Gambit Movie?

#1 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, there was a rumor, before the X Men Origins: Hi i am Hugh Jakcman, and i will destroy Deadpool and Gambit, because, people love them and people should only love Wolverine.
I know is weird, but there was a plan about this movie, or he just will be rememebr, for being on that horribly bad Wolverine movie?

#2 Posted by Edamame (28006 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: They could show his involvement with Sinister's Marauders. I doubt that it would be marketable, though.
#3 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Actually, they could mix his first Ultimate Storyline with the Marauders, you just change the little girl for Marrow and Sinister as the main villian.
I mean, Martial Arts, hot chicks, gambling, mutants and experiments.
How does dont sound as an awesome movie?
#4 Posted by Edamame (28006 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" @Edamame: Actually, they could mix his first Ultimate Storyline with the Marauders, you just change the little girl for Marrow and Sinister as the main villian. I mean, Martial Arts, hot chicks, gambling, mutants and experiments. How does dont sound as an awesome movie? "
I would love it.  Let's tell the movie directors to get started. LOL
#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

I have heard that there was a movie to be made about him but I haven't heard anything since then.

#6 Posted by Edamame (28006 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" I have heard that there was a movie to be made about him but I haven't heard anything since then. "
It may be in the same situation that the Magneto Origins movie is in.
#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" I have heard that there was a movie to be made about him but I haven't heard anything since then. "
It may be in the same situation that the Magneto Origins movie is in. "
I don't think that they will make the Magneto Origins movie. I remember reading somewhere that the movie was "absorbed" by the new X-Men movie.
#8 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
I don't think that they will make the Magneto Origins movie. I remember reading somewhere that the movie was "absorbed" by the new X-Men movie. "
Oh, cmnon, what is the problem with Marvel, one day Deathlok will have his own, movie, but no movie about Gambit or Magneto?
#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
I don't think that they will make the Magneto Origins movie. I remember reading somewhere that the movie was "absorbed" by the new X-Men movie. "
Oh, cmnon, what is the problem with Marvel, one day Deathlok will have his own, movie, but no movie about Gambit or Magneto? "
The excuse for not having a Magneto Origins movie was that since his origin will be covered in the new X-Men movie, an origin movie about him won't be needed. As for the Gambit movie, I have no idea if they are gonna do it after all. They are considering doing a movie with Deathlok?
#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
Oh, cmnon, what is the problem with Marvel, one day Deathlok will have his own, movie, but no movie about Gambit or Magneto? "
The excuse for not having a Magneto Origins movie was that since his origin will be covered in the new X-Men movie, an origin movie about him won't be needed. As for the Gambit movie, I have no idea if they are gonna do it after all. They are considering doing a movie with Deathlok? "
Yes, IMDB say they wish to make one about Deathlok.
#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
The excuse for not having a Magneto Origins movie was that since his origin will be covered in the new X-Men movie, an origin movie about him won't be needed. As for the Gambit movie, I have no idea if they are gonna do it after all. They are considering doing a movie with Deathlok? "
Yes, IMDB say they wish to make one about Deathlok. "
Thanks.
#12 Edited by Edamame (28006 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

" @Edamame said:

" @ComicMan24 said:
That is true, but I would love to see a live action film based off of the Magneto Testament story arc. 
#13 Edited by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:

" @ComicMan24 said:

" @Edamame said:

" @ComicMan24 said:
That is true, but I would love to see a live action film based off of the Magneto Testament story arc.  "
It would be nice to see this but I guess they will show us his origin in the new movie, so the Magneto movie becomes redundant for them.
#14 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

well .. i would watch it :)

#15 Posted by HellionVulcan (3457 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" @Edamame: Actually, they could mix his first Ultimate Storyline with the Marauders, you just change the little girl for Marrow and Sinister as the main villian. I mean, Martial Arts, hot chicks, gambling, mutants and experiments. How does dont sound as an awesome movie? "
Indeed but he is owned by fox which means a screwed up film like Origins ... ?_?
#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan said:
Indeed but he is owned by fox which means a screwed up film like Origins ... ?_? "
It depends if they put Rouge inside, yes the movie will suck, if not it could en as an amazing action movie.
#17 Posted by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

Marauders FTW :DDD

#18 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid Anarchy said:
" Marauders FTW :DDD "
Yeah they have a cool name
#19 Posted by slimgamer (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd still watch it!  Hugh Jackman should still make an appearance.

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

A Gambit movie would be awesome. Gambit was the only thing cool about the Wolverine movie.  

They should definitely do a Mauraders story with Sinister as the villain. Maybe have an appearance by Marrow. 

Would Taylor Kitsch return for the part? I mean, he looks the part, but he wasn't really all that. His accent's gotta be thicker. Oh and his eyes should be red all the time. Not just when he's using his powers. 

#21 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@slimgamer said:

" I'd still watch it!  Hugh Jackman should still make an appearance. "

Why?
@Gambit1024 said:

" A Gambit movie would be awesome. Gambit was the only thing cool about the Wolverine movie.   They should definitely do a Mauraders story with Sinister as the villain. Maybe have an appearance by Marrow.  Would Taylor Kitsch return for the part? I mean, he looks the part, but he wasn't really all that. His accent's gotta be thicker. Oh and his eyes should be red all the time. Not just when he's using his powers.  "

I like Taylor, but i think they need to make him look more like Gambit, i mean, Gambit is a martial artist, what mean he need to have a good body and also the accent could be explained, it could be a prequel/sequel to the Wolverine movie.
The first part of the movie is the experiment that make him look like in the Wolverine movie and the second make him look, like the Gambit that everybody loves.
#22 Posted by RiddlingGambit (204 posts) - - Show Bio

A Gambit movie would be pretty cool if done right. The biggest issue would be casting Gambit. Taylor Kitsch is unacceptable for a starring role (he was okay in a cameo role). The story could be one of several key Gambit stories (Sinister & the Marauders/ the Thieves & Assassins guild/ The New Sun/ The Witness & Bishop/ Remy & Rogue/ his first encounter with Storm & the Shadow King). It could also just be a completely new story that tells of his true origin (maybe it could be Mr. Sinister who made him, or not), or the movie arc could be how he goes from a shady womanizing expert mutant thief to a valiant & risky superhero with a heart of gold.

#23 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

I say cast Jeff Hardy (yes the wrestler) as Gambit because they're both Southern, both agile as hell, around the same height, both darkhaired, both rebels & mysterious, plus Jeff has been seen using pipes & all sort long Reminiscent style weapons (pun intended) plus Jeff talks like kinda like Gambit all you gotta do is teach him some french
#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987 said:
" I say cast Jeff Hardy (yes the wrestler) as Gambit because they're both Southern, both agile as hell, around the same height, both darkhaired, both rebels & mysterious, plus Jeff has been seen using pipes & all sort long Reminiscent style weapons (pun intended) plus Jeff talks like kinda like Gambit all you gotta do is teach him some french "
What?????? 
@RiddlingGambit said:
" A Gambit movie would be pretty cool if done right. The biggest issue would be casting Gambit. Taylor Kitsch is unacceptable for a starring role (he was okay in a cameo role). The story could be one of several key Gambit stories (Sinister & the Marauders/ the Thieves & Assassins guild/ The New Sun/ The Witness & Bishop/ Remy & Rogue/ his first encounter with Storm & the Shadow King). It could also just be a completely new story that tells of his true origin (maybe it could be Mr. Sinister who made him, or not), or the movie arc could be how he goes from a shady womanizing expert mutant thief to a valiant & risky superhero with a heart of gold. "
My idea so far, is his origin, the Marauder and his first Ultimate Storyline, Taylor does a good job, the problem, is that in Wolverine Originas, was like a Musical about Wolverine and his feeling, was a soap opera.
#25 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000:
Lol how about that one guy from Haven? He's a good a choice
#26 Posted by Vitality (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Holloway from LOST was original cast as Gambit when they were going to use the character in the X-men movies.
#27 Edited by stumpy49er (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnathon Schaech from Little Chenier: A Cajun Story would make a great Gambit. He's a good actor, he looks the part and he can pull off a Cajun accent.
Here's a link to the movies trailer:
http://youtu.be/kxyMG8awtt0

#28 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4356 posts) - - Show Bio

A Gambit movie would be spectacular!

#29 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@stumpy49er said:
Johnathon Schaech from Little Chenier: A Cajun Story would make a great Gambit. He's a good actor, he looks the part and he can pull off a Cajun accent. Here's a link to the movies trailer: http://youtu.be/kxyMG8awtt0
That guys dont look like Gambit at all.
#30 Edited by stumpy49er (605 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: Really? Why not?
I mean he's tall, in good shape, fairly lean and he's a good looking guy. I don't think Gambit needs to be a straight up pretty boy like Taylor Kitsch. Better if he's a rugged, handsome type, like the main guy in that movie.
(no gay)
(not that there's anything wrong with it)
:)
#31 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit was the only good thing in the Wolverine movie IMO. I would LOVE to see a Gambit movie though.

#32 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see a Gambit movie. Just as long as the don;t do as bad of a job at picking an actor for him like they did in Wolverine Origins. I was totally disappointed with Gambit in that movie.

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@stumpy49er said:
@DeathpooltheT1000: Really? Why not? I mean he's tall, in good shape, fairly lean and he's a good looking guy. I don't think Gambit needs to be a straight up pretty boy like Taylor Kitsch. Better if he's a rugged, handsome type, like the main guy in that movie.(no gay) (not that there's anything wrong with it) :)
I dont feel him to Gambit, the main problem is that the only two actor i can see in that role are famous thanks to TV. 
And one is playing "Gambit" in a tv series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.