What if....

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32631 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus got a orange power ring?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he? He's not greedy. He just takes enough to survive; he's no different from the average person, really.

#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Why would he? He's not greedy. He just takes enough to survive; he's no different from the average person, really. "
This.

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if he's not greedy by implication then he certainly would be after getting an orange power ring.  He'd be on a rampage worse than the Narada did in the 2009 Star Trek movie.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:
" Well, if he's not greedy by implication then he certainly would be after getting an orange power ring.  He'd be on a rampage worse than the Narada did in the 2009 Star Trek movie. "
... if he's not greedy, why would the Orange Ring recruit him?
#6 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7723 posts) - - Show Bio
YOUR ALL MISSING THE BIGGEST PROBLEM!!! THERES NO WAY A RING COULD FIT ON THOSE FAT FINGERS ;3 as Rihanna said "If you like it then you Should'a Put a ring on it" and it dont like it ;p
#7 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCheeseStabber:

Yeah, it would fit. Mogo the living planet is a lantern.

PS: I realize you're joking around. I apologize, but I take everything seriously.
#8 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably wouldn't recruit him but that's not what this feller is asking here  During the Blackest night we all remember Atrocitus took hold of the orange power by force temporarily (not sure if it was the ring or the lamp however) and out of nowhere he had sudden heightened levels of greed.  One might say that he had greed in him to begin with, some thinking rage/vengeance is greed for punishment, but I don't think that at all.  I think what this guy is merely suggesting is if Galactus suddenly got a ring regardless of whether it chose him or not, what he'd do.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus:

I don't remember that incident. Do you have scans?
#10 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Hmm I can search and see if I can find it and if not I can always scan a picture of it once I find what issue its in.  I just remember it vividly during that whole Blackest Night event.
#11 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus:

Closest thing I can remember is when Hal jammed Larfleeze's muzzle into the lantern.
#12 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7723 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: w8 w8 w8 w8 a second how does a planet have a ring o.O
#13 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCheeseStabber:

How does a fly? Yes, a fly. Apparently, the size of rings can vary.

Meet Mogo:

And now, for the other extreme, meet Bzzd:

And before you ask: no, these are not What If? stories. They're mainstream. And no, they're not made for children's book (Bzzd died taking out Mongul's eye. Wasn't pretty)
#14 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCheeseStabber said:
"YOUR ALL MISSING THE BIGGEST PROBLEM!!! THERES NO WAY A RING COULD FIT ON THOSE FAT FINGERS ;3 as Rihanna said "If you like it then you Should'a Put a ring on it" and it dont like it ;p "

Wait isn't it Beyonce that said that?
#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember now...Atrocitus wanted to get his ring charged up again like real fast and he wanted to use Agent Orange's lamp to do it...I don't have the panel listing his specific reaction to it but this is how it started...
#16 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7723 posts) - - Show Bio
@IIDEADxPOOLII: thats what i thought in the begining but just in case@JediXMan: i knew about the fly the planets pretty cool
#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32631 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @RedheadedAtrocitus said:
" Well, if he's not greedy by implication then he certainly would be after getting an orange power ring.  He'd be on a rampage worse than the Narada did in the 2009 Star Trek movie. "
... if he's not greedy, why would the Orange Ring recruit him? "
I was under the impression that if you are in possession of the orange power battery it makes you insanely greedy no matter what, like what happened to Hal in Agent Orange
#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87: And you would be correct, for it also happened to Atrocitus during the Blackest Night.
#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32631 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:
" @spiderbat87: And you would be correct, for it also happened to Atrocitus during the Blackest Night. "
this from the wiki: Orange Lantern Power Battery.- Located formerly in the Okaaran underworld, the Orange Lantern serves as the single Battery of the Orange Lantern Corps, containing all the souls of the Orange Lanterns and recharging the single Orange ring. Only one can wield the single Battery, and that post has been occupied by Agent Orange, formerly Larfleeze of Ogatoo. Merely standing near the Battery causes insufferable greed to overwhelm the owner's senses, as Hal Jordan discovered by taking it away from Larfleeze.
#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly, the only exception being Lex Luthor who actually got an orange power ring attached to his finger.  Funny, for a wiki entry that is pretty well written I say.

#21 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@IIDEADxPOOLII said:
" @TheCheeseStabber said:
"YOUR ALL MISSING THE BIGGEST PROBLEM!!! THERES NO WAY A RING COULD FIT ON THOSE FAT FINGERS ;3 as Rihanna said "If you like it then you Should'a Put a ring on it" and it dont like it ;p "
Wait isn't it Beyonce that said that? "
Yes Beyonce, if you have not seen it go watch the version with Justin Timberlake and Adam Sandberg..awesome funny

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.