Gambit cast in X-Men Origins: Wolverine film

• 87 results
#51 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Gambler says:
"Midnight Shadow says:
"Will someone please just explain to me how in the world Gambit fits in to Wolverine's Origins!? If they try to throw him in just to have him, it's going to totally screw up anything they try to pull with Rogue and Gambit in X4 if they do one. Actually, it'll probably just screw up Gambit. If he doesn't have the Cajun drawl, I'm one Southern girl who will be very upset. Death to the writer and actor who do not give Gambit a Cajun drawl. Rogue and Gambit must be together. They're just perfect. Throwing Gambit in with Wolverine and Deadpool during WeaponX time frame makes him too old for her. It's just wrong!
Post Edited:2008-02-23 11:09:27"
Anything that keeps Gambit and Rogue apart is Aces in my book :P"

laughing oooooh... playing with fire there, Gambler! Gambit and Rogue are a pretty popular couple... I'd say that pretty quietly if I were you! :D"

Hahaha oops :p

But thats the thing, are they really a couple? I mean he loves her, but she's dealing with her powers, she loves him, but he's gone and turned himself into a Horsemen. Its always something. Even in MC she just ups and leaves him behind. At some point they just gotta call it quits. (my opinion :P)

Moderator Online
#52 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"LexiCat says:
"Gambler says:
"Midnight Shadow says:
"Will someone please just explain to me how in the world Gambit fits in to Wolverine's Origins!? If they try to throw him in just to have him, it's going to totally screw up anything they try to pull with Rogue and Gambit in X4 if they do one. Actually, it'll probably just screw up Gambit. If he doesn't have the Cajun drawl, I'm one Southern girl who will be very upset. Death to the writer and actor who do not give Gambit a Cajun drawl. Rogue and Gambit must be together. They're just perfect. Throwing Gambit in with Wolverine and Deadpool during WeaponX time frame makes him too old for her. It's just wrong!
Post Edited:2008-02-23 11:09:27"
Anything that keeps Gambit and Rogue apart is Aces in my book :P"
*laughing* oooooh... playing with fire there, Gambler! Gambit and Rogue are a pretty popular couple... I'd say that pretty quietly if I were you! :D"
Hahaha oops :p But thats the thing, are they really a couple? I mean he loves her, but she's dealing with her powers, she loves him, but he's gone and turned himself into a Horsemen. Its always something. Even in MC she just ups and leaves him behind. At some point they just gotta call it quits. (my opinion :P)"

Oh I agree with you! I just wanted to tease you.. :D It would be nice if the writers would let one X-Couple make it.. I mean Scott and Jean? Rogue and Gambit? I don't count Kitty and Piotr, considering I hate that couple.. But you know? I see a trend. Not a good one, either.

#53 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Scott and Emma make it. But if not, I would love to see Emma end up with Gambit.

ducks for cover :P

Moderator Online
#54 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

Maverick is in it too.

#55 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

So far its

Maverick

Sabretooth

Stryker

Wraith

Gambit

Silver Fox

Blackwing

Moderator Online
#56 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

You forgot Deadpool.

#57 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"Cool.You forgot Deadpool."

No I didn't, I just don't like em lol

Moderator Online
#58 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutha...

They better put Silver Samurai up in there.

#59 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas was going to be Wraith. Please tell me that's a joke.

#60 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Hopefully Scott and Emma make it. But if not, I would love to see Emma end up with Gambit. *ducks for cover :P*"

You like to live dangerously, don't you? :D giggle

And Cobalt, I haven't heard.. In truth I'm not keeping up with this movie. They hacked up the first 3 X-Films, don't see this one being really any better. It's not like we got to watch X-Men. We got to see Wolverine, starring some others in costume.

#61 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Gambler says:
"Hopefully Scott and Emma make it. But if not, I would love to see Emma end up with Gambit. *ducks for cover :P*"
You like to live dangerously, don't you? :D *giggle* And Cobalt, I haven't heard.. In truth I'm not keeping up with this movie. They hacked up the first 3 X-Films, don't see this one being really any better. It's not like we got to watch X-Men. We got to see Wolverine, starring some others in costume. "

I couldn't have made the comment about the x-movies any better even if I tried really hard.

#62 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"LexiCat says:
"Gambler says:
You like to live dangerously, don't you? :D *giggle* And Cobalt, I haven't heard.. In truth I'm not keeping up with this movie. They hacked up the first 3 X-Films, don't see this one being really any better. It's not like we got to watch X-Men. We got to see Wolverine, starring some others in costume. "
I couldn't have made the comment about the x-movies any better even if I tried really hard."

Cobalt, those films disappointed me so much. Kitty Pryde was played by a different person in each film. She had no part in the first two and her part in the third film was as a plot device to show Bobby being a two-timer. sigh Yeah, the running away from Juggernaut was cool, but c'mon.... She's like one of the oldest, best known X-Men and that's as good as they could do with her? I won't even go into how they hacked the rest of them. It was just disappointing, all around. Plain and simple.

#63 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Cobalt says:
"LexiCat says:
"Gambler says:
I couldn't have made the comment about the x-movies any better even if I tried really hard."

Cobalt, those films disappointed me so much. Kitty Pryde was played by a different person in each film. She had no part in the first two and her part in the third film was as a plot device to show Bobby being a two-timer. sigh Yeah, the running away from Juggernaut was cool, but c'mon.... She's like one of the oldest, best known X-Men and that's as good as they could do with her? I won't even go into how they hacked the rest of them. It was just disappointing, all around. Plain and simple.

"

Yup Yup

Moderator Online
#64 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt even like their costumes. didnt like the use of their powers, except kurt and scott, they were ok. but they should just call do-over and remake every one of those movies. if they recast who would you keep and who would you toss out? or should that be another thread?

#65 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd keep the core group. Toss out Beast, Angel, Kitty and maybe even Pyro. Bring in Gambit. And its all good :)

Moderator Online
#66 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol he's too smarmy and didn't they have like twenty something years of xmen before gambit ever showed up? but i was talking about the actors really. like i like halle but she's too short to be storm and i like what's his name but he's too tall to be wolverine...

#67 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
"lol he's too smarmy and didn't they have like twenty something years of xmen before gambit ever showed up? but i was talking about the actors really. like i like halle but she's too short to be storm and i like what's his name but he's too tall to be wolverine..."
Sonnova, no need to start hatin on my boy Apple :P and yes, those 20 years sucked :D The only actors I would change would be Frazier F'n Crane, and Halle I cant Act Berry."

lol all 20 years??

i would definitely get rid of frazier, i never liked beast anyway so i'd get rid of the whole character. but poor halle. i dont like her as storm but i do think she's a good actress when she has something to work with.

#68 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lol he's too smarmy and didn't they have like twenty something years of xmen before gambit ever showed up? but i was talking about the actors really. like i like halle but she's too short to be storm and i like what's his name but he's too tall to be wolverine..."

Sonnova, no need to start hatin on my boy Apple :P and yes, those 20 years sucked :D

The only actors I would change would be Frazier F'n Crane, and Halle I cant Act Berry.

Moderator Online
#69 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
"Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
Sonnova, no need to start hatin on my boy Apple :P and yes, those 20 years sucked :D The only actors I would change would be Frazier F'n Crane, and Halle I cant Act Berry."
lol all 20 years?? i would definitely get rid of frazier, i never liked beast anyway so i'd get rid of the whole character. but poor halle. i dont like her as storm but i do think she's a good actress when she has something to work with."
Hahaha well I dont know. I dont care for any of the old time X-Men stories. But I hear the old timers talking about em like they where the greatest thing since sliced bread :P Have you seen that new Halle movie, well its not new new but it has Bruce Willis in it? Thats actually pretty good."

no i havent seen that yet but i definitely want to. its gotta be at blockbuster by now

#70 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Gambler says:
"Apparition says:

lol all 20 years??

i would definitely get rid of frazier, i never liked beast anyway so i'd get rid of the whole character. but poor halle. i dont like her as storm but i do think she's a good actress when she has something to work with."

Hahaha well I dont know. I dont care for any of the old time X-Men stories. But I hear the old timers talking about em like they where the greatest thing since sliced bread :P

Have you seen that new Halle movie, well its not new new but it has Bruce Willis in it? Thats actually pretty good.

Moderator Online
#71 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler, why would you want Gambit in any of the X-Films? Considering that Wolverine was meant to be the star in all of them. You really think you'd have seen much of him? Or would he have gotten a cameo like the entire rest of the team?

#72 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

Hahaha well I dont know. I dont care for any of the old time X-Men stories. But I hear the old timers talking about em like they where the greatest thing since sliced bread :P

Part of it is nostalgia, I'll admit that. But part of it is great storytelling. Yeah, the dialog may read as cheesy to younger folks nowadays, same as Silver Age comics read as cheesy to me back when I was the age of most of the people here. But the stories were tight. Pick up any Claremont-Bryne, Cockrum, Smith, or Romita comic and compare it to Brubker or Carey's storytelling. It's tight, cohesive. It doesn't feel like the story is disorganized and all over the place. Even moments of character devlopment feed into the story rather than being an aside.

Plus, because of a stronger editorial department, you didn't have the continuity errors plaguing the books like you do now.

And the fights, the fights were actually choreographed. How many fights in comics now a days are not just splash pages of people beating on one another? And playing with a character powers didn't used to be about power boosts or switching powers around, it was about using their existing powers in imaginative ways.

1975 to 1985 produced some of Marvel's greatest story arcs, stuff the newer writers have gone back and adapted and reworked because it was just so damn good. I mean, how many times have they retold the Dark Phoenix Saga or Days of Future past? Don't you think if they had better ideas, they would have written them rather than revisiting old story arcs?

But there is an inherent difference in the way comics are written and drawn now from the 1970's 1980's and 1990's, something I tired to open up a discussion on a couple weeks ago. It's literally a different Age of comics we're looking at now and some of us older readers are having a hard time adjusting to it.
Post Edited:2008-03-01 23:18:34

#73 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Gambler, why would you want Gambit in any of the X-Films? Considering that Wolverine was meant to be the star in all of them. You really think you'd have seen much of him? Or would he have gotten a cameo like the entire rest of the team?"

I'd rather have a cameo of Gambit then Angel anyday. I liked X-2 to be honest. Even seeing Gambit's name on the computer screen was cool. I didn't mind Wolverine being the star.

Moderator Online
#74 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"LexiCat says:
"Gambler, why would you want Gambit in any of the X-Films? Considering that Wolverine was meant to be the star in all of them. You really think you'd have seen much of him? Or would he have gotten a cameo like the entire rest of the team?"
I'd rather have a cameo of Gambit then Angel anyday. I liked X-2 to be honest. Even seeing Gambit's name on the computer screen was cool. I didn't mind Wolverine being the star."

last stan was a pile of crap.... it was the worst in the trilogy and didn't even fit in with the other two.

#75 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Gambler says:
Part of it is nostalgia, I'll admit that. But part of it is great storytelling. Yeah, the dialog may read as cheesy to younger folks nowadays, same as Silver Age comics read as cheesy to me back when I was the age of most of the people here. But the stories were tight. Pick up any Claremont-Bryne, Cockrum, Smith, or Romita comic and compare it to Brubker or Carey's storytelling. It's tight, cohesive. It doesn't feel like the story is disorganized and all over the place. Even moments of character devlopment feed into the story rather than being an aside. Plus, because of a stronger editorial department, you didn't have the continuity errors plaguing the books like you do now. And the fights, the fights were actually choreographed. How many fights in comics now a days are *not* just splash pages of people beating on one another? And playing with a character powers didn't used to be about power boosts or switching powers around, it was about using their existing powers in imaginative ways. 1975 to 1985 produced some of Marvel's greatest story arcs, stuff the newer writers have gone back and adapted and reworked because it was just so damn good. I mean, how many times have they retold the Dark Phoenix Saga or Days of Future past? Don't you think if they had better ideas, they would have written them rather than revisiting old story arcs? But there is an inherent d for eifference in the way comics are written and drawn now from the 1970's 1980's and 1990's, something I tired to open up a discussion on a couple weeks ago. It's literally a different Age of comics we're looking at now and some of us older readers are having a hard time adjusting to it.
Post Edited:2008-03-01 23:18:34"

pania i totally agree with you but times haev changed in the last twenty years: comics need to chaneg to suit the audience.

arcs suck as the dark phoenic sage were great but present arcs haev been just as good: deadly genesis or MC for example.

and x-factor is a work of brilliance.

#76 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, do not speak to me of Messiah CompleX, that was so riddled with continuity errors, plot holes, dropped storylines, and bad characterization....

It had a ton of potential, but it came out such a mess.

And Deadly Genesis was a cheap retcon that unceremoniously bumped off two longstanding X-Characters was plot devices to establish "Whiny Emo Boy of the Universe" as a bad @$$. I got a question, if Bru is such a damn genius, why couldn't he find a way to introduce Vulcan without retconning X-Men history? Did he he feel he had to make Vulcan the third Summer's brother because he was such a lame character otherwise? His powerset is essentially Exodus, Bru couldn't even come up with an original background.

There are good story arcs in the M.U. nowadays, X-Factor, for one, Astonishing, Civil War, House of M, New X-Men. You might have an arguement on whether they have told stories as good as the Clarmont-Bryne arcs (though those arguments will ultimately fail because DPS and DOFP have both gone down as some of the finest story arcs Marvel has ever produced, period) but Messiah CompleX and Deadly Genesis are not among them.

Post Edited:2008-03-02 09:51:58

#77 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Pania... which two characters are you talking of "Banshee" and who else?

I think Deadly Genesis was great and i do not want to argue. Vulcan has potential to be a good character.

New X-men and X-Factor are the best no question about it. X-Force is looking to be great also. Astonishing is mediocre to good but not great.

Civil War and House Of M were rubbish adn in two years the marvel universe was totally fucked up soo... i have no clue why ur saying that they are good when you critise messiah complex. Those two tie-ens severely limited the variety of arcs so in a way its the arcs that u liek that make the ones u hate seem rubbish to you.

#78 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning Omega says:

"@ Pania... which two characters are you talking of "Banshee" and who else?

Corsair.

I think Deadly Genesis was great and i do not want to argue. Vulcan has potential to be a good character.

Yet he wasn't a good character when he was written, and despite all the panel time he had had...he still is "whiny emo boy of the galaxy". Christ Jeezus, he just needs to be smacked upside the head by his aunt saying "GET OVER IT!". Rachel had a far, far worse life than Vulcan could have ever imagined.

New X-men and X-Factor are the best no question about it. X-Force is looking to be great also. Astonishing is mediocre to good but not great.

That one is arguable, I agree. Whedon's pacing is slow, and the stories are "old school", very straight forward. Nothing crossing over with anything and very encapsulated. However, they are completely new stories (instead of going back and retconning the past), and the character devlopment and dialog is awesome.

Civil War and House Of M were rubbish adn in two years the marvel universe was totally fucked up soo... i have no clue why ur saying that they are good when you critise messiah complex. Those two tie-ens severely limited the variety of arcs so in a way its the arcs that u liek that make the ones u hate seem rubbish to you."

I'm not happy the way thing have gotten screwed up in the M.U. either. But there is a difference between creative choices and good or bad writing.

I was not happy about the results of House of M or Civil War, but I can read those stories and say "That was well written". The story was cohesive, there were no plot holes or continuity errors, the characterization was good, the dialog was well written, so on.

I came on here before and outline my issues with Messiah CompleX:

1. Scott's out of character behavior and jumping to stupid conclusions. Cable was hardly the only character with access to the X-Lab who could manipulate nanites. What about Danger or Malice/Karima? Why would faking one’s death automatically indicate bad intentions to anyone in the X-Crowd? Like none of them have ever faked their deaths, or died. Basically all Scott had to go on was the fact that Cable had saved the baby from the Purifiers and the Marauders. Not exactly incriminating evidence. So why would Scott jump to a conclusion of guilt, and to an extreme that he orders the death of his own son, without trying to find out what the heck was happening?2. Then there is the power mongering hissy fit Cyclops threw at Xavier. Scott and Logan used to hate each other with a capital “H”, yet Scott never let it interfere with the work. He has never turned down input from others, including Logan, when it was useful. Heck, in God Loves, Man Kills, Cyclops worked with Magneto, a man he had practically been raised to hate. Why has this changed now of all times, when the X-Men needed to band together more than ever? Why has the one leader the X-Men have had who is always cool under fire completely lost it?3. And then there is sending X-Force, none of whom even had a long distance attack, up against one of the M.U.'s most powerful and combat-experienced telekinetics, that carries firearms. Just what were they supposed to do to him when they found him? I don't even think Speedball is that stupid.4. Emma's telepathy being more powerful than Xavier’s (Xavier has never been able to shield the team from telepaths from thousands of miles away, not without cerebro in any case), yet not working whenever it was convenient to the plot, such as not detecting Surge having a screaming fit of rage only a few doors down and nor detecting that the New X-Men had left the mansion, and not being able to tell that Bishop was lying (or using tech to block her). Is it because her power only works outside of a certain radius now?5. Xavier not trying to stop the New X-Men from going after the Purifiers. Yes, he has been a jerk, but he’s hasn’t been that big of jerk in a long, long time.6. Sinister being killed by Mystique. That was completely ridiculous. Not only does Sinister’s morphing abilities make it impossible for someone to grab him and force his head down, given that he himself is the most conniving character in the X-Verse, with plots that span centuries, not only has he himself betrayed people, putting cons over on Apocalypse and the High Evolutionary, but in Messiah CompleX he had just failed to deliver his end of a bargain he had made with a character who has betrayed almost everyone she has ever worked with: Mystique. He would have seen her betrayal coming a mile away. Please do not tell me the “she took him by surprise!” excuse, Sinister has morphed around bullets and Cyclops’ optic blasts. Unless you are trying to tell me Mystique is faster than a speeding bullet, that death was completely implausible.7. Second Jamie dupe? What second Jamie dupe? Oh that one, we'll just deal with him later....Good Lord, even Claremont hasn’t left a dangling plotline that big.8. Predator X, whose role turned out to be utterly pointless.9. Siryn being involved by finding the Predator's X first victim, and then just seeming to forget about it.10. "We've come for Rogue and the baby...but we'll just leave Rogue behind, she's really not all that important anyway." Have the X-Men ever left a team member in captivity like that? Have they ever seemed to care less about a team member being in captivity?12. The Souldagger should not work on Karima/Malice, or anyone else in that adventure. The Souldagger was formed in the same way the Soulsword was. The Soulsword only worked on spells and magical beings. The only time it harmed someone who was not magical was Illyana’s soul-twin, Kitty Pryde, whom it could harm even when she was phasing. Karima is, of course, not magical, and all of Malice’s bios state that she is a mutant, a psychic entity like the Shadow King. She is not magical. The Souldagger should not have been able to harm anyone in that story.13. Cable has had, yet again, his telepathy removed. Yet in one issue, it is stated that he is telepathically “blindsiding” Emma so she can’t tell where he has gone. So not only can Marvel writers not be bothered to keep things straight from years ago, but they can’t even be counted on to keep events that have occurred within the last year in mind?14. And let’s wrap up with Baby Jane McGuffin, who was never explained or had any role beyond being something for everyone to chase after (at least the Keymaster in Matrix: Reloaded had a purpose), leaving me to wonder why the heck did I just sit through all this. How was any of what happened supposed to give any kind of hope? Just how does that child ensure the future of the mutant race? We're expected to go and buy the Cable series if we want to find out why all these characters died and the X-Tiles got reorganized? Because I have been given no reason to care about the baby, I don’t care about the baby and so will not be buying the Cable series.

So whether or not the fights are good or I like the direction the X-Men are taking or not, Messiah CompleX was a crappily written story. Yeah, sure every crossover has a flaw or two, Civil War had Reed Richard's crappily mis-characterization, House of M was paced badly, but they weren't complete messes like Messiah CompleX.

Deadly Genesis did not have as many flaws, but the the entire premise of "Krakoa wasn't sentient after all, Xavier faked it"..was just nonsensical. I mean logically, it made no sense.

Post Edited:2008-03-02 11:32:59

#79 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Lightning Omega says:
"@ Pania... which two characters are you talking of "Banshee" and who else?
Corsair.
Yet he wasn't a good character when he was written, and despite all the panel time he had had...he still is "whiny emo boy of the galaxy". Christ Jeezus, he just needs to be smacked upside the head by his aunt saying "GET OVER IT!". Rachel had a far, far worse life than Vulcan could have ever imagined.
That one is arguable, I agree. Whedon's pacing is slow, and the stories are "old school", very straight forward. Nothing crossing over with anything and very encapsulated. However, they are completely new stories (instead of going back and retconning the past), and the character devlopment and dialog is awesome.
Civil War and House Of M were rubbish adn in two years the marvel universe was totally fucked up soo... i have no clue why ur saying that they are good when you critise messiah complex. Those two tie-ens severely limited the variety of arcs so in a way its the arcs that u liek that make the ones u hate seem rubbish to you."
I'm not happy the way thing have gotten screwed up in the M.U. either. But there is a difference between creative choices and good or bad writing. I was not happy about the results of House of M or Civil War, but I can read those stories and say "That was well written". The story was cohesive, there were no plot holes or continuity errors, the characterization was good, the dialog was well written, so on. I came on here before and outline my issues with Messiah CompleX:
1. Scott's out of character behavior and jumping to stupid conclusions. Cable was hardly the only character with access to the X-Lab who could manipulate nanites. What about Danger or Malice/Karima? Why would faking one’s death automatically indicate bad intentions to anyone in the X-Crowd? Like none of them have ever faked their deaths, or died. Basically all Scott had to go on was the fact that Cable had saved the baby from the Purifiers and the Marauders. Not exactly incriminating evidence. So why would Scott jump to a conclusion of guilt, and to an extreme that he orders the death of his own son, without trying to find out what the heck was happening? 2. Then there is the power mongering hissy fit Cyclops threw at Xavier. Scott and Logan used to hate each other with a capital “H”, yet Scott never let it interfere with the work. He has never turned down input from others, including Logan, when it was useful. Heck, in God Loves, Man Kills, Cyclops worked with Magneto, a man he had practically been raised to hate. Why has this changed now of all times, when the X-Men needed to band together more than ever? Why has the one leader the X-Men have had who is always cool under fire completely lost it? 3. And then there is sending X-Force, none of whom even had a long distance attack, up against one of the M.U.'s most powerful and combat-experienced telekinetics, that carries firearms. Just what were they supposed to do to him when they found him? I don't even think Speedball is that stupid. 4. Emma's telepathy being more powerful than Xavier’s (Xavier has never been able to shield the team from telepaths from thousands of miles away, not without cerebro in any case), yet not working whenever it was convenient to the plot, such as not detecting Surge having a screaming fit of rage only a few doors down and nor detecting that the New X-Men had left the mansion, and not being able to tell that Bishop was lying (or using tech to block her). Is it because her power only works outside of a certain radius now? 5. Xavier not trying to stop the New X-Men from going after the Purifiers. Yes, he has been a jerk, but he’s hasn’t been that big of jerk in a long, long time. 6. Sinister being killed by Mystique. That was completely ridiculous. Not only does Sinister’s morphing abilities make it impossible for someone to grab him and force his head down, given that he himself is the most conniving character in the X-Verse, with plots that span centuries, not only has he himself betrayed people, putting cons over on Apocalypse and the High Evolutionary, but in Messiah CompleX he had just failed to deliver his end of a bargain he had made with a character who has betrayed almost everyone she has ever worked with: Mystique. He would have seen her betrayal coming a mile away. Please do not tell me the “she took him by surprise!” excuse, Sinister has morphed around bullets and Cyclops’ optic blasts. Unless you are trying to tell me Mystique is faster than a speeding bullet, that death was completely implausible. 7. Second Jamie dupe? What second Jamie dupe? Oh that one, we'll just deal with him later....Good Lord, even Claremont hasn’t left a dangling plotline that big. 8. Predator X, whose role turned out to be utterly pointless. 9. Siryn being involved by finding the Predator's X first victim, and then just seeming to forget about it. 10. "We've come for Rogue and the baby...but we'll just leave Rogue behind, she's really not all that important anyway." Have the X-Men ever left a team member in captivity like that? Have they ever seemed to care less about a team member being in captivity? 12. The Souldagger should not work on Karima/Malice, or anyone else in that adventure. The Souldagger was formed in the same way the Soulsword was. The Soulsword only worked on spells and magical beings. The only time it harmed someone who was not magical was Illyana’s soul-twin, Kitty Pryde, whom it could harm even when she was phasing. Karima is, of course, not magical, and all of Malice’s bios state that she is a mutant, a psychic entity like the Shadow King. She is not magical. The Souldagger should not have been able to harm anyone in that story. 13. Cable has had, yet again, his telepathy removed. Yet in one issue, it is stated that he is telepathically “blindsiding” Emma so she can’t tell where he has gone. So not only can Marvel writers not be bothered to keep things straight from years ago, but they can’t even be counted on to keep events that have occurred within the last year in mind? 14. And let’s wrap up with Baby Jane McGuffin, who was never explained or had any role beyond being something for everyone to chase after (at least the Keymaster in Matrix: Reloaded had a purpose), leaving me to wonder why the heck did I just sit through all this. How was any of what happened supposed to give any kind of hope? Just how does that child ensure the future of the mutant race? We're expected to go and buy the Cable series if we want to find out why all these characters died and the X-Tiles got reorganized? Because I have been given no reason to care about the baby, I don’t care about the baby and so will not be buying the Cable series.
So whether or not the fights are good or I like the direction the X-Men are taking or not, Messiah CompleX was a crappily written story. Yeah, sure every crossover has a flaw or two, Civil War had Reed Richard's crappily mis-characterization, House of M was paced badly, but they weren't complete messes like Messiah CompleX. Deadly Genesis did not have as many flaws, but the the entire premise of "Krakoa wasn't sentient after all, Xavier faked it"..was just nonsensical. I mean logically, it made no sense.
Post Edited:2008-03-02 11:32:59"

not being a dick but....

corsair died in "rise and fall" not actually in deadly genesis and rachel is vulcan's niece not aunt.

#80 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

House of M was brilliant. My favorite arc since AoA. Haterz :P j/k
Post Edited:2008-03-02 12:13:37

Moderator Online
#81 Posted by Vance Astro (91117 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Gambit to be in Wolverine.He should have been in X-3.And they should have made him a major character.Why does Gambit get the shaft.F#ck Wolverine.Gambit should get his own damn movie.

#82 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I don't want Gambit to be in Wolverine.He should have been in X-3.And they should have made him a major character.Why does Gambit get the shaft.F#ck Wolverine.Gambit should get his own damn movie."

Maybe he will if he steals the show in the Wolverine movie.

Moderator Online
#83 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I don't want Gambit to be in Wolverine.He should have been in X-3.And they should have made him a major character.Why does Gambit get the shaft.F#ck Wolverine.Gambit should get his own damn movie."

Maybe he will if he steals the show in the Wolverine movie."

that's a lovely thought but i wonder how big his part will be.

#84 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:

that's a lovely thought but i wonder how big his part will be. "

I know :( god I hope they don't f him up.

Moderator Online
#85 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84528 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"Gambler says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:

I know :( god I hope they don't f him up."

yeah me too. i'm trying to not get my hopes up on that though. i am looking forward to seeing him in something that doesn;t involve him with rogue. "

Hahahaha me to. Watch her show up :O

Moderator Online
#86 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:

yeah me too. i'm trying to not get my hopes up on that though. i am looking forward to seeing him in something that doesn;t involve him with rogue.

#87 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"Gambler says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:

yeah me too. i'm trying to not get my hopes up on that though. i am looking forward to seeing him in something that doesn;t involve him with rogue. "

Hahahaha me to. Watch her show up :O"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

#88 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"not being a dick but....corsair died in "rise and fall" not actually in deadly genesis and rachel is vulcan's niece not aunt."

No, not being a dick at all. You're quite right, I was just on a roll and didn't stop to think it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.