Cards used by Gambit

#1 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, I know this is sort of a random topic, but I was just curious: does any one have pictures to show what type of playing cards Gambit uses? I figure most of the time the artist just draws random backs on the cards, but I know at one point he was using Tally-Ho circle Backs(http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/tallyho.php), so I was wondering if there were any other instances where he uses real life playing cards.

(Btw I'm a card collector so thats why im even interested in this in the first place)

#2 Posted by Reality (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say regular playing cards, but now I realize I'm totally out of my depth.

#3 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

He only uses Bicycle(tm) playing cards

#4 Edited by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reality: Well just the fact that he used a specific type of cards once made me wonder if he did other times.

@gravitypress: Not only, do you have any proof? I specifically remember in Messiah Complex him using Tally-Ho Circle Backs. I dont have a picture to show so, however...

#5 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

A Wizard reader once asked why Gambit didn't use Chinese or Korean style cards, which are round and would fly better.

#6 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyxEquitis: Lol I was J/K because card players can be quite particular.

#7 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress: Alright, I wasn't sure if that was a completely serious response or not.

#8 Posted by DamianWayne (116 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, if you blow up the Gambit's left hand. It looks like a standard deck of red bicycle cards.

#9 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@DamianWayne said:

To me, if you blow up the Gambit's left hand. It looks like a standard deck of red bicycle cards.

Guess he's into the classics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.