Follow

Gambit

Character » Gambit appears in 4687 issues.

A charming master thief and skilled martial artist who became a member of the X-Men, Gambit possesses the mutant ability to change potential energy in inanimate objects into kinetic energy which causes them to explode. His signature move is throwing kinetically-charged playing cards at his opponents.

Confirmed: Channing Tatum is Gambit

• 121 results
    WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://parterre.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/scream.jpg

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wolverine08: No, you're just saying that cause your Wolvey is still played by a talented actor. You damn troll. :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ostyo said:

@wolverine08: No, you're just saying that cause your Wolvey is still played by a talented actor. You damn troll. :P

Wolverine deserves the best. It's only natural.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hahahahaha

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to Hear it now we'll definitely Have more &!%$#3$ in tHe tHeaters... I mean, women... women

-ABstract4$$#073-

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@k4tzm4n said:

RIDICULOUS. YOU NEED AN OSCAR WINNER FOR THE COMPLEX MAN KNOWN AS GAMBIT. NOT SOME GOOD LOOKING GUY WHO HAS BEEN IN ACTION MOVIES AND CAN ACT CHARMING. THAT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE THE REMY LEBEAU I KNOW!

/FLIPS ALL OF THE TABLES EVER

I'm going to develop an internet crush on you.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physically, he can make it, even if he need a little training.

But I don't really know if he's up to the task as an actor. The cajun accent ? Well, he's from Louisiana but that's not a garantee. It's like hiring a chinese because you presume he will know kung fu...

I suppose their hiring him more because he's a known pretty face to put on a truth-to-be-told obscure character, and the producer think he's "bankable" and that's make me rather... sceptic.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Weird choice but there has to be a good reason as it will be there 3rd time trying to put him in a movie and making him big. (x-men 3 he was in a deleted scene and the obvious wolverine movie). So i wonder why they chose him?

venom2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By venom2015

I have no clue why people hate this guy. Not only is he attractive but he is a good actor. Which should make everyone happy. If he gets the accent then I think he will be great at the role.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen a movie with him in, or read a comic with gambit in it, so I can't really comment...but this seems like a bad casting decision to me. Not that I care much for the x-men movies anyway.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should have just kept the original guy.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

awesome sauce thought its not surprising as there has been talks for this for months now

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

He's actually a talented actor. It's why Soderbergh works with him.

He'll be fine.

Perfect director for this.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should have been Josh Hartnett- I mean in a non gay ( p.s please don't take that the wrong type of comment ) way I think he would be perfect- slim athletic figure-squinty dark eyes and ive just seen a trailer with him in Penny Dreadful with long hair-perfect match instead of mr.potato head tatum! what doe anyone think?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

*drowns self* blrbrllblrblblrbbrlrblblbb... blbl....

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha ha! nice drowning effects!

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Gambit is a bit part anyway

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#119  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Channing isn't confirmed yet, he's still "in talks"

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still think he's got potential to do well.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@k4tzm4n You can't really blame people for not being happy about the casting. I mean Tatum just isn't a good actor, he even said it himself that he's a bad actor and he mostly gets by on his looks. But the problem with that is he looks nothing like Gambit, like at all. Yes they both are good looking and charming but Gambit has a roguish charm, he's a dangerous guy and a criminal. He's also more complex than you give him credit for with the whole tragic Romeo & Juliet background, his tragic relationship with Rogue and him tragically betraying the X-Men and causing the Mutant Massacre. When Gambit has that smirk on his face you know he's planning your downfall and at least Taylor Kitsch had that stab-you-in-the-back look to him but Channing Tatum looks like a big dumb puppy, when he smirks it doesn't make you think "that guys dangerous but sexy" it makes you think "DAWWWWW".

I think there are many actors who could pull of Gambit a million times better than Tatum and one of them is Gaspard Ulliel. Not only does he look EXACTLY like Gambit but he's also a French actor so doing the accent wouldn't be hard.

No Caption Provided

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Granted Ulliel looks a lot like Gambit, but French and cajun are different accents. I don't want to watch a Gambit movie and think 'this guys from France' I want to think "this guys from Louisiana' which I think is more likely with Tatum who is from the south. I think there are many actors who look more the role and who are far better actors than Tatum but I also think this movie doesn't get made without some star power behind it. Channing Tatum has star power. Think Maleficent, that movie wouldn't have done anywhere as near as well in the box office without Angelina Jolie. Gambit might be my favorite Marvel character, but for the majority of movie going audiences, most people don't know or care about Gambit, so you can't just cast an unknown like you could with Spiderman or Batman. You need star power to draw in audiences. Do I think it will be a good movie? Can't just count on Tatums star power (certainly not just his acting ability) to make this a good movie. I'm hoping Fox gets a good director and writers for this. Otherwise we could get another Daredevil.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Just being from the south doesn't mean he can do a Cajun accent, I'd wader it's easier for a French guy to pull on off. I'd rather have a well acted low selling movie then a diluted badly acted one because let's face it, Gambit is only going have the one movie.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I don't disagree with you that a well acted low selling movie would be much better than a diluted badly acted movie. I'm just saying Fox studios is going to go with what will make them money. Gambit won't be made without a star playing Remy. I'm just happy to actually get a Gambit movie made, if in fact it does get made. It is still uncertain.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

He grew up in Louisiana around Cajuns.. I think he could pull it off.

-shrug-.... The only thing that might be annoying is all the crazy Channing Tatum fangirls who gives zero sh*ts about comics.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: So your saying you'd rather have a long line of tripe like the Transformers series that arguably does more harm to the source than good, than have one excellent movie like Dredd?

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By stumpy49er

While I agree that the Transformers movies are pretty horrible, I don't think it's ruined any of the Transformers source material or anything that I've loved about Transformers that came before. There have been horrible Batman movies and there have been great Batman movies. In a ways I'm glad we have them all. Balance out the good with the bad. Plus, I'm happy that the interest in Batman has stood the test of time and the trials of bad movies. Hopefully a Gambit movie, good or bad, can generate interest in Gambit.

Oscar Wilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

hanseperez1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By hanseperez1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.