hey who is GAMBIT?

Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio

hes with Marauders 
hes with the X-men 
hes also with theives 

who is Gambit really?      is he good ?or is he BAD? 

well just asking xD

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is a hero, but he just finds himself in situations where he's gotta do a bad thing.... It's complicated.

See, when he was a youngin' he couldn't control his powers, so he went to Mr. Sinister for help. He helped him, but to pay him back, Gambit had to join the Marauders and participate in the mutant massacre. He's shown regret for that. Then he joins the X-Men and everything's ok for a while. Then somewhere down the line Apocalypse takes a hold of him and makes him his horseman, Death. Death Gambit finally goes back to his regular self, but I believe it was with the help of Sinister again. He then helps Sinister during the Messiah CompleX. I haven't kept up with him after that, but I think he rejoined the X-Men more recently. (If someone could tell me what happened there, I'd appreciate that lol)

Oh, and he's a thief because that's how he grew up. He's a professional thief. It's not like he does it anymore though, but when the situation calls for it (like if the X-Men needed something that was vital in saving the world and they needed someone to retrieve it, Gambit could be sent on that job.)

#2 Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: wow dude thanks! 

do you know that I created this blog forum thingy is because 
I saw you on a forum ?
#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol no problem

#4 Posted by Gammbitt (133 posts) - - Show Bio

He tried to stop the mutant masacre after he found out what it really was, later sinister undid the surgery to unlock gambits power wich he then used to return to the present and owed sinster for that, so he help acquire baby hope during the messiah complex. he and mystique double crossed sinister killing him and curing rouge afterward gambit went back to the x-men. as of now he is teamed up with x-23 helping her sort out her life. Gambit an x-23 are two of my favorite x-men and now they have a team up :) for now anyways

#5 Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gammbitt: i stiill really dot know about gambit 
coz hes done many bad things before.... and so i still dont trust that dude
#6 Posted by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is a beast.   That's who he is =)

#7 Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra: reasons please....?
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@theundead said:
" @Ashra: reasons please....? "
It's in reference to his skills and abilities, I believe. 
#9 Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: HI MISS HUNTRESS FUN YOU COMMENTED IN HERE
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@theundead: Hi. 
#11 Edited by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

" @theundead: Hi.  "

EOWWWW  SO WASSUP MISS HUNTRESS????
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@theundead: Nothing much. 
#13 Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: WADDAYA MEAN BY NOTHING MUCH????  
MISS HUNTRESS...
#14 Posted by Ashra (674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra said:
" Gambit is a beast.   That's who he is =) "
Right.  Basically I just love his character.  His whole persona.  From his skills and powers down to his eyes and that accent.  He and Storm are my two favorite X-characters. 
#15 Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ashra: yeahhh love the eyes toooo
#16 Posted by Gammbitt (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@theundead:  its not that he does bad things hes just doing the missions hes giving, he never knows wat hes doing is wrong till its to late
#17 Posted by theundead (100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gammbitt said:
" @theundead:  its not that he does bad things hes just doing the missions hes giving, he never knows wat hes doing is wrong till its to late "
okay but hes still done bad things right?????
#18 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is a complex character. He has a desire to do good which often conflicts with his upbringing.

#19 Posted by Gammbitt (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@theundead: he doing the wrongs things for the right reasons. but he is a good guy
#20 Posted by spikevalentine (131 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, Gambit is a guy that is trying to keep things together while he is falling apart.

#21 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

He is good it is just that he has been mislead I mean when you wind up with no one , the first person you meet you look up to them. Therefore that person influences you like in Gambit's childhood I guess . He is trying to make up for his mistakes I believe. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.