Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

IF a Gambit Solo Film came out.....

Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Sheep-Kill

So we all finally saw Gambit on the big screen in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.   Some may have not been pleased with the character and some were.  I could understand that threw all the views of all the Gambit fans.  For me as a fan of the character, it was good just to finally see him on the screen after the last 3 X-Men films in which he was never shown, only mentioned by name, and numerous times he was given a scene in one of the three films but later written out in the final script.

Since the X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out, talks have been going on about solo films with Gambit and one with Deadpool.  I say why the hell not. Both Gambit and Deadpool are some of the greatest characters in the X-Men universe and they should have there stories told in depth with action as well a emotion with a kickass script not like the scripts that have been thrown into most Marvel films which I will not name (cough cough! Spider-Man 3! Cough!X-Men: Last Stand, Cough! GHost Rider! COUGH!!)

As a fan, I am so up for a Gambit film.  If they were to start in production of a Gambit film,  I would like a story that they would go further into his past but not in like a cheesey flash back sort of way.  It should be set in that one time.  I would like to see where it takes place right after the Wolverine film and where he bumps into Mr. Sinister and gets involved in the Mutant Massacre.  Give it a real gothic and morbid tone.  With great action of course.  

What do you the fans think would make a great solo film for everyone's favorite Cajun Thief?
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

This would be badass if it actually happens. Theres alot of Gambit's history that would serve as great plots for a solo flick.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

YES!

Having Sinister an the Massacre in a movie would be freaking awesome

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TOAA
    Gambit to me was awesome. He really reminded me of Doc Holiday from Tombstone. I thought he was great and if he had his own movie using the same characterization that they used in Origins, I would be extremely pleased. 
    Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Lady Tlieso

I think Gambit would make a great subject for a full length movie. He's got a great history full of interesting stories.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Vindellavon

Only of Taylor doesn't play him; that kid made the bloody Cajun look like a girl throughout all his screentime, and the accent was borderline trash. If they drop him fro someone who can actually protray the character correctly, then I'm good to go.

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TOAA
    Vindellavon said:
    "Only of Taylor doesn't play him; that kid made the bloody Cajun look like a girl throughout all his screentime, and the accent was borderline trash. If they drop him fro someone who can actually protray the character correctly, then I'm good to go. "
    Someone has some rage. He did not look at all like a woman. The accent was not trash, it was southern. That was the only problem and it doesn't even matter.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
    I wouldnt mine seeing a Remy solo film
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Korg

This would be a waste of a film budget. I'd rather they make a movie that will actually be successful.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the Vica

I don't think he's quite popular enough to get his own movie.

I mean, Deadpool is in pretty much everything nowadays, and Wolverine is literally in everything, but Gambit? Outside of the X-Men he hasn't had many appearances...

I'd much rather see an older Remy alongside the X-Men if they make another film.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

If Gambit had a solo film, I probably wouldn't see it. I like Gambit, but I could care less to see him on the big screen. The movie would fail, just like every solo series he's ever had

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TOAA
    inferiorego said:
    "If Gambit had a solo film, I probably wouldn't see it. I like Gambit, but I could care less to see him on the big screen. The movie would fail, just like every solo series he's ever had"
    Ouch. But true unfortunately. 
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#14  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    TOAA said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "If Gambit had a solo film, I probably wouldn't see it. I like Gambit, but I could care less to see him on the big screen. The movie would fail, just like every solo series he's ever had"
    Ouch. But true unfortunately. 
    "
    sometimes you just have to be honest
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cracks

I don't even think that a Gambit film will be made because few people know of him. More people know of Logan.  I actually don't think that there is much of a future for live action X-Men films.

LOL.

LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LauraX23
    @Gambler said:
    "This would be badass if it actually happens.."
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cracks

Mr. Sinister and the Marauders should appear. That would be quite interesting. 

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By loganreme

@cracks said:

"Mr. Sinister and the Marauders should appear. That would be quite interesting.  "

Agreed.....Sinister would be awesome on screen...and Remy too! What more can a girl ask for :)

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Id enjoy this, though I don't trust them to even come close to doing it right.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By G'bandit

Gambler would audition for the role :P

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @G'bandit said:
    "Gambler would audition for the role :P "

He wouldn't get it..........................................racism 

Anywho, Storm could be his sidekick
    azmoday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By azmoday
    @TOAA said:
    " Gambit to me was awesome. He really reminded me of Doc Holiday from Tombstone. I thought he was great and if he had his own movie using the same characterization that they used in Origins, I would be extremely pleased.  "

Hey TOAA, thats so cool that u said that .. i just recently watched Tombstone and Doc holiday reminded me of GAMBIT .... if they made a movie similar to that feel ..with Gambit played with that Doc holiday kinda feel.. would be amazing
    Gambit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit007

@G'bandit
    said:

"Gambler would audition for the role :P "

LOL and if there ever was a Gambit solo film, i wish they would have him fight the hulk and then this will happen
    grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By grimlock

A gambit film wld be awesome. the problem is getting the right guy for the role. WWE's Edge would make an very wicked gambit he should take up the role

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.