His southern Drawl

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Gambit, I love his powers, love his look, love everything about him. But, and its a big one, I hate the way he speaks. I hate reading it in comics. The spelling and blatant typos annoy me...him and Rogue too! "ah mean come he're shuga"

Gross.

Their Children are destined for disaster

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Gambit would do more bad for Emma then he would good. i think she'd go back to her devious ways. Anyway, I dont mind his accnt, i just hate reading it. In parenthesis they should have [in a creole accent] followed by his speech.

Rogue is a man.

I care not what anyone says, Rogue has male body parts....lol...i clearly dislike her

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his 'accent', it's just as much part of his character as John Constantine's Liverpool accent lol

M

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

He's creole, personally I think the accent is as much a part of his character as the cards are. I've never been a fan of the Gambit/Rogue love soap opera and would much rather see him with Emma Frost.

I don't see them ever having kids (in the current 616 Universe) but there was an alternate reality where they did. The story was amazing. Its the only time I've liked them as a couple. There's a great fight scene towards the end where Gambit is holding onto his kids (defending them) and fighting at the same time. Cool stuff.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"I like his 'accent', it's just as much part of his character as John Constantine's Liverpool accent lol M"

Nothing against his accent, its just reading it becomes bothersome, or maybe i'm illiterate. idk... him and rogue....gross... Say that they have an accent in parenthisis and then say their speech. lol

#6 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHA thats funny (about Rogue) I don't dislike her as a character, I just hate the on again off again, Gambit chancing after her, her chancing after Gambit love spat they've been dwelling on for the last 10 years.

Of course he'd be bad for Emma thats what makes it so good :D

I also agree (somewhat) on reading his accent. But I'm use to it now.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"HAHAHAHAHA thats funny (about Rogue) I don't dislike her as a character, I just hate the on again off again, Gambit chancing after her, her chancing after Gambit love spat they've been dwelling on for the last 10 years. Of course he'd be bad for Emma thats what makes it so good :D I also agree (somewhat) on reading his accent. But I'm use to it now."

I do agree about the rogue/gambit relationship. I see him more with Ororo or Psylocke. Someone that would balance him out more, you know?

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke maybe, Storm......I hate her but they have been close on a couple of occasions. She's the one who brought Gambit into the X-Men.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

For reals? I didnt know that....Psylocke is a good pair with anyone...Anyway, Someone needs to change the way they right for Gambit or give him non speaking parts, which i'm absolutely fine with. lol

#10 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

twitch I... suppose... everyone deserves to have their own... fair opinions...

trying so hard... not to freak out and scream Rogue and Gambit forever... heh... and I love their accents. True it's a little difficult to read, but I've always have a thing for trying out new accents myself XD so it helps me get it right.

And please... please don't call Rogue a man X_x...please?

Oh, one more thing. His accent is Cajun, Rogue's the one with the mississippi southern drawl I believe.

#11 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

I love his Accent.

#12 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"I love his Accent."

YaY someone agrees with me ^-^

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it as well, just like i like Psylockes, Storms, and Firestorms..i just dont like reading it

#14 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, well that's understandable, if you're not used to it, it's rather difficult to translate

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

and the random french thrown in there.
and i'm reading uncanny x-men #2374594820-239023 and Gambit has a line where he says "Hola"
Like really, are we for real? will korean pop up next issue?
Post Edited:2008-03-28 20:07:50
Post Edited:2008-03-28 20:08:17

#16 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like that Gambit is one of the very few remotely Francophone characters in comics.

#17 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

love gambit, love his accent (hate rogues) & the thought of gambit & psylocke together is more than i can ever hope for.

#18 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly...they balance each other out...i agree..kill off that man rogue
Post Edited:2008-03-28 20:31:27

#19 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

X_x Rogue is not a man and she's awesome.

And I like the random french in there, of course I actually understand it considerring in Ontario we have to take french until grade nine.

#20 Posted by Roguegirl (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont understand why the gambit fans hate rogue she is awsome and the real gambit fans would like rogue becouse gambit likes her to and ROGUE IS NOT A MAN,she is a sexy x-women

#21 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

What I really hate is how writers seem to think, "Oh, people who speak French randomly throw in 'N'est-ce-pas' and 'Oui' and 'Mon ami' in the middle of sentences" .

No, they don't. They never have, they never will.

#22 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I don't see them ever having kids (in the current 616 Universe) but there was an alternate reality where they did. The story was amazing. Its the only time I've liked them as a couple. There's a great fight scene towards the end where Gambit is holding onto his kids (defending them) and fighting at the same time. Cool stuff."

"

I don't know how "in continuity" it is, but one of the kids in the recent "NeXt Gen", or "Gen NeXt" or whatever the hell it's called is Rogue's and Gambit's kid, which confuses me because the Colossus in that series is the "real" Colossus' grandson. How the hell old is Gambit and Rogue, and how old is Colossus?

Anyway, I've never liked Gambit, sorry fans. I just find him obnoxious. Rogue has the potential to be hot sometimes, but is usually just a big disappointment...

#23 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Gambit I believe is immortal or somewhat like it (as far as aging goes) I'm not sure theres something about the Immortals in his solo title. And in Bishops future Gambit is the Witness and is old as hell. So I think at the very least he has an expanded lifespan.

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by likalaruku (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I always has a theory that Bunny Rabbot from the Sonic comics was a blatant blend of Gambit & Rogue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.