Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Gambit, immune to telepaths?

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TelekineticSun

I was looking up Gambit here on Commicvine and I came across something I was not aware of. It's the fact that Gambit is immune to telepaths.

"Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths."

Firt off
    I was wondering if this was true?
    Then
    When has he been show doing this?
    Who has tried to use telepathy on Gambit and failed?
    How far does this immunity go?
    Has anyone been able to perform any type of tepethic attacks on him, such as projecting illusions in his head, hitting him with mind blasts or persuasive thought pushing?
    Has Charles Xavier or Mr. Sinister ever been able to use their telepathy on Gambit?

Thanks to anyone that can help me out on the matter.

ManOfTomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ManOfTomorrow

I remember seeing him explain that in an issue of Gambit (I think), just further evidence of how bad@$$ he is!!!

Avatar image for danimal350z_hotmail_com
    danimal350z@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By danimal350z@

Charles Xavier was quoted in saying that trying to read Remy's mind was like trying to hold onto a greased snake. LOL 
    I like to think that Gambit has more of innate ability to repel telepathic intrusion. Mainly from the Kenetic Energy he can tap into from his body. But I honestly don't think he is immune to telepaths. Its just a pain in  he a$$ for them. Plus Remy has certain thoughts he keeps in his mind just in case someone decides to take a peek.  (Like a totally naked Blob LMAO)
    And as far as Sinister is concerned, Remy is scared shietless fo that guy. I think Sinister could get into Remy's head just from shear intimidation. Course I would be scared of that crazy mother F'er too.

But all this also raises another question for me. As a big Gambit fan. New Son. An altnerate reality version of Remy. But this guy is completely surrounded by pure kenetic energy. I wonder if he is completely immune to telepaths. Course he also lives outside of time and reality, so could they even get to him anyway? lol But I fear I may just be ranting so I will shut up for now.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By castleking
    gambit is reasonably resistant to telepaths with his normal kinetic energy that surrounds his body... but their are times when his natural resistance fails him. Xavier claimed although it would be difficult he could force his way through gambits natural barriers but that it woiuld not be pleasant for either of them. another example of gambit and his TP immunity is when he snucked back into the X mansion after being kicked out for his involvement with the morlock massacre, gambit placed a charge card to his head to hide his thoughts and presence from Xavier and jean's scans.
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By bioghost

didn't the the cuckoo sister read his mind during messiah complex?
    I remember that they were looking for sinster and emma point it out to look for gambit since he near him and pinpoint his location.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IcePrince_X

i think he is not immune he just know how to dodge from mind readers.

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TelekineticSun
    @castleking:
    Do you know what comic Xavier claimed that in?
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By castleking

No Caption Provided

Catracio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Catracio

It is not true immunity. He can be read. His energy that he himself always exerts... hints his glowing eyes and the aura that is sometimes seen.  It creates a minor electrostatic field This field is a simple barrier that any telepath that tries can bypass. Xavier, Rogue, Jean, X-man, Sinister, The Cuckoos, Emma Frost, Mastermind, and Mesmero have all overcome this barrier to read him at different points. It can also be a weakness. When exposed to extremely powerful electric feilds his mind can become jumbled in a way it shortens his temper and loosens his control on his powers. 

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TelekineticSun

Cool! Thanks everyone.
    Thanks for the scan castleking.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stormultt

i think its like immunity turned (on) or (off) at will

kankywompous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kankywompous
    @bioghost said:
    " didn't the the cuckoo sister read his mind during messiah complex?I remember that they were looking for sinster and emma point it out to look for gambit since he near him and pinpoint his location. "

Actually, they didn't read his mind. They used cerebro to locate his specific mutant signiture since they couldn't lock onto the baby.
    Lydian Sel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lydian Sel
    @danimal350z@hotmail.com said:

" Charles Xavier was quoted in saying that trying to read Remy's mind was like trying to hold onto a greased snake. LOL  I like to think that Gambit has more of innate ability to repel telepathic intrusion. Mainly from the Kenetic Energy he can tap into from his body. But I honestly don't think he is immune to telepaths. Its just a pain in  he a$$ for them. Plus Remy has certain thoughts he keeps in his mind just in case someone decides to take a peek.  (Like a totally naked Blob LMAO) And as far as Sinister is concerned, Remy is scared shietless fo that guy. I think Sinister could get into Remy's head just from shear intimidation. Course I would be scared of that crazy mother F'er too. But all this also raises another question for me. As a big Gambit fan. New Son. An altnerate reality version of Remy. But this guy is completely surrounded by pure kenetic energy. I wonder if he is completely immune to telepaths. Course he also lives outside of time and reality, so could they even get to him anyway? lol But I fear I may just be ranting so I will shut up for now. "

That's always the stance I took with Gambit. Like, for any gamers on here, Atton Rand in KOTOR 2 Gambit's mind was difficult to penetrate for circumstantial reasons relating to his crippling guilt, stream of consciousness, & the general ideal that he's a sly cajun scoundrel who can charm anybody with a grin.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By castleking
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

That's cool, I had no idea he had that ability. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.