Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

I Galactus getting weaker

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superparody

I noticed something interesting... In the beginning Galactus had to only feed ounce every couple thousand years and he only had to feed off of desolate planets but later on galactus had to feed more frequently to survive and he has to feed off planets that support life to survive... the question I have is, Galactus is a being of pure energy who feeds of planets to sustain his own energy becauase galactus's life force is slowly burning out... Is galactus losing energy faster causing him to feed more like a leak in a pipe... is galactus going to get to a point where he must feed every 3 hours on a planet to survive... 

just wanted to know 
    (dum keyboard sry for the misspell)
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Maybe it's the opposite. Maybe he is becoming more powerful and thus needs to feed more. It would still probably take billions more years either way for him to need to feed that much.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Satyrquaze

He's been needing to feed much more often as a side effect of the Annihilation storyline. Annihilus and Thanos held him captive for the better part of a year, feeding him very little.
    Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Superparody
    @Satyrquaze said:
    "He's been needing to feed much more often as a side effect of the Annihilation storyline. Annihilus and Thanos held him captive for the better part of a year, feeding him very little. "

no he has been steadly needing more to feed before that happend... I think he is running out of power in a sense because he is never at full power or fully satisfied anymore...
    Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Superparody
    @Superparody said:
    "@Satyrquaze said:
    "He's been needing to feed much more often as a side effect of the Annihilation storyline. Annihilus and Thanos held him captive for the better part of a year, feeding him very little. "
    no he has been steadly needing more to feed before that happend... I think he is running out of power in a sense because he is never at full power or fully satisfied anymore... "

then again Galactus is using his lack of hunger as a excuse now these days...perhaps Galactus has been a full power yet he is always being beaten so he uses the "oh I wasnt fed" card
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

I have a different theory: Galactus serves as a balance between Eternity and Death. When he just woke up, the universe was underpopulated, with only a few species and planets alive, and very few souls were needed to maintain the balance between life and death. As life spread throughout the universe, more deaths were needed to maintain the balance, and thus Galactus became hungrier in response.

A similar theory is that, as time progressed, Abraxas, the anti-thesis of Eternity, became more and more powerful, and thus Galactus was forced to expend more energy in order to keep him at bay.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @AtPhantom: excellent explanations
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AtPhantom
    @jloneblackheart: Thanks, but like I said, it's just a theory.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @AtPhantom said:
    " I have a different theory: Galactus serves as a balance between Eternity and Death. When he just woke up, the universe was underpopulated, with only a few species and planets alive, and very few souls were needed to maintain the balance between life and death. As life spread throughout the universe, more deaths were needed to maintain the balance, and thus Galactus became hungrier in response.  A similar theory is that, as time progressed, Abraxas, the anti-thesis of Eternity, became more and more powerful, and thus Galactus was forced to expend more energy in order to keep him at bay. "
    Theory, or not, it's still a very rational and well conceived one.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " e more and more powerful, and thus Galactus was forced to expend more energy in order to keep him at bay. "Theory, or not, it's still a very rational and well conceived one. "
    LOL Why thank you. : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.