Gambit can level a house with his kinetic energy...so why?

#1 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he constantly lowballed on this board. I was just reading through his feats and it says that he can charge his staff with enough kinetic energy to knock down a house. Yet people have himi losing to guys like bullseye. WTF?!
#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the writer, but I agree. Unless it's New Sun Gambit, he's underrated, imo. 

#3 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it has to do with his durability and other attributes. If characters such as Bullseye can take him out before he can use his powers to his advantage.

#4 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Leveling a house though impressive in real life is about average for an energy slinger in comics.

#5 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the "NEW SUN" storyline. A version of Gambit who could kill Phoenix is pretty badass.

#6 Edited by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ren
His powers can be used in many different creative ways. Unfortunately, no writer other than Fabian Nicieza has taken the time to explore them.
#7 Posted by RiddlingGambit (204 posts) - - Show Bio

"New Sun" Gambit was one of the most powerful mutants ever, but he did the right thing in limiting his powers (although at the same time it was the wrong thing to do business with Mr. Sinister). He's still pretty powerful, & without his powers he is a very good fighter too, but so many writers just make him seem like a guy who is skilled at throwing explosive playing cards. There's no shame in losing to Bullseye either though. 

#8 Edited by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Gambit is kinda dumbed down nowadays.
Thinking back he used to be able to catch bullets and take down Wolverine etc, and lets not forget he has enhanced agillity, so i don't know why people think Bulleye can take down, as he's also fought Daredevil to a draw without using his powers.
Recently he did beat up Daken a bit though

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@natejoseph09 said:
Yeah Gambit is kinda dumbed down nowadays. Thinking back he used to be able to catch bullets and take down Wolverine etc, and lets not forget he has enhanced agillity, so i don't know why people think Bulleye can take down, as he's also fought Daredevil to a draw without using his powers. Recently he did beat up Daken a bit though
When did that happen? I'd love to read that. 
#10 Posted by 84taskmaster84 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i have a gambit comic where he dodges 3,300 machine gun rounds and takes not one bullet another where he catches a 40mm grenade round and throws it back and yet another where he deflects bullets with his staff with enough accuracy to hit the shooter (Forge just so ya know) i just dont see that losing to a guy who has perfect aim Gambit a has reflex feats that make aim irrelevent he would be too fast they need to stop down playing him and let him cut loose
Cool moves in hot colors.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.