Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Confused on power again.

Hus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hus

Ok, Gambit can't charge organic matter, then he can, then he can't, then someone uploads scans proving he can. Has anyone read Gambit #5? Is he back to being unable to charge organic matter again? What is 616 cannon on this subject matter?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't believe there has ever been official statement that says he can charge organic matter under his regular powers. Outside of that, he has multiple showings that says he can. I have Gambit 4-5 on my dresser at home that I will read and get back to this.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

In his fight with Cap in AvX, it said that he couldn't. Then again, I really shouldn't believe anything from that trash... I always get confused with this issue too.

Hus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hus

edit: It's Gambit issue 5, not 4 that stirred up my confusion

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Read the issue. As I said before, it's a little known fact. Asmus could have very EASILY blown over the subtle fact Gambit can charge organic matter now, same way McNiven did. Neither have to read every single Gambit issue out there and at least Asmus is showing unique ways to use Remy's charging powers like the bacteria to get the access code.

And I have evidence from majority, if not all, of the instances he has blown up organic matter with a little blog I made back some months ago. Click here------v

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/god_spawn/avx-misconception-can-gambit-charge-organic-matter/87-80752/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.