Question about Galactus, need help

#1 Posted by ThorTitan (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody have any instances of Galactus using reality warping abilities and/or time manipulation or control?  I'm in a debate with someone and they have asked me to provide proof of that he can do these things but i cannot think of one instance.

#2 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to reread some of my older material, but I don't recall anytime he's displayed those abilities. If he could control time in anyway, wouldn't it just make sense to just keep eating the tastiest planet and then bouncing back to before it's destroyed for more. It'd be a lot less work than having to make a herald go and find more.

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen displays that border on reality warping, but that's not what I would call them. An example is restoring himself, his ship and those aboard during the Infinity War when Magus blew up his ship while traveling through dimensions. Even the Silver Surfer was amazed. 
 
But otherwise, I'd say no. That's not to say that Galactus does not have the ability to do either, but he either can not or it is not in his nature to use them as they might do unbalance to the universe, the balance that he himself is supposed to keep. 

Moderator
#4 Posted by ThorTitan (2 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Thanks for the help!
#5 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThorTitan said:

" Does anybody have any instances of Galactus using reality warping abilities and/or time manipulation or control?  I'm in a debate with someone and they have asked me to provide proof of that he can do these things but i cannot think of one instance. "

 Doom after absorbing all of Galactus' power finds out that his slightest thoughts warp reality.

http://img211.imageshack.us/i/secretwars00925.jpg/
http://img294.imageshack.us/i/secretwars01002.jpg/
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/secretwars01004.jpg/
http://img27.imageshack.us/i/secretwars01005.jpg     
 
^ From the original Secret Wars.
#6 Posted by RoninTheFury (377 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThorTitan: during a Silver Surfer storyline, it was revealed that the Surfers homeworld of Zenn-la had been destroyed by an entity known as "The Other", and had nearly killed Galactus and the Surfer in the process. Galactus felt so guilt ridden(as he had promised Zenn-la would be spared in return for the Surfer as his herald) that he was unable to prevent this from occurring, that he used a tremendous amount of his power cosmic, and restored the planet and all of its people. it was in essence, an illusion, but one that he said no one would ever be able to detect, and after erasing this from the Surfers memory, for years and years the Surfer(and the rest of the universe) thought that this was truly Zenn-la. i do knot know if you would call that "warping reality", but Galactus made it out to be a tremendous feat that few others could accomplish, so i don't know if that helps at all.
#7 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

" I'll have to reread some of my older material, but I don't recall anytime he's displayed those abilities. If he could control time in anyway, wouldn't it just make sense to just keep eating the tastiest planet and then bouncing back to before it's destroyed for more. It'd be a lot less work than having to make a herald go and find more. "

im not saying he does have the power to do this because I don't know if he can or not. But he would not abuse time manipulation like that it would offset the course of the galaxy, and I don't think he'd be too keen on that :D
#8 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @tonis said:

" I'll have to reread some of my older material, but I don't recall anytime he's displayed those abilities. If he could control time in anyway, wouldn't it just make sense to just keep eating the tastiest planet and then bouncing back to before it's destroyed for more. It'd be a lot less work than having to make a herald go and find more. "

im not saying he does have the power to do this because I don't know if he can or not. But he would not abuse time manipulation like that it would offset the course of the galaxy, and I don't think he'd be too keen on that :D "
he does seem to follow a code of honor when it comes to chowing planets, without a doubt :) 
It would be cool though if you could eat one and then bring it back for dessert.
#9 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: yeah totally :D
#10 Posted by galactus1967 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

i remember a mini-series involving korvac ,tracking his power through out time.To distant relatives,after galactus had fired the (un)at him for stealing power from his home world.making himself a god rivealing galactus.Each relative used reality warping powers more than I had ever seen galactus using them.One small man turned his bosses desk into a bunch of apples,he than shot a buch of missles from his wrist at a height of about 80 ft. tall.At a future incarnation of thor and the gaurdians of the galaxy.They eventually defeated him but his power simply jumped to the next person of a relative further along in the time stream.An older man who had the look of a sky father,who had made his world into a paradice with galactus power.In fact the surfer kept comming back here to rest,as though he scenced galactus power there.when the g.o.t.g show up the man calls the surfer to come back and fight the invaders.their battle eventually cases a school to fall and kill two children.this enrages the man and brings the children back to life and repaired the school.He also traps the g.o.t.g in statis fields.the surfer finally figures out this is galactus power and asks the old man to give the power to t.g.o.t.g,he says he will.But makes use of the power one more time.thus turning the planet temp. back into a paridice.Afer that the power leaves so fast they have to keep following it,and the man and his wife die of old age without the power cosmic. ed

#11 Posted by kgb725 (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't use it but he is powerful enough to have it in his arsenal and if he traveled in time he couls possibly unbalance the universe or worse by being away for so long

Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.