is always a good thing. Especially if she gets her powers and thus becomes the most sparkley vampire ever.

Turn bad for a while: He started bad and flirted with bad and went bad etc etc etc already. It's been overdone with him.

Join the Avengers: They wouldn't have him.

Lead his own X-Men team: Nah. That would be out of character.

Leave the X-Men: They don't need him so why not?

They are questions ask for diifferent characters to see what people may think or like, there are some different questions there too.
#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
Marry Rogue or raise a child with Rogue 
 - Don't marry her, but raising a kid would be cool to see. 
Be depowered  
 - I'd be angry.
Be killed off  
  - I'd be really angry.
 -I'd like to see him with Psylocke, but no Emma. He's too old for the new students.
 -I'd read it.
 -Add Wolverine, Colossus, and AoA Nightcrawler and it would be the best X-team ever.
Turn bad for a while 
 -I don't like evil Gambit. I like  deceitful  Gambit better :)
Join the Avengers  
 -The Secret Avengers would be a cool fit for him.
Lead his own X-Men team  
 -I'd read that. 
Leave the X-Men  
 -Well he's not doing anything for them right now, so what'd be the difference? He should be a solo hero anyway.

#6 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

If he married Rogue, I'd be cool with it. Not something I'm rooting for though. Raising a child would be interesting, I could see Rogue adopting a child and raising it with Gambit.
Be depowered  
 That would be lame. Wouldn't like it. Though he'd still be utilized as a thief.
Be killed off  
  I'd be ANGRY!!!!!!! Then I'd wait patiently  for him to be brought back.
 Psylocke would be cool. Emma wouldn't make much sense. Don't know the new students too much. I'd be down for him to start a new relationship.
 I'd sing Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy for hours! Hours!!!!!!!
 I'd read it, since he's in it. But wouldn't be all that excited.
Turn bad for a while 
 Again? Isn't that what he does from time to time? I'd rather he not though.
Join the Avengers  
 Why would he? As mentioned, he might work on the Secret Avengers.
Lead his own X-Men team  
 That'd be cool. But he's not the leader type. Course, neither is Wolverine.
Leave the X-Men  
 Wouldn't mind. It fits. Just so long as he's in a comic book.

#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (11462 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not

#8 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. He and Rogue don't need to be anywhere near each other any more.
  2. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, given the fact that its company policy at Marvel to eff up all my favorite characters.
  3. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, given the fact that its company policy at Marvel to eff up all my favorite characters.
  4. He and Psylocke have never liked each other; it wouldn't make any sense for him to hook up with Emma; he's to old to date one of the students.
  5. I don't want it unless its done well and progresses the character.
  6. I don't want it unless PAD writes it.
  7. That would suck.
  8. Not his style. His fluid sense of morality would conflict with their ideals.
  9. I don't think he would want that responsibility. If he did, it would have to be a team similar to Gambit and the X-Ternals--a team that specializes in infiltration and theft.
  10. I'd like that because the X-franchise is a giant cluster****.
#9 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio
I actually think that both of these would be interesting scenarios. They've been on and off for ages now, and I know a lot of people are tired of their relationship altogether, but I think seeing them happy together for awhile at least would be refreshing since they've already been apart for so long. Having him settle down for a change would certainly be something new, and so would fathering and raising a child, and I can't see him doing either one of these things with anyone other than Rogue. There's all sorts of interesting stories that could be derived from this scenario.

Be depowered  
He's already been temporarily depowered once, so meh. It's already been done. 

Be killed off  
I'd be seriously upset, because he's my favourite Marvel character

I'd rather see him get back together with Rogue, but I wouldn't mind a new relationship either as long as Rogue remains unavailable. Psylocke would make a great match for him, given than they'd be able to but their past tension behind them, but she's already got her hands full with Archangel and Fantomex. Remy/Emma could only end up a disaster. I can't think of a good match for him out of the new students.

Oh yes, please! Gambit is so underused right now. He's only used as a supporting character in most X-books and hardly gets any character developement at all. All he gets to do in X-Men: Legacy is reacting to Rogue's behaviour, even though he's been a regular character for several issues now. He's been great in the X-23 solo series, but he's only a supporting character in that series as well (which, of course, is understandable, it being some other character's solo series and all). The best way to get him back into the spotlight as an active character and being featured in storylines of his own would be getting him his own miniseries again.

Sounds like a dream team to me! They're all awesome characters, and I love the way they all interact with Gambit (and amongst themselves - I love the sisterly/friendly/rivalry relationship Jubilee and X-23 have right now). So much ass would be kicked if this team graced the Marvel universe with its glorious existence.

Turn bad for a while 
Gambit has always walked the line between "good" and "bad". That's one of the things that make him fascinating; he's chivalrious and heroic, but unpredictable, and unafraid to strike deals with unreliable people when the situation calls for it. I'd like to see him remaining ambiguous in that respect.  

Join the Avengers 

I don't give a toss about the Avengers, so no.

Lead his own X-Men team  

Gambit would make a terrible X-Men leader. The idea does have that train wreck-y appeal, though.

Leave the X-Men 

I wouldn't mind him leaving the X-Men, as long as he wouldn't leave the actual X-books. That could be the beginning of an interesting subplot. Frankly, I'm just dying to see him doing distinguishable again.
#10 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@time said:

Id like to see him in maybee X-Force.  Something a little darker for Remy!               

#11 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

There are to many of these "If ________ was going to?" threads about the X-Men which I think were all from you, there isnt really a need for them.......a few of them of which were locked....

#12 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47 said:
There are to many of these "If ________ was going to?" threads about the X-Men which I think were all from you, there isnt really a need for them.......a few of them of which were locked....
I enjoyed this one.
#13 Posted by Kentotron (9 posts) - - Show Bio

End it with Rogue, stay buds, and MOVE THE HELL ON.

Be depowered   
Dumb. There are so many creative things that he could do with his powers that haven't been explored yet.

Be killed off   
Weak, since he's got a huge following and his real potential hasn't been tapped because of his eye rolling relationship with Rogue.

No, NO, and HELL NO. Date someone else from the Marvel U! It's huge! Get him out there interacting with the rest of the world. He should go on dates, plural, with Spider-Woman or Songbird or Black Cat! He should be single for a change.

Not unless it's someone like Marjorie Liu, who's the only writer that seems to write him in a way that makes any sense. Way to be, Liu. 

I can see him as a Malcolm Reynolds type of leader, but he'd be a lousy leader of any kind of X team. Unless the X-Men's new MO was stealing s###, in which case, I'd read the hell out of that book.

Turn bad for a while  
Been done. Time to be a hero and let everyone else know it too.

Join the Avengers  
  I think the fact that he is explicitly NOT their type would make him an awesome element to that crew. Plus, he'd have more opportunity to rub shoulders with the rest of the Marvel U. Double plus, he could finally get a new costume that doesn't have a stupid coat or sock thing around his head and face. Seriously. I'm not the ONLY ONE that hates the coat and head sock, am I?

Lead his own X-Men team   
Leave the X-Men.

Leave the X-Men 
LEAVE THE X-MEN. For the love, please leave them.

#14 Edited by RazielWraith (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want him to do three things, be an anti-hero (kill the bad guys), leave Rogue (it's too far gone now for them to make up and be happy) and leave the X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.