Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4681 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

How would you feel about a Gambit tv series with Josh Holloway?

LuffyDUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By LuffyDUzumaki

If not Josh then who?

What do you think the plot of the show would revolve around?

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @luffyduzumaki:  Well Josh is a little old i think for Gambit on a tv show. He looks great yeah but I'd go with the younger equally good-looking Ben Barnes 

No Caption Provided
    Nikki Reed as Rogue. I think Reed has the right attitude, and can definitely be a convincing sweet but bad-ass Southern Belle. 
    No Caption Provided
    Melissa George as Candra, this character should definitely be included on a Gambit show 
    No Caption Provided
    crj25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By crj25

I think it should be a squad co-lead by Rogue and Gambit being sent from utopia to do missions pertinent to the mutant community and for the big bad it can be Candra or Nathaniel Essex/ Mister Sinister. It can play off of the unresolved sexual tension between rogue and gambit (i.e Castle or Bones) but instead of police they're superheroes. I think it should be set in as close to Marvel Universe continuity that can be accomplished on television. For the squad i would have:  

Gambit: As the big gun of the group
    Rogue: As gambit's love interest/ co-leader of the group
    Trance: As somewhat of an apprentice to rogue 
    Cypher or Danger: As mission control 
    And Karima Shapandar a.k.a. Omega Sentinel: as a governmental liaison and to keep the group in check

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Ian Summerholt was in lost and he looks more like Gambit, he evn does this Torunament film where he show he could be funny, have charisma and thet he is good looking.
    He and Adkins where the thing that savde that movie.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

Josh is too old now, but 10 years ago hell yes

Nothing was wrong with Taylor Kitsch except he could have developed his accent more, he probably didn't worry about too much being he was in the movie for like 10 mins.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    @cattlebattle said:
    Josh is too old now, but 10 years ago hell yes  Nothing was wrong with Taylor Kitsch except he could have developed his accent more, he probably didn't worry about too much being he was in the movie for like 10 mins.
    He was cools for a cameo or few second, but for the main character you need something else.
    He was a good Gambit, but there is other guys that could do better.
    Matthew Bommer from White Collar looks the type, but the main problem is that he is makinga gambit style character.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    Josh is too old now, but 10 years ago hell yes  Nothing was wrong with Taylor Kitsch except he could have developed his accent more, he probably didn't worry about too much being he was in the movie for like 10 mins.
    He was cools for a cameo or few second, but for the main character you need something else. He was a good Gambit, but there is other guys that could do better. Matthew Bommer from White Collar looks the type, but the main problem is that he is makinga gambit style character.
    Man.....in another place, in another time, we must of been brothers, because once again, I had that same thought when I watched that White Collar show years ago

I believe that Josh Halloway was approached to be Gambit in X3, be he refused because his "sawyer" charcter on Lost was a similar character. Like Bommer might

Taylor Kitsch could probably carry a movie, he's great on Friday Night Lights, and be honest if people like Owen Wilson and Ryan Reynolds can carry a movie, I'm sure he could
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    @cattlebattle said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    He was cools for a cameo or few second, but for the main character you need something else. He was a good Gambit, but there is other guys that could do better. Matthew Bommer from White Collar looks the type, but the main problem is that he is makinga gambit style character.
    Man.....in another place, in another time, we must of been brothers, because once again, I had that same thought when I watched that White Collar show years ago  I believe that Josh Halloway was approached to be Gambit in X3, be he refused because his "sawyer" charcter on Lost was a similar character. Like Bommer might  Taylor Kitsch could probably carry a movie, he's great on Friday Night Lights, and be honest if people like Owen Wilson and Ryan Reynolds can carry a movie, I'm sure he could
    Actually there is a small cameo from Gambit, sduring a Magneto scene you could see a guy with a Bo sStaff, it looks actuallyhe and Omega Red were part of the original plot, until they decide to change it.
    I am a Deadpool fan and i belive the movie will be carry by Deadpool, not by Ryan, i mean, since the GL thing, i notice the love for Ryan is not enough to carry a movie.
    Actually i think Kitsch could be a better Eric Draven The Crow that a Gambit.
    Also is amazing to see White Collar, since thats pretty much Gambit, just without powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.