Questiona about Galactus and Celestials

#1 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the main reason Galactus hates the Celestials so much? I read the bios around the net and I am still confused by it all. What exactly is the link between them?

#2 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

They killed him.

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15

They killed him.

When did that happen?
#4 Edited by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure exactly, but found this...

The Celestials would soon over populate their home universe causing it's collapse and the event that would lead to it's own creation. This event would lead to the birth of Galactus, who unknown to most but the most cosmically aware was actually an equalizer to insure that the Celestials would never overpopulate the universe again by feeding on some of the planets they impregnate.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Celestials

Seems like that is the root cause of tension. Like natural predators. Now we're all cosmically aware!

#5 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus hates them for killing so many, yet he himself does the same. That makes no sense to me what so ever. He's cool with it because its for his survival, like there is a different in slaughtering trillions for your own survival vs for procreation of their own species?

The Celestials had nothing to do with Galactus. He was the last being to survive before the last universe imploded and was caught in the mystical primal force that led to the creation of his physical body being converted to energy that then coalesced into the being known as Galactus. They did not directly kill him, but did lead to Galens end so to speak. I never considered that the reason he hates them. All the encounters between them over the years....clearly Galatus HATES them. I wish there were a better reason for it than "ending the universe which led to his further existing for the next 14 billion years".

If they didn't do that, Galactus would be dead. So...what the hell is he mad for lol

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@mettlekm said:

Not sure exactly, but found this...

The Celestials would soon over populate their home universe causing it's collapse and the event that would lead to it's own creation. This event would lead to the birth of Galactus, who unknown to most but the most cosmically aware was actually an equalizer to insure that the Celestials would never overpopulate the universe again by feeding on some of the planets they impregnate.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Celestials

Seems like that is the root cause of tension. Like natural predators. Now we're all cosmically aware!

makes sense. Celestials are like gardeners and Galactus is the pest

#7 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

If they are or were close to over populating the last age, why are there only 20 or so Celestials? All of them died out? Uhh..why did the 20 survive and everyone else didnt? Its really confused and i wish more would be explained lol.

#8 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus follows the cosmic order. The Celestials follow their own pursuits and desires. They are bound to clash.

#9 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

@Xanni15

They killed him.

When did that happen?

Those alternate reality Celestial's. Does that not count?

#10 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: During the Thanos Imperative or in Hickman's Fantastic Four? He didn't die in either. He was the last (participating) abstract standing during the Cancerverse invasion and was defeated but not dead when the alternate reality Celestials combined.

#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart: So he was just technically asleep/needed to be recharged? I thought resurrecting someone meant they had died? Just curious. :]

#12 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Galactus can be K'Oed just like anyone else. The blurb in #605 only says he was defeated, not dead. And when Franklin restored him, there was no mention of resurrection.

#13 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus has a glass chin. I would love to see a Comic that series that follows Galactus as the main character and his struggles. His inner struggle and such. Would love to see him get fed up with the Celestials and go on the attack. Maybe get into a fight with one of them or run into one of them on his travels and end up going all out and killing one. Absorbing him or taking his tech and using it against other Celestials and ultimately wiping them all out of the Marvel Omniverse for good.

meh, a guy can dream.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.