Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Do you miss Rogue and Gambit?

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By queenfrost_

Or do you prefer them going solo? I personally love them together and would love to see the two reconcile.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Little bit of both

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Rambit

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Anything is better than Rogue and Magneto. He could be her grandfather. I say no. I think they are done with each other. I'd like them to stay single or find someone that won't make me puke when I see them kissing on panel. I'd like Gambit to hook up with Warbird to be honest.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By LoganRogue24

i like Wolverine Rogue personaly i doubt it will happen other than fan fics that is.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By Xanni15

There's a whole world of women out there for Gambit, no need to tie himself down with one and deprive all those ladies of his pleasure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I prefer them solo.

Off-Topic: Rouge's accent (country grammar) still annoys the fck out of me tho.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

There's a whole world of women out there for Gambit, no need to tie himself down with one and deprive all those ladies of his pleasure.

"I make dem ladies go boom"

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LipstickZombie

Rogue and Gambit are BY FAR the best couple in all of comics!! But Gambit really does cheat on her a lot.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine

God, no.

Rogue can learn to be a competent person and Gambit can have awesome solo adventures.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@John Valentine said:

God, no.

Rogue can learn to be a competent person and Gambit can have awesome solo adventures.

This

Rogue was at her best during the period where she was leading a small group of X-Men (Cable, Tooth, Iceman, Mystique, Lady Mastermind, etc) and Gambit is at his best when charming every hottie he comes across. Gambit/Rogue was the 90's, its time to expand already.

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LSROTJ

Right LipstickZombie, state something like that but don’t bother to back it up with any info at all…

Sorry but, Gambit doesn’t cheat on her. Rogue has hardly ever been able to make up her mind on Gambit and has always been wondering about other men like Joseph, Colossus, Campbell, Pulse and Magneto. Only when they broke up did Gambit see other women. When they were together, other women were of course interested in him but he shot them all down. From Storm, Belle, Ginny, and Foxx (who was really Mystique).

They’ve never been the best couple at all. All these years Rogue pretty much told him to take a hike. When it came time to choose between Gambit and Joseph, Rogue of course chose Gambit, and then after their first night of passion in which she swore to “love him unconditionally” in Uncanny X-Men #348… but she pretty much ended up taking it back a few issues later. After Joseph died in X-Men Vol. 2 #87, she immediately ran off to Genosha to throw herself at Magnus yet again (Magneto Rex miniseries), comparing him to Joseph (yeah, that’ll work), and discovering (*gasp*shock*) that Magneto had a lot of pain and loss in his life. He kicked her off the island.

There was even a time when Rogue refused to just put on a power-blocker and spend the evening with Gambit... she claims not to like power-blockers but they'd be an efficient temporary solution to her "Ah Can't Touch No Body" problem. Being in love with someone means that you make sacrifices for the other, but Rogue was unwilling to do even that. Other female characters in the X-Men have criticizes her over that. Lorna Sane said in Uncanny X-Men #625 “if rogue had any sense she take two aspirin and put on a power-blocker.”

Rogue left him die in Antarctica. When he came back on his own and they went looking for where he was, Rogue saw with her own eyes that Magneto was really Erik the Red, that he was the one who put Gambit on trial and almost killed him. In XML #275, 2012, even though it happens off panel, Gambit is now just a friend to her.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

@LSROTJ:

I don't want to turn this into a debate --- a lot of what you brought forward in regards to Rogue and her behaviour can be parried. I love the two of them together, I absolutely see them being together at some point but right now, with all the ridiculousness of Rogue and Magneto and ugh ---- I don't think I can even finish this post at the thought of them...

I like Gambit on his own at the moment because having him be Rogue's safe harbour was grating on my nerves. He, to me, is extremely sweet and understanding. I would like to see those attributes shown on panel towards other characters.

So -- yes, I would love for Gambit and Rogue to be together again, and selfishly I would not be against them doing so right now but realistically, the writers in charge of them lately did a crap job and it would defy logic if they were to find their way back to each other at this moment. Just don't have Remy drooling over a woman already. So freaking annoying.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I personally want them back together. They were a really cute couple.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Blood1991

They both have alot of growing up to do before I think it will work again. Gambit needs to learn to tie himself to one person, and Rogue needs to decide who or what she wants.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daredevil21134

nope

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Munsu

Nope. Terrible couple. It worked some and was interesting in the 90s but they should have broken the two of them up for good a long time ago.

He came across as so pathetic in Legacy the last time they really talked about their relationship. He basically said he loved her unconditionally and wanted to be with her forever and she couldn't think of anything to say back. Instead she basically right after that went to the tent next door to have sex with Magneto and then started dating him. Seriously, it made him look so sad. You can thank good ol' Mr. Carey for that scene, but that is pretty typical. Any time Rogue think a better option comes around she is ready to drop Gambit. It's just he will never be as interesting or as good a character with Rogue as he could be on his own.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SarahB

Do I miss the relationship? Heck yes. I miss the fact that it was the only relationship that was ever interesting to me in Marvel, They were fun and were a perfect crazy match for each othe even when they broke up for awhile. However that is missing the times it was written well not the last six to seven years where Rogue's became a shallow self absorbed brat (despite us being told she was "growing") and Gambit was just her shadow to prove how desirable she was. Yes blame Mike Carey and his wanting to make her a leader and Magneto's girlfriend when honestly she was much more fun as powerhouse rogue - pun intended - who was more devoted to Xavier's ideals than most of the original x-men. So now I think they need some time apart. For Rogue to get her spunk and empthy back and Gambit to just show how good he really is.

***Instead she basically right after that went to the tent next door to have sex with Magneto and then started dating him. Seriously, it made him look so sad***

It did but it made her look much worse. You don't treat people you supposedly care about even with them broken up with that much disregard for their feelings.

***Any time Rogue think a better option comes around she is ready to drop Gambit ***

This has been a problem with Marvel's female heros for a long time. Only characters "created" for one another can be loyal. I liked Gambit and Rogue because they weren't created for each other and were developed characters without the other first. That's what made them a special couple. However Marvel can't not do "love triangles" for angst and in variably they make the usually female center look like a fickle idiot.

***It's just he will never be as interesting or as good a character with Rogue as he could be on his own.***

I disagree with this concept though. There have been plenty of times when they were together that he was very intersting and her too. Claremont did them well in X-treme. Marvel has to alternate exposure between coupled characters and quit retreading old ground. Most of all do what the Gambit book is doing and keep Gambit smart, unpredictable, cunning and fun and Rogue needs to get back to sassy and fun. Both need to use their powers better which hasn't been done for a long time and get to win some big fight instead of Marvel playing their same old favorites over and over (Captain -cough - America- cough).

Roguegirl24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Roguegirl24

Yes i do...once upon a time they were perfect for eachother

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stumpy49er

They were good at one point, but after all that's happened, it would be better for Remy to play the feild for awhile. I could see him eventually settling with a down to earth kind of girl. As for Rogue.. I could care less.

ivolution2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ivolution2k1

i dont know what it is i just dislike rogue like imho she sucks and everytime i see her in a title shes hyped up to be this cool character gambit can do better, as for rogue and magneto well thats just creepy

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't want to see them together again.I liked them together but now they should go on their own adventure and Gambit is way cooler being solo.

natejoseph09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By natejoseph09

I used to like them, but after Legacy, Gambit got most of his personality ripped out of him and he was just a doormat.

Now Gambit's romancing ladies and having adventures with the X-Men and on his own and Rogues doing whatever she's doing, i could be won over if Romy is written well though but it dosen't look like it's happening for a long while.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PopRock123

I want them to be together but not right now both characters are doing well on their own.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@natejoseph09 said:

I used to like them, but after Legacy, Gambit got most of his personality ripped out of him and he was just a doormat.

Now Gambit's romancing ladies and having adventures with the X-Men and on his own and Rogues doing whatever she's doing, i could be won over if Romy is written well though but it dosen't look like it's happening for a long while.

I agree that the way they have been written lately was terrible. Hopefully, once both Rogue and Gambit start developing more as individual characters, maybe there might be a writer out there who's willing to put these two back together and write them well. Bring back Joss Whedon!!!

Avatar image for annarnone_deathfeather
    Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit's legendary. Who doesn't like a guy who can travel through the astral stream throws cards that explode on contact uses a bo-staff and acts so cool. I like Rogue but prefer Jubilee.

I hated that Gambit didn't show up in the films except for Wolverines Origins he's by far the best of the X-men in my eyes.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LoganRogue24

Rogue should date Logan in my opion just saying.

Avatar image for annarnone_deathfeather
    Annarnone_Deathfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I think she is more suited to angel

smeagollk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By smeagollk

marvel, start writing your characters without completely changing their personality! god dammit... the rogue x magneto thing is probably the worst pairing i've seen, grand-daddy issues much? legacy ruined the x-men for me, everything just went to hell.... the original romy couple was incredible, fun, crazy and also very deep...i could live with the fact, that they decided not to include one of the best comic book story arcs in the movies, but the writers just keep spitting on our good old memories... yes i want rogue and gambit back together, but after the writers sort their sh*t out and give us the original characters we fell in love with

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercy_

No, I do not.

Kentotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kentotron

I liked their relationship until about X-Men #41. After that, it pretty much went to hell in my eyes. Do I want to see them together as they are now? NO. That $#!@ is tired. Rogue can be with whoever she wants. Magneto, Puck, Galactus, I don't care. People always talk about how Gambit is such a ladies man in the comics, but aside from a few flirtations, we hardly ever see it. Good writing means that you show me he's a lady killer, don't tell me he is. Let's see Gambit as a ladies man for a while, without him being tied to any one person. Why isn't he like, the Tony Stark of the X crowd? Even better, he stays as far away from the X-Men and builds a rep with the rest of the Marvel U. Then, Tony Stark becomes the Gambit of the Avengers crowd, as far as the ladies are concerned.

BiMor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiMor

I really liked them together and only got back into comics recently and was sad to hear they split.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.