Gambit 1 preview

#1 Posted by daredevil21134 (10945 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by daredevil21134 (10945 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this has already been posted.But it looks cool

#3 Posted by The Poet (8299 posts) - - Show Bio

this could be interesting....

#4 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks great, and makes me think Gambit should be on Secret Avengers/X-Force/Uncanny Avengers.....F-ck...

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

This artwork is probably something I will need to get used to. It isn't bad, but isn't exactly my taste.

#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (10945 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

This looks great, and makes me think Gambit should be on Secret Avengers/X-Force/Uncanny Avengers.....F-ck...

That sounds interesting

#7 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

That. Looks. Awesome!!!

Was kinda 'meh' about the new series, but the art rocks and it looks like a whole kinda cool espionage / action / adventure vibe is going on. Will have to check this out more.

#8 Posted by IrishX (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I like the art just fine. Thanks for posting.

#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (10323 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. I'll keep my eye on it.

#10 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Interesting artwork. Def. picking this up.

#11 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

The colorist doesn't really do Mann's art a lot of justice, but still, not bad.

#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

Dude I was thinking the same thing. How the hell can you f up Mann's work? Theres your answer.
#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Gambi agent of Shield ? :P

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fuchsia_Nightingale: lol it does look rather Shield esq
#15 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Da old one, cause If seen a lot of black and white ones lol

maybe Rem raided the trash lol

#16 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

this better not suck

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw you guys for pointing out the bad coloring. I knew something was off but didn't have an issue until y'all mentioned it >_<

#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

My goodness this looks awesome. Ugh now I have to add Gambit to my list of books and drop something else.

#19 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@jrock85 said:

Dude I was thinking the same thing. How the hell can you f up Mann's work? Theres your answer.

They should've gotten the same colorist from AOX.

#20 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fuchsia_Nightingale: Seems like something he might do lol

@moywar700 said:

this better not suck

Exactly
#21 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85: Would have made to much sense -_-
#22 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@jrock85: Would have made to much sense -_-

Of course. I mean, this is Marvel right?

#23 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: :P

#24 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.

#25 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh, that looks good! I'm so excited.

#26 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks good, hope Marvel don't ruin it...

#27 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably picking this up along with Hawkeye. They both look pretty good.

#28 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Thanks for posting this.

Not diggin' the art too much, but I'll give it a shot.

#29 Posted by SarahB (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Gambler: Gambi agent of Shield ? :P

I keep hoping.  I'm really worried all Asmus is going to do is thief capers where Gambit is pitted against everyone because he's just stealing for fun instead of making use of Gambit's skills for the heroic MU.  I'm not against Gambit stealing for fun and getting into an adventure but I'm sick of him always being on the outs with the other heros.  If Wolverine can be in the Avengers, Gambit could surely be a useful tool for the secret avengers.  It seems like a regression for the character instead of a progression to make him more integrated into the MU hero community where he should be. 
#30 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@SarahB: I actualy completely disagree. 1) Gambit has always been pretty much nothing more than just another part of a team. His main team being X Men. 2) I'd rather have him be in his own book for awhile and establish his own... for lack of a better term... Gambitverse. Let Asmus create Gambits legend, his friends and foes. I want Gambit stories, not Gambit and a bunch of other character stories. Wolverine was able to have his own ongoing series for a long time before he started playing for every team in the Marvel U, which has actualy made me go from loving Wolvie, to hating him just a little. I love solo character comics. It helps establish the greatness of that character.

#31 Posted by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about this one. It feels like it's going to end up like the X-23 series.

#32 Posted by daredevil21134 (10945 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er said:

@SarahB: I actualy completely disagree. 1) Gambit has always been pretty much nothing more than just another part of a team. His main team being X Men. 2) I'd rather have him be in his own book for awhile and establish his own... for lack of a better term... Gambitverse. Let Asmus create Gambits legend, his friends and foes. I want Gambit stories, not Gambit and a bunch of other character stories. Wolverine was able to have his own ongoing series for a long time before he started playing for every team in the Marvel U, which has actualy made me go from loving Wolvie, to hating him just a little. I love solo character comics. It helps establish the greatness of that character.

I completely agree with everything you said

#33 Posted by Sicarius_ (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I give it 24 issues. I really hope it lasts but i give it maybe two years

#34 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio

i really hopes this sticks & Gambit becomes a regular Marvel comic

#35 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks amazing. I will definitely pick up the first issue on the day it comes out. I think I'm going to buy all of them! ;)

#36 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the new Hawkeye came out August 1st... Does anyone know when the new Gambit will be released?? I'm anxious

#37 Posted by mythog (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by GillaDro (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

My goodness this looks awesome. Ugh now I have to add Gambit to my list of books and drop something else.

this.

#39 Posted by GillaDro (236 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambit #3
Release Date:9/26/2012
By James Asmus, Clay Mann

Desperately searching for a means to destroy the pilfered artifact that's cursed him, Gambit journeys deep into the jungles of Guatemala with a mysterious ally, in search of a lost temple. But instead of answers, he may just find betrayal!

Gambit #4
Release Date:10/24/2012
By James Asmus, Clay Mann

The world-shaking conclusion of the first arc of Gambit's new ongoing series! Cursed by an ancient artifact, betrayed by his only ally, and staring down a Guatemalan god monster accidentally loosed on Earth, it's going to take all of Gambit's cunning to win the day this time!

#40 Posted by The Poet (8299 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hus said:

I know the new Hawkeye came out August 1st... Does anyone know when the new Gambit will be released?? I'm anxious

not this week but next (the 8th)

#41 Posted by Nekobaghira (6 posts) - - Show Bio

This book was awesome. Great read, exactly what I thought Gambit should be. It was well written and art was nice!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.