Gambit cast in X-Men Origins: Wolverine film

• 87 results
#1 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we all know how I feel about this.

#5 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I saw that when I checked around. (Liev Schrieber as Sabertooth?)

Comicbookmovie.com confirms the TV guide article.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4286.asp

The IESB has been able to confirm with studio sources that Friday Night Lights star Taylor Kitsch will be playing Remy LeBeau.

But these just went up today, so it maybe that IMDB hasn't updated yet.

#6 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek_the_lost says:

"Gambler says:
"I think we all know how I feel about this."

angry?"

Hell no. I don't care that Gambit isn't apart of Wolverine's Origin (in the Marvel U) I waited through 3 X-Films to see Gambit and now it looks like its gonna happen. The movies aren't cannon anyway and usually take alot of liberties. Nope I'm glad Gambit's finally making his big screen debut.

#7 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope movies don't become cannon. With more and more writers whining about continuity and taking cues from other media sources (X-23 which came from X-Men Evolution, Morrison writing Magneto as a protest against Ian McKellen's protrayal), things could get very confused.

#9 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

I agree. Like in Messiah Complex when Xavier is fixing Cable, they drew him to look like the movie version (Patrick Stewart) I didn't care for that.

Yeah, the lines are starting to blur and that bugs the heck out of me because a bunch of studio people who know next to nothing about these characters or their history when they make the films are starting to influence how they are portrayed on panel. It should work the other way round.

It really, really scares me in the case of the Magneto film, since Goyer seems to think he is directing Hannibal Rising.

Post Edited:2008-02-20 00:52:47

#10 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"I hope movies don't become cannon. With more and more writers whining about continuity and taking cues from other media sources (X-23 which came from X-Men Evolution, Morrison writing Magneto as a protest against Ian McKellen's protrayal), things could get very confused. "

I agree. Like in Messiah Complex when Xavier is fixing Cable, they drew him to look like the movie version (Patrick Stewart) I didn't care for that.

#11 Posted by G-Man (19221 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#12 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"zero edge says:
"http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Wolverine.htmThat site's been reliable for me, it gets news from multiple sources. It even has Deadpool rumored in it lol... "

Uhm...so do we. I posted this earlier: http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/1440/news/&newsId=699

"

Nice. I've never seen Friday Night Lights, but I have to admit I'm hyped about this. I also like Ryan Reynolds as a possible Deadpool candidate. But I'm also lost as to how Gambit fits into Wolverine's past. I can see them making the jump with Deadpool, seeing as how he's a fellow Weapon X'r, but Gambit?

#13 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the is Will.I.Am in this movie?

#14 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I'm thinking they went with a younger actor to show a younger Gambit. I doubt he'll have a huge role. But they've been wanting to get him in for a while now. Maybe this is as close as they can get to getting him on film. I'll wait to pass judgement until I hear more about the story."

The guy who will play him, his name is Bailey Chase, and he's like 34, so I think he'll have like a pretty large role

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003082/

#15 Posted by G-Man (19221 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking they went with a younger actor to show a younger Gambit. I doubt he'll have a huge role. But they've been wanting to get him in for a while now. Maybe this is as close as they can get to getting him on film. I'll wait to pass judgement until I hear more about the story.

Staff
#16 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexandria Cromwell says:

"G-Man says:
"I'm thinking they went with a younger actor to show a younger Gambit. I doubt he'll have a huge role. But they've been wanting to get him in for a while now. Maybe this is as close as they can get to getting him on film. I'll wait to pass judgement until I hear more about the story."

The guy who will play him, his name is Bailey Chase, and he's like 34, so I think he'll have like a pretty large role

" />http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003082/"

? Who are you talking about? Taylor Kitsch is playing Gambit. He's like 27

#17 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

" />http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003082/"

That's just a rumor that's been floating around for a while. IMDB hasn't updated it's page yet.

#18 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Alexandria Cromwell says:
"G-Man says:
?" />http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003082/"
? Who are you talking about? Taylor Kitsch is playing Gambit. He's like 27"

Doesn't say so on IMDB

#19 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

That's" />http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003082/"
That's just a rumor that's been floating around for a while. IMDB hasn't updated it's page yet. "

Ahhh I see..

#20 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#21 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

"Gambler says:
"G-Man says:

Doesn't say so on IMDB"

G-Man says:

"zero edge says:
"http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Wolverine.htmThat site's been reliable for me, it gets news from multiple sources. It even has Deadpool rumored in it lol... "

Uhm...so do we. I posted this earlier: http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/1440/news/&newsId=699

"

#22 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#23 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww, I'm sorry :P

#25 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Awww, I'm sorry :P"

crys

I forgive you

#26 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if we'll get to see a Gambit vs Logan vs Sabretooth vs Deadpool battle royal. I know we wont, but I can dream.

#27 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I wonder if we'll get to see a Gambit vs Logan vs Sabretooth vs Deadpool battle royal. I know we wont, but I can dream."

I would pay 10$ to see that.

(But then I would pay 10$ to see Deadpool fight anyone.)

I'm really hoping they pull of Gambit well, man.

#28 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I wonder if we'll get to see a Gambit vs Logan vs Sabretooth vs Deadpool battle royal. I know we wont, but I can dream."

DREAMER......

I wish they would put a witch in these movies already, Harry Potter isn;t enough!

#29 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Gambler says:

I would pay 10$ to see that.

(But then I would pay 10$ to see Deadpool fight anyone.)

I'm really hoping they pull of Gambit well, man. "

Me to :S I can see them having some jacked up accent and using subtitles everytime he talks.

#30 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Gambler says:
"G-Man says:
Doesn't say so on IMDB"
G-Man says:
"zero edge says:
"http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Wolverine.htm That site's been reliable for me, it gets news from multiple sources. It even has Deadpool rumored in it lol... "
Uhm...so do we. I posted this earlier: http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/1440/news/&newsId=699 "
#THIS IS COMICVINE!! *kicks you into the pit*"

Cajun, that's my line. lol, jk.

#31 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok just looked at some pics of this Taylor kid....he looks the part. but will he have the cajun draw?

#32 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

"http://penyaskitodice.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sad-face.jpg"

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wooow

#35 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

vance ur avatar is HOTT!!!! lol

i think they should have a origins movie for all the main character...u kno like storm,jean,cyclops,beast,iceman,rouge,mystique,magneto whoever u would consider "main" characters

#36 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack the Ripper says:

"weather witch says:
"vance ur avatar is HOTT!!!! lol i think they should have a origins movie for all the main character...u kno like storm,jean,cyclops,beast,iceman,rouge,mystique,magneto whoever u would consider "main" characters"
lol everyone notice that storm is the first name listed :)"

well duh she the MOST important one!!! lol

#37 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

weather witch says:

"vance ur avatar is HOTT!!!! loli think they should have a origins movie for all the main character...u kno like storm,jean,cyclops,beast,iceman,rouge,mystique,magneto whoever u would consider "main" characters"

lol

everyone notice that storm is the first name listed :)

#38 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

weather witch says:

"Jack the Ripper says:
"weather witch says:
"vance ur avatar is HOTT!!!! lol i think they should have a origins movie for all the main character...u kno like storm,jean,cyclops,beast,iceman,rouge,mystique,magneto whoever u would consider "main" characters"

well duh she the MOST important one!!! lol"

I know...

#39 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack the Ripper says:

"weather witch says:
"Jack the Ripper says:
"weather witch says:
I know..."

u kno i got a creepy a$$ story cause of "jack the ripper"

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

"Vance Astro says:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Wooow"

lol I love giant sad faces.

#41 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

weather witch says:

"Jack the Ripper says:
"weather witch says:
"Jack the Ripper says:
"weather witch says:
I know..."

u kno i got a creepy a$$ story cause of "jack the ripper""

glad to bring it back to haunt you :)

...but I have to go know

cya

#42 Posted by G-Man (19221 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#43 Posted by Frameshift (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read that Ryan Reynolds has joined the cast of the Wolverine movie. Would he be the one playing Deadpool? I could also see him as Gambit... I think he even speaks French.

#44 Posted by Midnight Shadow (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Will someone please just explain to me how in the world Gambit fits in to Wolverine's Origins!? If they try to throw him in just to have him, it's going to totally screw up anything they try to pull with Rogue and Gambit in X4 if they do one. Actually, it'll probably just screw up Gambit. If he doesn't have the Cajun drawl, I'm one Southern girl who will be very upset. Death to the writer and actor who do not give Gambit a Cajun drawl.

Rogue and Gambit must be together. They're just perfect. Throwing Gambit in with Wolverine and Deadpool during WeaponX time frame makes him too old for her. It's just wrong!
Post Edited:2008-02-23 11:09:27

#45 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Dominic Monaghan is Blackwing in Wolverine Beak? Uhm...why? "
Took may Wolverine look good in comparison?
#46 Posted by Midnight Shadow (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"G-Man says:
"Dominic Monaghan is Blackwing in Wolverine Beak? Uhm...why? "
Took may Wolverine look good in comparison? "

Wolverine doesn't need any help looking good. Especially if he is being played by Hugh Jackman.

#47 Posted by Lindarn (12 posts) - - Show Bio

As Dr. Cox from scrubs would say. "Women don't get, we're just not that into Hugh Jackman." Anywho, it wouldn't suprise me if they didn't give him his Cajun Drawl, I mean Colossus was just some dude from the mid-west instead of the awesome dude from Russia!

#48 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Shadow says:

"Will someone please just explain to me how in the world Gambit fits in to Wolverine's Origins!? If they try to throw him in just to have him, it's going to totally screw up anything they try to pull with Rogue and Gambit in X4 if they do one. Actually, it'll probably just screw up Gambit. If he doesn't have the Cajun drawl, I'm one Southern girl who will be very upset. Death to the writer and actor who do not give Gambit a Cajun drawl.Rogue and Gambit must be together. They're just perfect. Throwing Gambit in with Wolverine and Deadpool during WeaponX time frame makes him too old for her. It's just wrong!
Post Edited:2008-02-23 11:09:27"

Anything that keeps Gambit and Rogue apart is Aces in my book :P

#49 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

William Stryker

Silver Fox

and John Wraith will all be making appearances.

#50 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Midnight Shadow says:
"Will someone please just explain to me how in the world Gambit fits in to Wolverine's Origins!? If they try to throw him in just to have him, it's going to totally screw up anything they try to pull with Rogue and Gambit in X4 if they do one. Actually, it'll probably just screw up Gambit. If he doesn't have the Cajun drawl, I'm one Southern girl who will be very upset. Death to the writer and actor who do not give Gambit a Cajun drawl. Rogue and Gambit must be together. They're just perfect. Throwing Gambit in with Wolverine and Deadpool during WeaponX time frame makes him too old for her. It's just wrong!
Post Edited:2008-02-23 11:09:27"
Anything that keeps Gambit and Rogue apart is Aces in my book :P"

laughing oooooh... playing with fire there, Gambler! Gambit and Rogue are a pretty popular couple... I'd say that pretty quietly if I were you! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.